Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Potted meat on the purée stage?

Could a guy eat potted meat on the purée stage? I've never tried it but after 2 weeks of shakes I'm ready for any kind of meat

That's not meat...don't do it! At least look at the nutrition information first...I don't think it's good for anyone to eat it.

@@Cander, if you've cooked up some pot roast or braised beef or similar and you weren't told not to eat meate by your surgery practice, there's no reason not to purée it. Real purée, that is, not chopped into little chunks. Use some of the aromatics and the gravy or likwid from the pot to ease the process and the eating. How much you'll like it or chicken, et al., is another topic.

(@@justhere4theshow, what are you warning Cander away from? I'm trying to guess.)

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch Potted meat is gross!

Ingredients: Beef Tripe, Mechanically Separated chicken, Beef Hearts, Partially Defatted Cooked BeefFatty Tissue, Meat broth, Vinegar, Salt, Flavoring, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite.

Friends don't let friends eat potted meat, LOL.

Edited by justhere4theshow

I ate pate during pureed stage. It was delicious!

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

As @@Aggiemae said, I would puree some good quality chicken with low fat gravy rather than eating out of a tin/jar.

Just my opinion :D

Kate

The sodium content is insane and the fat is horrible (and it's saturated fat so nothing at all good) and as much as I used to love potted meat (grew up on it so doesn't gross me out) I will never buy it again.

You really, really really need to get in the habit of reading nutrition labels ASAP. High carb? Steer clear. High fat (especially satuated fat). Big nope. Sky high sodium? Hell no!

You want things that are healthy to eat, and that does generally mean things closer to whole (not processed out the wazoo) food. Canned chicken or tuna fish with a bit of mayo and some sugar free pickle relish (Kroger sells the relish) was a life saver for me.

Or try some baked white fish with a lemon butter garlic sauce (lots of recipes out there). I also dust it with blackening seasoning or even a tiny bit of cayanne pepper for an extra kick. The fish is super soft and easy to eat and is great for lean Protein (and real butter is fine in moderation... much better for you than the processed junk like margarine). I love tilapia or swai fish and it is so easy to throw together and eat on it for several meals.

Moderate healthy fats, high Protein (lean meats), and later on healthy veggies and complex carbs in moderation.

Edited by FrankiesGirl

Potted meat....that is a fancy name for something I would not feed to my dog. :blink:

Friends don't let friends eat potted meat, LOL.

Good grief, I didn't know that there's a manufactured thing. To me, potted meat is in the realm of pot roast -- real food. The terms of the Geneva Conventions surely prohibit as torture the mechanical separation of chickens.

Thanks for the education. You've made my eyes cross.

@@Cander, don't do it!

Edited by WLSResources/ClothingExch

A soft baked white fish, like Swai, was a lifesaver for me during that stage. Bake with lemon juice and fork it a bit to the desired texture.

@@justhere4theshow

YUCK!!! Double YUCK and no friggin way!