Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year surgiversary! So happy with the results!

It's been a year!!! I can't believe how fast this time has passed. I started out low bmi (height 5'8.5", starting weight: 190 lbs.) I was always physically active, but my access weight was really holding me back from excelling at all I wanted to do and be as well as causing me great anxiety. I have three young kids, and the day of surgery I woke up and thought, what am I doing?!!! Once it was done, there was no turning back, so I ate what I was supposed to, walked all the time from the get go, and came to this forum for support!

This year has been one of the most amazing years of my life. As the weight melted off, I was able to be even more active, and the more active I became, the weight continued to come off. It was a cycle of health! My goal weight was 140, which I hit around 5 or 6 months post surgery. I hit my current weight about 8 months post surgery. I am now on the cusp of being underweight (124 lbs, I am guessing because I am so active), but I feel amazing! I have never felt so healthy. I do taekwondo twice a week and run a ton (this week I ran a total of 34 miles). I eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full. I still love food, but it just doesn't have the pull it used to have. It doesn't hold my thoughts hostage anymore! My husband is stoked, clothes are so fun to shop for and wear (I went from a size 14/16 to a size 2/4). I wore a bikini for the first time ever this summer! I am not self conscious to meet new people, and I don't have to pull my shirt out of my belly fat when I sit down anymore. Having gastric sleeve surgery is the greatest gift I ever gave myself!

post-264961-0-15464500-1480231289_thumb.jpg

Congrats... you look amazing !

one of the most amazing years of my life

@@24601

you are shinging bright!!!

i just put my sunglasses on!!! B)

kids and hubby see the new you

the "old" new!! was great - but look at you now

bet you look as good as you feel - or vice versa LOL

continue running like the wind through life

i will always look up to!!

you tower 6 inches over my 5'3!!

keep up the good job for the rest of your healthier, happier, longer life

kathy

congrats

Congratulations, thank you for sharing your story. It will motivate a lot of us. My sleeve day is Dec 7th, I can't wait. Keep us posted and continue your success .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Omg!! Thank you so much for your story. I am a low BMI at 35. I had my surgery Dec. 5th. I am so enthused by your story. I too am very active in crossfit, biiking and swimming but at 55 just couldn't keep the weight off. I seem to always be struggling with 30-50 pounds extra. I was afraid that I would lose the weight slowly or not all of it, but I am so stoked now after reading your story!

Congrats, you look great!

You look amazing!! Your story is inspiring for me...

Today is my 2 year sleeversary! My HW was 266 SW 232 today I weigh 157. I still would like to loose another 10-15 pounds but I am happy where I am if I don't loose anymore. I went from a size 18-20 to 6 and 8's depending on the style. I still have a round tummy and I'm not sure how to help that. I have had 6 back surgeries and to strengthen my core is hard because of my restrictions. This saddens me because I have family members that still call me tubby. I guess things don't change for some. So, when I look in the mirror I still see that girl I was before when my mid section remains so round. Any suggestions what to do to help this problem... I still make sure I get my Protein in everyday and I drink Water like there is no tomorrow and I also follow everything the nutritional stuff instructed me to do. I know I can't change the options of my family but how do I change my negative opinion of myself when they call me tubby? Just venting on my 2 yr celebration. post-308251-14818138929357_thumb.jpg post-308251-14818139127969_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by marimartinez

Great before and after pics... you look great ...I am scheduled for sleeve surgery 2/8/2017 do you have any regrets??? Or any suggestions for me???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have zero regrets! I would do this over again if I had to. It is such a life changer! My suggestion would just be to follow your surgeon's post op plan! And when it sucks right after surgery, it will get better! That first month is kind of rough even more mentally than physically. It is normal. Come to this forum often for support! Good luck.

You look great girl!! same here I follow all the docs instructions and I lost 90 pnds in 9 months now been 2 yrs and my weight still 116 pnds

never regrets!!!

attachicon.gifPicsArt_05-23-12.12.17_1477847098454.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

You look amazing! Great progress! I love seeing such awesome results!

Great before and after pics... you look great ...I am scheduled for sleeve surgery 2/8/2017 do you have any regrets??? Or any suggestions for me???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm scheduled for 2/8/17 too! You're the first person I've seen with the same date as me. ????

Sent from my QTAIR7 using the BariatricPal App