Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Were Your Thanksgiving Triumphs and Tribulations?

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you are enjoying a bit of time to relax with family, catch up with friends, do a little holiday shopping, or get your home back in order! Maybe you’re even taking some time to cook some healthy leftovers with skinless turkey, or plan a few healthy meals for the coming week.

Thanksgiving has plenty of opportunities for WLS triumphs. If this is your first Thanksgiving after WLS or thinking about WLS, it may have been far different than in previous years as you thought more about what you ate and how much. Even if you are a few years out from WLS, you are probably still pretty conscious about your Thanksgiving meal – no more eating everything in sight or going for the leftovers almost as soon as the meal has ended!

This year, what were some of your Thanksgiving triumphs? Were you able to pass up the candied sweet potatoes? Did you limit yourself to a smaller helping of stuffing? Did you make a healthy green bean casserole with egg whites? Did you send the leftover pie home with your guests so it would not be tempting you the next day?

It’s good to Celebrate your Thanksgiving triumphs. You deserve to feel proud of every good choice you made. It helps motivate you to keep up those good choices in the future. Plus, it gives you the chance to think about what you did right, and how proud that simple choice made you feel.

So, share your Thanksgiving triumphs!

Mine was doing things around the house and outside to make up for anything I may have over ate. I was already preparing the days before so that I ate better. More veggies in the house.

On Friday I was back to wraps and tons of veggies in there.

Now I'm working on doing more things in the house, did a little more than a mile in the pool today (no one opened until today) and tomorrow will be swimming, weights, and the last bit of grouting on the bathroom wall before glazing.

:)

My success was that for the first time, the day was less about the food and more about the people I was lucky enough to spend it with. I'm so grateful for this new life <3

I also had a NOT SO MUCH food DAY!!! We did visit with our grandkids and I feel like I was in control. Holidays just don't hold the LETS STUFF OURSELVES again!! Both myself and my hubby have had WLS, we both talked about how the food didn't control us this time. I am more than happy that we both made good choices. Hubby actually didn't even finish his whole plate. I made it up for him so I did try to keep the food at a minium.

Since my surgery was two weeks ago, this was my first Thanksgiving where I couldn't eat what everyone else was. I brought my own 4 oz pureed chicken and 2 tablespoons of mashed potatoes. I ate the chicken and only 1 bite of potatoes. I was done.

The turkey looked and smelled delicious and I really wanted a piece but I knew I couldn't, and I was fine with that. I've eaten enough turkey in my life to know what it tastes like and besides, next year I can have some without having to puree it.

I'm just glad I'm able to have more than liquids like week one!

I made breadless dressing using garbanzo Beans, used sugar substitute in the sweet potatoes, and made numerous other healthier substitutions. Everything was great and our guests had no idea beyond seeing I made two types of dressing and they like both.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

I went to my parents for the big meal & ate a little bit of everything I wanted without over doing it. Plus I planned ahead and had my favorite things spread out over a few days so I didn't feel like I was missing out. I was also sick over the holiday so comfort foods & less eating were helpful in making me feel better.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using the BariatricPal App

I cooked like normal, but added "couvillion" to my menu. This is a Cajun fish stew served over rice...it's so good! I got a bowl of it made up of mostly fish (no rice) and ate what I could! I didn't feel the least bit guilty! I did taste a piece of turkey, it was dry so I had to dip it in gravy to avoid choking(I didn't cook it) I also took a tiny bite of homemade cheesecake, but it tasted off, so that was out. We had 20 people at our house and only three of them are aware of my surgery and we got through it all with no one noting my lack of eating.

I even have lost three pounds in the last two days! I made it to "one"derland!!! Wooohooooo!

VSG 10/4/16

SW: 239

CW: 199

GW: 145

Height: 5'5"

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Jesus loves you!!!

Hey everyone.

I went over to my sister's house where she had prepared a Thanksgiving feast.

I watched my Cowboys football victory, and then I watched the whole family eat all the turkey, ham, dressing, mac & cheese, candied yams, hot buttered corn, buttered bread and an insane amount of Desserts. Lol.

However, all I had was a slice of turkey, and a little bit of ham, even though my Pre-Op diet doesn't start till the first of December and my surgery is on Dec 14.

I'm quite proud of the fact that I was able to resist tasting even a little bit of my sister's sweet potato pie, and her ooey gooey pumpkin cake, with whipped cream and ice cream.

Lord knows it was hard to resist!

LOL.

Don't look back, turn the page, and let your next chapter begin!

I am pre-op and currently doing 6 months of medically-supervised weight loss before my gastric bypass. I stuck to my high-protein/low-carb diet at Thanksgiving. I majored on the turkey and veggies and just had a few bites of the carb options. I weighted myself this morning and I was down 5 pounds since 1.5 weeks ago -- first time Ive lost weight over Thanksgiving!

I enjoyed focusing on family rather than food.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I got up, had some herbal tea, grabbed a Protein shake then got on the treadmill for 40 min. Felt great knowing I wouldn't eat enough to undue the benefits of my exercise. Cooked a large meal for my family, focused on eating turkey, then a bite of the side dishes, was totally satisfied. Best reward was stepping on the scale the morning after Thanksgiving and seeing I dropped a pound. Nice!

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

Thanksgiving Day, I had blueberries for Breakfast. They got stuck and I was sick all day and unable to eat Thanksgiving dinner with my family. Instead of being sad about not having the food (like I thought I'd be), I just sipped my Water and enjoyed talking with all my family. Instead of feeling like I was missing out, I just felt really thankful for all the weight I've lost and the good restriction I have.

My surgery was on the 22nd so there was no real temptation for me, but i would have probably killed someone for a bit of gravy or cranberry sauce.

I'm only 1.5 weeks post-op, so still Clear Liquids. I put a splash of gravy in my chicken broth, ate some sugar-free Jell-O, and had not one bite of real food.< /p>