Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else notice at the beginning of you're lap band journey being in a really bad mood? Just feeling blah and depressed. Idk why but I've been feeling this way for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

do you think maybe it's fear?

Maybe you are affraid of the unknown?

Yes the eating pattern is different especially just after surgery, liquids in small measured amounts because well you have just had surgery.

When your band is working properly, you will be able to eat small healthy meals and the weight will come off(trust me I will).

but when your band is giving you grief. you will know it, pain when eating, frequent stuck episodes or even weigh regain.

If you are a woman, be careful you can get to tight during your period that can lead to problems. (to tight, shoulder pain, frequent puking ect.

The signs of complications are not widely talked about.

Loss of restriction, shoulder pain ect. difficulty with our bowels or even band failure. Do your homework before making the final decision on to Lapband or not. It does not work for everyone some times the Doctors don 't know what they are doing, and sometimes the body just will not play along. If I where you I'd research all of your other options, RNY has been around the longest and the sleve is still "new" in comparison.

Me honestly I should have done RNY, but I was scared shitless about a major insision going down my abdomen. But now I don't care most of the weight has come back and I just wan this thing out. Then when I heal i'll see about the big cut.

I haven't had any issues at all, but I'm only 4 weeks post op. I don't think I have any Fluid in my band yet. I haven't lost any weight in the last 2 weeks either. My first fill is Monday. I hope hope I get some restriction. I feel like I'm only gonna lose weight if I do low carb or something until I get to the green zone. I know lately I've been in a terrible mood. Probably from not losing any weight.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went through a depression stage but it was in the first 2 weeks. The first week was more of "What the hell have I done?". My depression has gotten much better since moving to pureed. I also have no restriction and have felt like the weight is not going anywhere. I keep loosing and gaining 3 lbs. It is discouraging but I honestly feel like I can eat anything, almost as much as before surgery. Let me know how your fill goes...I believe you are getting it today.

@@weneebug I just got out of my appointment I have a 10cc band, at surgery they put in 1.5cc and now I'm at 4cc total and back on liquids for 2 days and soft food for one day after that. I have along lost 22lbs total since pre op diet until now

LapBand ~ November 1, 2016

@ Maybe you will have some restriction now. I don't believe my doctor put any in my band so you can imagine how I want to eat...lol I can't wait for my appointment but I still have 2 weeks. Your doctor sounds more aggressive.