Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello out there

I was banded in October. I would appreciate interacting with others banded last month to share experiences, tips and encouragement.

Had lapband surgery 10/12/16

I was banded in October also....October 31st. How have you been doing since surgery? Have you had your first fill yet?

I've had one fill of 3 cc. I don't feel any significant restriction yet. My band can hold up to 10 cc. The bariatric nurse and doctor both have told me it can take 3 to 5 fills to reach the green spot where I'm losing weight. My second fill will be on December 27.

How are you feeling?

Hi not going to any meetings and never online with forums but need to share .. I only had a fill of 2 ml? Not full at all and starting to crave and get hungry getting scared .. I've lost 9 kg but eating to much now and scared I won't lose anymore it's been 7 weeks I weigh 79 kg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Treadmillwalker ... I am have been doing great physically. I just worry because I eat way more than I am suppose to because I have no restriction. Not eating as much as before surgery but eating more than what my doctor recommends. I haven't lost any weight over the last couple of weeks. I keep yo-yoing with 3 lbs.

Hi not going to any meetings and never online with forums but need to share .. I only had a fill of 2 ml? Not full at all and starting to crave and get hungry getting scared .. I've lost 9 kg but eating to much now and scared I won't lose anymore it's been 7 weeks I weigh 79 kg

Okay, take my hand. You can do this. We can do this. It is a new day and new month. Remember your reasons for having surgery. I say to myself when I'm tempted to eat too much "nothing tastes as good as thin feels." Drink a glass of Water or cup of tea and really focus on resisting the craving for more food or unhealthy food. BE STRONG. YOU GOT THIS.

@@Treadmillwalker ... I am have been doing great physically. I just worry because I eat way more than I am suppose to because I have no restriction. Not eating as much as before surgery but eating more than what my doctor recommends. I haven't lost any weight over the last couple of weeks. I keep yo-yoing with 3 lbs.

Read the above and take my other hand and hold on tight. The three of us can do this. When that food craving hits change the channel. Think of something else. Pre-plan what you will eat. When possible pre measure your food and have it ready to go. I have pouches of tuna in the cabinet. Pre measured portions of cottage cheese and yogurt in the refrigerator. I keep the family's Snacks out of my site. Portion Control is big for me. I can easily overeat if I don't weigh and measure. YOU GOT THIS!

Wow thanks for that support going having another fill in 2 days just need that full feeling but I've realised icecream does go down to easily so I've swapped to a low cal single serve instead of the big tubs I used to eat small steps xx

Hello October 2016 Bandsters. I'm 4.5 months post op approximately and down 50 pounds. I still struggle with portion distortion. I plate too much food and then realize I can't and should not eat it all. I'm trying to train myself to dish up smaller portions and remind myself that I can go back for more if I'm still hungry after 20 minutes. For me this means dishing up one cup of chili and eating it before going back for a second cup. Sometimes I eat too fast and feel pain in my band. I'm working on this issue too in terms of not letting myself get too hungry before I next week. Six small meals a day seems to work better for me (3 meals and 2 snacks) versus trying to only eat three meals a day.

I hope you are all doing well.

Hi Treadmillwalker ...Just checking to see how you are doing now. I am finally getting some restriction from my band. I am now at 6.5 in a 14CC band. Hope my weight loss will finally pick up. I have been at a huge stall for months!!! I started working out at the end of December so I do think it has to do with having more muscle. My fat content is going down but my weight is driving me insane. Only down 28 lbs total.

@weenebug so nice to hear from you. I'm feeling a little blue. I went to a sports medicine physician / orthopedic surgeon on Friday. He ran tests and took x-rays and told me I have osteoarthritis in both knees and need total knee replacement. Because of my age (not in my 60s or 70s) and BMI (not 25% to 30%) he won't do the replacements. He wants me to try exercising on a stationary bike as it isn't load bearing, and continue with my healthy eating.

I'm only down 53 pounds since October. Starting Friday I'm going to lower my calories to 1000 a day. We ordered orthopedic friendly bike pedals for our recumbent bike and I will begin using it as soon as the pedals arrive. I also purchased a Fit Board. I'm not sure I can do it, but will see if my knees will let me.

I received cortisone shots in both knees and they should kick in by the weekend and begin to offer some relief. I also started Meloxicam on Monday, and should feel some relief in about two weeks. I feel like a hot mess, but I will get through it.

Hang in there. Consistency is the key. Perhaps try cutting calories every other day to shake things up. Are you exercising?

My band is 10 cc and I have 5.5 cc in it. I do feel some restriction. I don't want it any tighter. I'm working to slow down how fast I eat, chew, chew, chew, cut portions and make healthy choices.

Lap-banded and love it!

53 pounds is awesome! Congrats! Sorry to hear about your knees. I was having trouble with my ankle and found out I also have osteoarthritis in it. I think I may have it in my knee also but have not went through any tests for it. I have been working out about 5 times a week so I should be building muscle. The pounds are just not going anywhere. I think with the restriction I have now I should start seeing some progress.

You are on the right path. Awareness is the first step. What your portion size and calories and that darn scale should start moving. Sorry about your ankle and knees. Gosh, once I got out of my 20s my body totally changed and I'm long overdue on getting it back in shape. Keep in touch and I look forward to reading your progress in the future.

Lap-banded and love it!