Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The incredible Mr Limp-with-it

I've been skipping "leg day" because of my boney ass. I usually ride an exercise bike for my legs. I'm quite happy with my legs so I've been doing a lot of ab and arm exercises instead for the last few weeks. This way too fancy bike has all kinds of settings and after screwing with it I said to heck with it and just started pedaling. Was super easy until it wasn't. It just kept increasing resistance and stupid me, I just kept going. My knees really starting hurting but I was going to push through the pain. I finally stopped when I pulled a muscle on the back of my thigh. Stupid me! I slept like crap (or maybe carp) and limped most of the morning.

SORRY!!! But at least you got your daily dose of exercise in!!! Take it easy on yourself. LOL

When cycling, make sure it is set up with seat height ang fore/aft so your knees are at right bend and position

Else it will kill your knees

Sent from my SM-T310 using the BariatricPal App

Normally I haven't had issues with my knees on the exercise bike. This was just my stubborn butt getting frustrated with the technologically "advanced" piece of equipment that I hate. I'd much rather ride an actual bike but cold and dark doesn't seem like fun.

I feel your pain.

Drink some pickle juice and rub some dirt on it and you'll feel better.

How you titled this post, I was completely expecting to hear how you had a snuggle time failure. lol

@ , I'm totally on board with @@Dub 's plan :)

Props for the title of your post.

And anyone younger than 40 probably won't understand it ;)

Props for the title of your post.

And anyone younger than 40 probably won't understand it ;)

@@Babbs

Gotcha! I'm under 40. Not by much but still under!

I feel your pain.

@@Dub

I respect your wisdom but I have to question you on this one Dub. School me please.

I feel your pain.

@@Dub

I respect your wisdom but I have to question you on this one Dub. School me please.

The dirt rubbing was a joke.

Pickle Juice is serious medicine for sore muscles, though. Not the sugary stuff....but standard no-carb pickle juice. Drink a cup of it down......slam it down as best you can. It was a strange the first couple times I tried it.....but now it's a go-to move if I'm having prolonged soreness.

I don't know why it works.....or if it does for everyone.....I only know that it helps me.

I was skeptical at first due to the nature of the pro-tip about drinking pickle juice. It was bro-science kicked around by some hulk looking dudes in the gym. A lot of the widsoms, bro-science, that they were talking about was generally categorized as foolish.....but this little gem was genius level thinking on their part.

I feel your pain.

@@Dub

The dirt rubbing was a joke.

Pickle Juice is serious medicine for sore muscles, though. Not the sugary stuff....but standard no-carb pickle juice. Drink a cup of it down......slam it down as best you can. It was a strange the first couple times I tried it.....but now it's a go-to move if I'm having prolonged soreness.

I don't know why it works.....or if it does for everyone.....I only know that it helps me.

I was skeptical at first due to the nature of the pro-tip about drinking pickle juice. It was bro-science kicked around by some hulk looking dudes in the gym. A lot of the widsoms, bro-science, that they were talking about was generally categorized as foolish.....but this little gem was genius level thinking on their part.

I'm totally going to try this for my aching legs just in case it works!! What kind of pickle juice?