Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So.. I've had my band for 4 years this month, I lost 120lbs and have kept most of it off. Ive never had a fill.Never had any band complications until now. Suddenly I was having insane pain eating, the food would go down but when it would begin to digest I would be in pain. My surgeon is 8 hour drive away from me, and only covered me for 2 years and my family doctor doesn't have any knowledge surrounding the lap band. So I put myself on a liquid diet and went to the ER, they took a x ray and the doctor said it looks like my band has shifted and to stay on Protein shakes etc, so she referred me to a gastroentrologist but now they're telling me it's a 6 week wait just to get a endoscopy.. 6 weeks just to have it looked at is just absolutely insane to me.. I'm assuming I'll need surgery to have it fixed or removed!? Wondering if anyone else has been in this situation and what their experience was like and what the heck to eat when you have a slipped band?

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using the BariatricPal App

did they put a fill in at time of surg? I really can't speak on anyone else, only me. but, last month i was (still am) going through a really stressful time and for some reason my band just tighten up. So my surg took out all the fill and i "rested" my stomach.... it help. So now we are filling her back up 2cc at a time.

That seems like a very long time. The barium swallow does give them information though and from that they can tell if it slipped or not. Did they unfill you completely? That's what they did to me, and they said to come back in 3 months. The unfill takes most of the pressure off your stomach so it can heal again.

I recently had a revision but I had the band from 2009-2016.

Same here went to a new bariatric surgeon they did the scope with in a week of my appointment and found I had a hernia and slipped band I wish I wouldnt have waited so long to go to the doc waited 2 years, I am having revision surgery band to sleeve;) Good Luck to you!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

did they put a fill in at time of surg? I really can't speak on anyone else, only me. but, last month i was (still am) going through a really stressful time and for some reason my band just tighten up. So my surg took out all the fill and i "rested" my stomach.... it help. So now we are filling her back up 2cc at a time.

I've never had a fill. Always had an empty band.. that was enough for me I found. What did you eat when you had slipped?

That seems like a very long time. The barium swallow does give them information though and from that they can tell if it slipped or not. Did they unfill you completely? That's what they did to me, and they said to come back in 3 months. The unfill takes most of the pressure off your stomach so it can heal again.

I recently had a revision but I had the band from 2009-2016.

I never had it filled, always have been empty. I found that was enough for me. What did you eat during that time?

Same here went to a new bariatric surgeon they did the scope with in a week of my appointment and found I had a hernia and slipped band I wish I wouldnt have waited so long to go to the doc waited 2 years, I am having revision surgery band to sleeve;) Good Luck to you!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

2 years! That is a long time! Thanks for the wishes :)

@@Courtnin I never had a slip, my band was often too tight so it caused esophageal dilation a couple of times. At the time, I was on a balanced diet ~1400 cal/day, 60-80 carbs.

So turned out that my band was actually eroded and created a hole in my stomach. The surgeon who removed it said it was one of the worst he's seen and the band was way too small for my stomach! Had it removed Dec 7th.. finally starting to feel like a human being again! What a nightmare! Anyone ever have this kind of experience?

I don't know anything about bands. What do they tell you the lifespan of the device is when you get one? Strikes me as a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I don't know anything about bands. What do they tell you the lifespan of the device is when you get one? Strikes me as a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

A friend of mine has had the same device for more than 11 years. She went from being an invisible 450 pound woman to a show stopping glamazon and is still maintaining her gorgeous curves.