Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problem after problem.

Everything will eventually be okay. I believe that in my heart.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

God bless you. My heart is breaking for you and I can't imagine how you must feel. I am 7 weeks post op (sleeve) and I'm having complications where I cannot swallow even soft food and I have constant pain/preasure in my chest and abdomen. I am weak, light headed and feel so depressed/anxious. I cannot work, exercise or even clean my house without feeling faint.

I see my surgeon Thursday and hope he has an explanation and resolution. I have not seen anyone on here, or on any other forums with the syptoms I have and I can't tell you how much that scares me. I'm trying to remain positive though.

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have had a terrible, long battle and I hope things get better for you. Take care xx

Sent from my SM-G903W using the BariatricPal App

Edited by AmandaGillis

To the poster above...i had those symptoms. It turned out i had an obstruction. Along with a hiatal hernia. Just had revision surgery on October 19th 2016 and I feel so much better. I had acid reflux could barely swallow could barely drink I feel 200% better now.

Sent from my SM-G928V using the BariatricPal App

God bless you. My heart is breaking for you and I can't imagine how you must feel. I am 7 weeks post op (sleeve) and I'm having complications where I cannot swallow even soft food and I have constant pain/preasure in my chest and abdomen. I am weak, light headed and feel so depressed/anxious. I cannot work, exercise or even clean my house without feeling faint.

I see my surgeon Thursday and hope he has an explanation and resolution. I have not seen anyone on here, or on any other forums with the syptoms I have and I can't tell you how much that scares me. I'm trying to remain positive though.

I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have had a terrible, long battle and I hope things get better for you. Take care xx

Your surgeon will help you. I don't think exercising is a good idea right now. If you can't eat, make sure that you are drinking Water all the time.

I couldn't eat soft food for nearly 13 weeks. I drank bone broth, clear Soups and Water.< /p>

There are people here with symptoms but sometimes these forums aren't a place where people can talk freely about problems so they don't always post.

As long as we put our faith in the Lord and hold his hand I believe he is gonna guide me threw this

To the poster above...i had those symptoms. It turned out i had an obstruction. Along with a hiatal hernia. Just had revision surgery on October 19th 2016 and I feel so much better. I had acid reflux could barely swallow could barely drink I feel 200% better now.

Sent from my LGLS992 using the BariatricPal App

As long as we put our faith in the Lord and hold his hand I believe he is gonna guide me threw this

What is revision surgery?

What is revision surgery? Gastric bypass?

Edited by AmandaGillis

I was to go in and revise my sleeve to bypass...call it change...lol but with all the test the doctor stated that he would only have to move my sleeve or straighten it out as it was twisted , and attach to my liver and my diaphragm.

Okay so this is going to be a long one so my apologies in advance. I just need help and someone who understand somewhat what I'm going threw. I am 2 years 2 months and 4 days post RNY gastric bypass. I started this journey almost 3 years ago. I chose to take more time then you had to going to the dietitian to make sure 1 I couldn't do this with out the surgery and 2nd to make sure I was 100% ready and prepared for the long road ahead of me. My heaviest I was over 300lbs I stopped weighing myself when I got to 300 ???? at surgery I weighed 269 lbs and I am just over 5'5.5 in height. I had my surgery in Seattle Wa. At a hospital known for weight lost surgery and with a Dr. That has been doing this for years. The surgery for what we knew went well till the next day as they where telling me to get ready to go home just 24 hours post surgery I just had to pee first. I was so excited to be able to go home and be in my own bed but as I went to the bathroom (without help) to try and pee I started to feel as if something was wrong. I pulled the card I could tell I was gonna pass out. The following thing I know my husband walks in and finds me passed out and blood everywhere. Said it looked like a murder scene. From the time I went into the bathroom from the time my hubs got there 30 mins had passed and still no Nurse had responded to the pulled cord not pushed button but pulled cord. Finally my husband starts yelling for help and they come running. As it turns out I had a internal GI bleed that was being digested and going threw my tract and flowing out my rectum. I bleed out into my gut. I was transfered to the ICU for a week while I healed and got better. So you would think that was the worst of it right.... But nope I had issues with being able to even swallow liquids. They the nurses and Dr. Kept telling me it will pass it will pass finally after about 4 months they started doing tests and they found out I had a huge ulcer. So they say that's the issue take these meds. My question was why did I have a ulcer I don't ever or have ever taken any aspirin or ibuprofen. No answer. So I take the meds and still pain nausea and unable to eat. So I finally go see my PCP and he takes 1 look at my labs and say its your gallbladder if they are not willing to take it out I will send you someplace else. So I tell my bariatric surgeon this and they act immediately and run the test well turns out my Gallbladder was only working a 2% to be able to take it out you have to be under 32% so I have the surgery in April of 2015 to remove my Gallbladder. After I heal from this I still have severe abdominal pain nausea and do not tolerate anything! I was hospitalized a few times for malnutrition and other issues with my nutrition and blood levels and the bariatric Dr I had the nurse finally told me you just need to eat more... I have been telling them I CAN NOT EAT!!! I also at this point have been going into the infusion clinic to get IV liquids and nutrition. But there answer to the issue was to eat more. Finally after my PCP seeing the issues I've had loosing my hair and not able to even walk I was dying slowly dying refers me to another Bariatric Dr. At this point in have gone 1 year and 4 months and no joke 15 mins into my appointment with the new Dr. He does a simple test and finds out I 1 have a stricture and 2nd I have a candy cane deformity so he immediately schedules me for my 1st revision on my bypass to dilate the stricture and remove the candy cane. So things where going better after I heal from that surgery but still have some pain and lots of nausea so I go another 7 months with having issues and finally go back to my new bariatric Dr. He finds a kink lower down in the first new curve of my small bowel. So 1 year and 11 months after my original bypass surgery and 7 after my 1st revision surgery I'm back in to have another revision and the hope is that this will be the end. After this surgery I will be out of pain and can finally eat. Well I healed fairly fast with this last surgery and I can eat drink per and poo all on my own and I couldn't be happier there I am finally able to start living life 2 years later but I seem to not to be able to stop loosing weight. I have lost all my fat at this point and they say I am now loosing muscle. I weigh as of today 118lbs and they say 20 lbs of that is extra skin. I eat what I'm suppose to even more to try and gain weight but nothing I will stay at the same weight for about a month then loose anywhere from 2-5 lbs I am at a loss I don't know what to do anymore and my husband is also he says its so hard to watch the love of your life slowly die and there is nothing you can do about it but just watch them waist away. This broke my heart. This is affecting everyone around me not just me. We also have 3 kids my daughter who is only 17 years old has kinda had to take over the house and my twin 15 year old boys are just hanging in there asking when will I get better. When will they get there mom back. I just do t know what to do anymore. I knew there was a possibility of complications but my original surgeon said it was less then 1% of people have any at all. Well it seems as if I have gotten to short stick and have gotten every one except death but honestly how much longer till then if I can't stop loosing weight now even tho I eat and eat and eat. Please help has anyone been threw anything like this or has advice on how to help would be appreciated. Thanks so much for listening well reading my long post but mostly my long road of heartache

It's been 3 months since my gastric bypass surgery. I have what they think it's gastritis. If it doesn't heal with reflux meds they'll do an endoscopy to check for an ulcer. I've had a few episodes of dumping in which the longest lasted a few hrs. That, at this point, it's the worst of my symptoms. I'm also your height, my highest weight was 325. I weighed 285 at surgery. I'm now 238 lbs. My heart truly goes out to you, as I can identify with a few minor symptoms. I am definitely in prayer for you that this turns around!!!! With God all things are possible. Continue closely with your new doctor, get those Protein shakes in. It will take a while for your body to recognize that it's healing. Stay strong!!!!

Dawnie_doo

Thank you and please keep me updated on yourself!

They have already done 2 revision surgery's fixed a obstruction as well. I feel better but I still can't stop loosing. My body won't retain any nutrition.

Your surgeon will help you. I don't think exercising is a good idea right now. If you can't eat, make sure that you are drinking Water all the time.

I couldn't eat soft food for nearly 13 weeks. I drank bone broth, clear Soups and Water.< /p>

There are people here with symptoms but sometimes these forums aren't a place where people can talk freely about problems so they don't always post.

Thanks for the support

What is revision surgery?

What is revision surgery? Gastric bypass?

It is where they have to revise something with your bypass. Basically go in and fix something that is wrong with your bypass.

I was to go in and revise my sleeve to bypass...call it change...lol but with all the test the doctor stated that he would only have to move my sleeve or straighten it out as it was twisted , and attach to my liver and my diaphragm.

O my goodness I had no idea a sleeve can twist

Yes it can...they thought it was reflux...and i did have some but it was a twisted sleeve...because of a hiatal hernia...i was in surgery for 4 hours trying to get it straight. I do feel better food now goes down and drinks..no burning ...but still cant eat though it still hurts..so i guess swelling is still inside.