Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So glad to hear everything went well girl. Take it easy for sure. Sounds like you are doing really well with the fluids.

~Amy

So glad to hear everything went well girl. Take it easy for sure. Sounds like you are doing really well with the fluids.

~Amy

Thanks Amy! Things are going well. I see my Dr. on Friday and will have drain removed. I'm hoping to have more energy and looking forward to adding foods I can "chew" soon!
How was your consult for your revision surgery?
Take care,
Kim

Best of luck! I am getting my surgery tomorrow and I too am new. I joined a support group near my home, but that only meets once a month. I am thankful for this community.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

How are you doing post-op Desertcanary? Are you able to get in your fluids and Protein? Hoping all is well.
Take care,
Kim

I just turned 55 and was sleeved on 12/15/16.
HW 324
SW 300
CW 285
5'8"
No complications Get to start soft food Thursday. Live in Dallas had surgery here. I have hypothyroidism so I am happy so far with the weight loss. Praying it keeps coming off. Don't feel hungry anymore. I have hit Protein and Water goals daily. No change in taste and am back at work after 1 week. Glad to find the 50's group. As my other forums everyone is so young!!

Sent from my iPhone using the Ba

Thanks Amy! Things are going well. I see my Dr. on Friday and will have drain removed. I'm hoping to have more energy and looking forward to adding foods I can "chew" soon!
How was your consult for your revision surgery?
Take care,
Kim

Hey Kim! Girl I'm sure you are wanting something to chew lol! Are you allow to at least chew gum? The consult went good I'm looking at the surgery being in March or April depending on the results of my sleep study. Hoping that I don't have sleep apnea for many reasons but apparently I'll have to be on a cpap for two weeks before the surgery if I do. Having the sleep study on the 22nd.

Maybe your doc will let you have scrambled egg?

I sipped and sipped Water yesterday just trying to get down as much as possible. I got up to 40 ounces of just water. I have a slight headache this morning but the kidney pain is gone. I think I am on the right track now. I hope you are well.

Thank goodness! I was scared for you thinking that would definitely be painful. I'm doing good gal just in the waiting game.

Hi ya'll, congratulation to everyone on your accomplishments. I had my WLS on Dec 7, 2016. I am 10 weeks post op. I also had to have a Hiatal hernia taken out during surgery. I had a little trouble in recovery when the nurse was trying to put the oxygen mask on my face, i couldn't breath, and I'm claustrophobic really bad. But things have been good since. I do 2 Premier Protein drinks per day, an my bariatric dr told me not to be in a hurry to eat regular food for at least 2-3 mos or more. For dinner i eat either cottage cheese, eggs (either scrambled or a cheese omelette), stage 3 baby food, or Soup. I found these Protein Bars at Sam's Club called Wella bars. They have all natural ingredients. Also made with coconut oil in them. Three flavors, almond, peanut with cranberries, and just Peanut Butter. They have 12-13 grams of Protein. Sugar content shows high but it comes from the natural ingredients. I was worried about the sugar because I'm diabetic, but it doesn't raise my blood sugar. I did try a piece of alaskan cod one night and didn't have any trouble.
I have been over weight my whole life too. So glad I did this surgery. My biggest fear is when I start eating regular foods again, will my body stop losing? Before surgery I didn't eat much more than what I eat now, I guess it was what kind of food I was eating, plus my nutritionist told me them I wasn't eating enough calories. Hopefully this won't happen. That's why I'm not in a hurry to eat regular food. If I get a sweet craving I eat sugar free popsicles, which also helps with getting enough Water content. First 2 weeks after surgery I had trouble getting enough water. I used to drink 64 oz every day, now I'm lucky to drink 20 oz.
My hair was falling out before wls because of my thyroid problem, but since I consume at least 60-70 grams of protein per day it's been falling out less. Hair needs protein.
I am 57 yrs old with a few health issues. This had been an interesting journey so far. I had mixed feelings a few days before my wls. I was scared and excited at the same time. All I could think of is, I can't wait to be thin! This is my journey. Good luck as each of you take your journey.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi, glad I found this group!! Did my surgery in January, 2017 so far I've lost 49 lbs. The skin is sagging but my health is fantastic!! Was reading about "foamies" as I've been having them terribly! Guess I still don't know how and what to eat...lol!! But this is a very good forum and I'm open to advises and sharing!!