Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calcium Chews Calories

I just factor them into my daily calorie range. Like an above poster said, it's a daily t treat I allow myself. Although I usually just take one. For the rest of my doses, I mix Upcal D into my morning yogurt (9 calories) and drop or crush a couple of tablets into my Protein shake (0 calories)

Thank you so much for telling me about Upcal D, just ordered some. I found the paks and each one could be split into two servings (2500 mg Calcium citrate- the rest would come from my multi). I like that there is no soy in it like so many other products. I did buy a bottle of cc but for later use, I want to prepared for right after surgery. I too will add to yogurt and cottage cheese. Thank you!

I just factor them into my daily calorie range. Like an above poster said, it's a daily t treat I allow myself. Although I usually just take one. For the rest of my doses, I mix Upcal D into my morning yogurt (9 calories) and drop or crush a couple of tablets into my Protein shake (0 calories)

Thank you so much for telling me about Upcal D, just ordered some. I found the paks and each one could be split into two servings (2500 mg Calcium citrate- the rest would come from my multi). I like that there is no soy in it like so many other products. I did buy a bottle of cc but for later use, I want to prepared for right after surgery. I too will add to yogurt and cottage cheese. Thank you!

the calcium number that's important is the *elemental* calcium - not total calcium - as elemental is the amount you actually absorb. Upcal D has 500 mg of elemental calcium per packet. Although that's OK, because your body can't absorb more than 500-600 mg of elemental calcium at a time - so you're supposed to spread out your calcium dosages over the day (so you take calcium 2 or 3 times a day - depending on your surgeon's instructions) (this is true of any calcium supplement - not just Upcal D)

you can supposedly mix Upcal D with any food or beverage, but just so you know, it suspends in liquid rather than dissolves, so if you put it in a beverage, you have to give it a good shake before taking a sip. Although if it's a really thick beverage, you may not have to do that.

I mix mine in with my morning yogurt. It's slightly sweet, so it works better in sweet things than savory things. I can't tell it's in my yogurt at all.

I just factor them into my daily calorie range. Like an above poster said, it's a daily t treat I allow myself. Although I usually just take one. For the rest of my doses, I mix Upcal D into my morning yogurt (9 calories) and drop or crush a couple of tablets into my Protein Shake (0 calories)

the calcium number that's important is the *elemental* calcium - not total calcium - as elemental is the amount you actually absorb. Upcal D has 500 mg of elemental calcium per packet. Although that's OK, because your body can't absorb more than 500-600 mg of elemental calcium at a time - so you're supposed to spread out your calcium dosages over the day (so you take calcium 2 or 3 times a day - depending on your surgeon's instructions) (this is true of any calcium supplement - not just Upcal D)

you can supposedly mix Upcal D with any food or beverage, but just so you know, it suspends in liquid rather than dissolves, so if you put it in a beverage, you have to give it a good shake before taking a sip. Although if it's a really thick beverage, you may not have to do that.

I mix mine in with my morning yogurt. It's slightly sweet, so it works better in sweet things than savory things. I can't tell it's in my yogurt at all.

Thanks, I will add to yogurt. I make yogurt, so not a problem with adding it to that. I am glad you posted about it. I know that I want good absorption, which is why I have looked into liquid vitamins. Currently using Mary Ruth's organic, but some things are low for bariatric (albeit, good quality and liquid which is better absorbed than pills). If you have other recommendations of products, please feel free to tell me about.