Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a mentor.

My surgery isn't until Dec 1st 2016 and I'm looking for a buddy/ mentor who's been through this and has an interest in helping a newbie. My name is Sunny and I live in Tucson but I'm not going to let miles keep me from making a new friend.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

Hello sunnydeeliteful,

How are you? I had my surgery on November 8th I can help you as much as I can since I still new at this too but is also helpful to have someone to talk to about how are you feeling and other things that a regular person won't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you Days, it's so nice of you to reach out. What did you take to the hospital? I'm hearing mainly your phone and charger, clean undies and something loose to wear home. It seems the hospital supplies toiletries and bariatric gowns and slipper socks.

Hi there! I'm pretty new too, but I love to talk :D

I had my surgery on 5/16/16, and have lost 90lbs since then. Still learning about foods, what to eat, and how many calories I need to keep my weight loss going through the stalls.

I only brought my phone and charger, IPad (because I'm old and blind LOL), and I wore the same clothes that I wore into the hospital (baggy leggings and a big comfy shirt)... clean undies for the drive home, and CHAPSTICK. Don't forget the chapstick, because you will probably want it :) And don't leave it on the hospital food tray, because then you will lose it and make your spouse go get your more :P

I live in Oklahoma City, OK. Not too close, but I'ven been to Arizona, does that count?

Unfortunately, I found this forum after my surgery, I would have loved to have somebody to guide me and support me through out the process. To the hospital I took a cotton sleep gown with a zipper on the front that was what they recommended because is easy for the doctor or nurses to look at your incisions. I brought two undies but to be honest I did not use it while in the hospital just the day I was going home. I was in such a pain that it was just easy when I get up to go to the restroom not to worry about underwear. I don't know how how long you are going to stay in the hospital I only suppose to stay one night I ended up staying two nights because my blood pressure was very low. But the hospital had everything I needed except for like deodorant. I had a tv in the room, but if I was you at least a tablet. I didn't keep my phone because the last thing I wanted was to talked and the few times I did don't remember half of the conversations

I had my surgery on 5/16/16, and have lost 90lbs since then. Still learning about foods, what to eat, and how many calories I need to keep my weight loss going through the stalls.

I only brought my phone and charger, IPad (because I'm old and blind LOL), and I wore the same clothes that I wore into the hospital (baggy leggings and a big comfy shirt)... clean undies for the drive home, and CHAPSTICK. Don't forget the chapstick, because you will probably want it :) And don't leave it on the hospital food tray, because then you will lose it and make your spouse go get your more I live in Oklahoma City, OK. Not too close, but I'ven been to Arizona, does that count?

That definitely counts lol

Congrats on your weight loss! 90 is about what I want to lose but I'd gladly take a hundred.

Hi Sunny! I'm so excited for you to have your surgery! I live in Portland, OR now but I am from Tucson originally (moved 3 years ago)

I had my surgery on 10/26 so I'm still new too but if you ever want to talk let me know it's been a hard road and some days are better than others but your frame of mind had a ton to do with your healing post-op.

Hi sunny I'm pretty new too 11/16 but I can help as learn!! Today was my follow up and I was 12lbs down so excited and unexpected. I took a change of clothes chapstick(though the hospital gave me I didn't use didn't feel I needn't it) phone and charger. If you can walk asap so in between pain meds walk it really does help and I'm 6 days out and am completely back to normal I was begging to go back to the gym dr said if I keep up my Water intake he'll release me at the 2 week markYAYYY!!!

Hi, Sunny. I am having surgery Dec 1 as well! 7 days into the liver shrinking diet. How are you holding up?

I didn't have to do a pre op diet due to complications, so I devised my own and am down 6 lbs in two weeks so I'm happy. I'm nervous as it gets closer. How are you doing.

Hello sunnydeeliteful,

How are you? I had my surgery on November 8th I can help you as much as I can since I still new at this too but is also helpful to have someone to talk to about how are you feeling and other things that a regular person won't understand.

Thanks I appreciate your offer, like you said good to have people who understand.

I only brought my phone and charger, IPad (because I'm old and blind LOL), and I wore the same clothes that I wore into the hospital (baggy leggings and a big comfy shirt)... clean undies for the drive home, and CHAPSTICK. Don't forget the chapstick, because you will probably want it :) And don't leave it on the hospital food tray, because then you will lose it and make your spouse go get your more I live in Oklahoma City, OK. Not too close, but I'ven been to Arizona, does that count?

Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm learning to deal with head hunger.

Lol! Sorry Sunny I haven't been in the site. I leave in Fayetteville, NC. Chapel Hill is a little more than an hour drive. But I am moving to Florida this coming January, I am excited and worry at the same time, finding new doctors, job, etc...