Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 months post-op and 12lbs to goal!

wow...u look amazing....

you should feel awesome!!

I had surgery on 10/26.....I'm down about 20 lbs....still not fast enough, but I know it wasn't all put on in one month either. it will take time

again, congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

It seems slow now, but it all adds up. That's 20lbs lost that you will never carry again and you should Celebrate that! Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I can't wait for my journey that starts on Dec 7.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using the BariatricPal App

Good luck to you, it's an exciting time!

Congrats you look great!! May I ask how tall are you? Btw Our starting weight is exactly the same! I'm currently waiting insurance approval now. So inspirational thanks for sharing :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you and congrats on your journey! I'm 5'2

I can't decide between sleeve or bypass. Would love to hear your reasons behind your choice. I know everyone's different. Just curious... I think I passed would be better for me because I am a big time sweet eater unfortunately. But I'm terrified about the malabsorption and some other stuff associated with that period at the same time this looks appealing but if Cookies are going to go right down and might not set me up for success. Thank you for posting your before and after pics definitely helps us to see what can be done.

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I can't decide between sleeve or bypass. Would love to hear your reasons behind your choice. I know everyone's different. Just curious... I think I passed would be better for me because I am a big time sweet eater unfortunately. But I'm terrified about the malabsorption and some other stuff associated with that period at the same time this looks appealing but if Cookies are going to go right down and might not set me up for success. Thank you for posting your before and after pics definitely helps us to see what can be done.

I was a sweets eater also, that was a big part of my decision. I then found out I had GERD (silent, didn't feel it) which caused Barrett's esophagus, that was what did it for me. Sleeve would have been a dangerous option for me.

I like the fear of dumping syndrome, it keeps me in check. I'm also impatient and wanted to lose the weight fast. So far the malabsortion isn't an issue, bloodwork is fine, but ultimately the test of time will tell in this case.

It's a very personal decision, both are good options, both have their pros and cons so I encourage you to write them down and talk with your dr.

Another question for ya ???? since you're eight months out and I'll be starting my journey next month can you tell us what year food and tick looks like on a daily basis would love to hear what things you can eat 8 months out.... do you still do Protein shakes are you get it all through food? Thank you

AMAZING!!!!!!!! Truly inspiring! Are you exercising? What's your regimen? You are killing it!

These last few lbs are so hard but I'm going to do it!!!! Posting a photo because I spent months looking at before/afters before surgery and I know how much it can inspire others!

attachicon.gif img1478782409299.jpg

What a boost for everyone. What an amazing success story. And, so quickly accomplished. God bless you! I needed this right now, thank you!

Those 12 are just hanging on to be ornery.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using the BariatricPal App

Another question for ya ???? since you're eight months out and I'll be starting my journey next month can you tell us what year food and tick looks like on a daily basis would love to hear what things you can eat 8 months out.... do you still do Protein shakes are you get it all through food? Thank you

At 8 months i feel like im in a very "normal" place. Meaning my food choices dont look too different from average folks, its just that my portions are smaller. I know that is a concern for a lot of new folks , that you will always look different or stand out when it comes to food. At first your choices are so limited and your portions are so small that that people may notice. At this point however people don't even realize that you're not eating bread are sugar free drinks. When I go out I order off the regular menu and the portions are so huge that other people don't really track how much you're eating.

I still have trouble getting in all of my Protein, not because I can't, but because I get sick of protein foods in general. I do still use shakes a few times per week.

My food tolerance is pretty strong, meaning not much bothers me, except sugar. I do dump if I eat too much. Yesterday I ate honey nut cheerios dry (not a wise choice I admit) which ended up making me feel like I was going to die!

I have learned to stop before getting too full, that was hard at first but now I know when I'm satisfied. When I go out to eat, most people don't even realize I'm eating less.

A normal day looks like this:

Breakfast-greek yogurt or Protein shake and coffee

Lunch- homemade chicken Soup or salad with chicken

Snack- whole piece of fruit

Dinner- 1.5 meatballs, 2 tbsp Pasta, 1/4 cup green Beans