Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TT & BL on November 21!

Is your insurance paying for these

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

No. My insurance didn't even pay for my medically necessary IUD. I've gotten used to ignoring them and paying out of pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Wow congratulations, my insurance will pay for a breast reduction if medically necessary. So I don't know if that's like a life or not I haven't researched it yet. I'm a fighter lol and will fight my insurance double time to get them reduced after surgery

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using the BariatricPal App

Surgery is done. It isn't a cakewalk but it isn't too bad. It mostly feels like I've been punched in the gut and every four hours I wake up from the pain of my incisions burning. Then I take more pills and fall asleep.

My boobs were so perky when I woke up I had to drink Gatorade from the side with a straw! Yay! I won't be able to see anything until tomorrow at my post op appointment.

Finished my post op visit and got to see my body under all the gauze and binders. My boobies are SO cute!!!! They're very high and perky. They told me they are swollen and will begin to drop in a few months to give a more natural look. But right now I'm enjoying looking like a Barbie doll. I still have nipple sensation so that is great. I have such a flat tummy but lots of swelling in my lady parts. She said that is very normal and will all go down in a few weeks to months. Next appointment is on Monday when I'll get my drains out. ????

COOL!!! Thank you for the update. Glad to hear you have BARBIE BOOBS!!! And a flat tummy to!! Keep us in the know.

Take it easy now is the most important part of your recovery. Use ice packs if the incision burns for to Long it will give you relief. If you don't feel like eating at least make sure you get the Protein drinks down the Protein is so important for recovery. I also found fresh pineapple seemed to help with swelling. Good Luck keep us posted on your progress

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Take it easy now is the most important part of your recovery. Use ice packs if the incision burns for to Long it will give you relief. If you don't feel like eating at least make sure you get the Protein drinks down the Protein is so important for recovery. I also found fresh pineapple seemed to help with swelling. Good Luck keep us posted on your progress

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for the pineapple tip, I haven't heard that! I've been drinking two Premier Protein and eating a Greek yogurt or cottage cheese to keep protein up. Sipping on Water as much as I can also. I think being so dependent on someone is the hardest part. But I'm being good and accepting the help and resting.

Last night I swelled up like a hot air balloon. I was convinced my binder would snap off but it stayed put. Swelling is down again this morning. I'm looking forward to my first post-op shower today. My husband and grandma are going to help me.

Wow. What a journey.

Wondering? Is two weeks off a normal time frame? I'll be starting a new job soon that will have me traveling constantly- airplanes, cars and the like. Wishing I could do this before it, but not looking possible. And if I do the two procedures separately, I'm having a hard time deciding which I'd have first. Doc said I would be up and running again (literally) with a good bra within a few weeks.

I've had two vertical C-sections in the past, and recovered easily from those.

Decisions... But would love your insight!

Wow. What a journey.

Wondering? Is two weeks off a normal time frame? I'll be starting a new job soon that will have me traveling constantly- airplanes, cars and the like. Wishing I could do this before it, but not looking possible. And if I do the two procedures separately, I'm having a hard time deciding which I'd have first. Doc said I would be up and running again (literally) with a good bra within a few weeks.

I've had two vertical C-sections in the past, and recovered easily from those.

Decisions... But would love your insight!

I personally took off 4 weeks but only in case I had any complications. I'm shuffling a little faster and standing a little straighter already today! My surgeon said I could go back after 2 weeks but I've heard 3 is ideal. As far as traveling so soon the only thing I would be concerned with is making sure you can walk around every few hours to avoid blood clots.

lol yeah I much preferred my boobs after they dropped! The Barbie look wasn't for me. And don't freak out if you lose nipple sensation at this point, it can still happen. I had sensation right after surgery but then lost it but it came back a couple months later.

I think it has to do with swelling maybe?

I maybe out of the ordinary but I did arms tt and breasts at the same time and was back to normal about two weeks later. I wasn't allowed to run for six weeks, but felt like I could have after two.

I got my first shower since surgery and feel like a new woman!!

post-233184-14800100643433_thumb.jpg

I've gotten a little more independent. I can now go to the bathroom by myself. The surgeon said if I didn't poop by Thursday I would need a suppository. So my husband bought a suppository today and it scared my intestines so bad I pooped on my own Woo hoo!!

Incisions are looking good but I am experiencing the dreaded "swell hell", especially on my right side. My drains have decreased quite a bit. I'm so ready to get them out on Monday. I didn't sleep well last night because my compression garment was pressing a safety pin into my skin so at 4:00 am I took my garment off to inspect it and found the culprit. I ended up moving the safety pins to my underwear and covering my entire body in sanitary pads then putting the garment back on. Problem solved!

The pineapple has BROMILINE in it and that does help with swelling and pain. I have Fibromyalgia and I had a Dr tell me to make a smoothie with Coconut Milk, banana, and pineapple. It did help, so you might want to try it. Or get a pill form of the BROMILINE. Good Luck

I managed to get some progress pics today. Day 4 post op. Lots of swelling!

post-233184-14801150614263_thumb.jpg post-233184-1480115079857_thumb.jpg post-233184-14801150925641_thumb.jpg

post-233184-1480115125388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex Brecher