Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved in November

Hi all,

This is my first post. I have been browsing this forum for a while, and I am being sleeved on 5th November. I live in Essex. I was feeling overly positive about the sleeve until yesterday when I think the reality kicked in and I began to worry about the surgery itself (what if something happens on the day and it doesn't go ahead, what if something goes wrong with the anaesthetic etc), how I will feel afterwards, how I'm going to do this long term and so on.

I have decided only to let my immediate family and my manager know as I worry about the response from my friends, this might change in the future but for now I feel I just want to try and do this without any potential negative reactions.

At the moment I am pretty ready and have already got in the Vitamins and supplements I'll need, about 2 or 3 months worth. I have what I need for the surgery.

I don't know anyone else locally getting the surgery but hoping to find someone who I might be able to chat with!

I've been watching youtube videos almost non stop finding out other people's experiences, mainly for tips and for ideas for how to make sure this is a permanent "head" change. I am glad this is a non reversible operation and I feel ready for this to be a huge shift in how I live my life :)

Good luck to you all either pre or post surgery :) xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using the BariatricPal App

@@tapgirl

Congratulations on the upcoming surgery .. Not too long now!

I think everyone has a little wobble before and just after the surgery. I was fine until day three, then had a meltdown, thinking what the hell had I done. I reserched it a lot too, just like you but nothing can really prepare you and I don't mean in a bad way, so don't worry. I hope the sugery goes well and your recovery is swift. 15 months on, I still say its the best thing I have done. I just wish I had done it sooner.

Where are you having the surgery?

*Hugs* for the next few days.

Kate :)

Thanks for the reply Kate! Wow 15 months down, that must feel like such an achievement.

I have tried to prepare my family for any wobbles post surgery and I've asked them to remind me why I've made this decision and to tell me it gets better.

I am having the surgery at Spire Wellesley in Southend. I have pre op bloods and ecg tomorrow. They haven't recommended a 2 week liquid diet beforehand but I've converted to the Protein shakes and mainly liquid for the past few days so it gets me into the zone.

Thank you again for replying :) I will post an update post surgery all being well!

Xx

Sent from my SM-G930F using the BariatricPal App

Hi

I used to live in Essex but had my surgery in Poland.

Don't worry about it at all. It will be painless. You'll feel a bit tired a few days after but that's all okay and with the support of your closed ones, believe me you'll be fine and by the end of the month, you'll thank yourself for having made what will be, the best decision in your life! :-)

All the best with your surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@tapgirl

Today is the day !!! Whohoooooooooooo

Please let us know how you are inbetween all the sip sip sipping, walk walk walking and sleeping lol.

Hugs

Kate

Good luck today. I am 8 days post op and feeling good. Chat soon xx

Hope you are feeling ok, it's a great thing you have done and you will feel great just a few weeks down the line

Thanks for the messages and wishes! I did it, must admit I almost immediately regretted it, came out of surgery in a lot of pain (mainly gas) and from the incisions although they're just sore now.

I also worried because the next day I felt hungry and I was allowed to have runny Soup but after half a teaspoon I felt immediately full. I wasn't expecting to feel hungry but I suppose I hadn't really had much the day before the op and on the day so I was also feeling light headed.

So far it's a really strange experience. I am home now and trying to rest but also keep mobile and sip Water. I'm doing everything to the book so far, and I'm glad that I told my family as they've been great. It's just a sleep, walk, sip kind of time. Exactly like everyone said! :)

Thanks again for the support, I know it really helped remembering your experiences and what to expect. Looking forward to the gas to go so I can move around more easily. That'll be great ;)

Take care xxx

Sounds like you are doing well Hun. I got buscopan for the gas pain day 3 and 4 were the worst for me but much better since. I am day 10 today. Xx

@tapgirl

Welcome to the club :-)

I had mine done on Oct 14th and like almost everybody I had a bit of a mental problem dealing with it at first but am back in the right place now.

Hope all is going well for you.

How is everyone getting on?

Hi I'm sorry I missed the new replies since I logged on - I think I turned off all notifications!

I'm doing better in my second week, the "mental" side of it has eased you're absolutely right, I felt like I was battling a huge hunger demon for the first 3 or 4 days. But I noticed that when I started to be able to get in more Water and Protein shakes, and have a little more Soup, I felt better.

It's only week 2 but I'm trying to learn all I can about this so that I can make sure I do the right things, I don't want to make poor choices.

Thanks for the encouragement- how are you all getting on??

Sk101 you are just a bit in front of me - what's your journey like at the moment?

Lulu - thank you, you're right it absolutely helped big time. I don't have any more pain now

Kate - I've seen some of your other posts, how are you doing with being further along? Is there anything you would have done differently post surgery to where you are now?

Xx

Hi all

Well I finally found a Protein shake I can stomach....... If you know what I mean lol

The journey continues to be one of discovery...... Mainly discovering that my eyes truly ARE bigger than my belly lol

@@tapgirl The soft food is a nice change and I have just over a week to go before I can go onto "normal" food and I must say I'm feeling apprehensive about it for some reason. Will be guided by my body

Edited by sk101