Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone,

Is been awhile since I have been on here, I could use some advice from you amazing people.

Had the sleeve March 28th and I am down 98lbs as if today and I feel great.

Here is the problem see is hard for me to keep up with my Protein intake I am supposed to have 80-100 gems a day, am lucky if I manage 40-60. I know is not good but it is hard for me, when it comes to eating Protein I get full quick like two bits of chicken and I am full. So I try to drink most of it but I hate the taste of all protein and believe me I have tried 10 or more different ones.

I just don't know how to get all my protein in, and I am sooo busy that I forgot to eat most days. I really need some advice I am losing the weight but I want to be healthy above all, I mean that's why I did all of this. Life is just crazy right now 4 kids & starting a business has not been easy, but I also don't want to pass out one of these days. I try to schedule to eat but never works out I take Protein Bars with me but forgot to eat.

Help me please!!

Thank you all

Xoxo

40 - 60 grams of Protein is actually well within the RDA for protein intake. It won't make you malnourished or weak to eat protein at that level. That said, it isn't optimal for weight loss post-op, so I am not trying to hand-pat you and tell you to keep doing what you are doing!

Get yourself a good reminder app for your phone. Set it to remind yourself to eat your meals, Snacks, protein supplements on schedule. And make yourself a priority. Stop making excuses (I know that sounds harsh but I promise you I mean it in a caring way -- I am confident in you, you can do this) like you have children or work or "it never works out." You can make it work out if you commit to it. Good luck!

Find reminders that work for you....set alarms on your phone, or your fit bit, put post it notes on your mirror or your fridge. I keep Protein Snacks with me always and usually have a lunch bag full of stuff no matter if I'm at work or running errands in the car. I use sundays to prep meals so I have grab and go stuff (Boiled peeled eggs, baked chicken breast, cheese sticks)

Maybe you can Find something you like and look forward to: nuts. String cheese. Hard boiled jerkey.. cottage cheese? Yogurt , kefir,?

just try to have your body fueled. You need to be healthy for your kids too. Best of luck

Edited by Julie norton

Hello everyone...I need help. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and for the first couple of weeks I did fine. Last week I got really sick with a stomach virus and since then everything has changed. I always have this horrible taste in my mouth, I can barely eat, I try to drink as much as I can...popsicles seem best sugar free of course, and everything tastes different. I was eating yogurt, pudding, chicken, eggs, and now I can't tolerate any of that stuff. It all tastes funny. I have talked to my surgeon, and he said it will get better, but I'm so depressed. I'm beginning to regret my decision. Has anyone come across this and can anyone give me some other choices to eat. Tomato Soup with melted cheese was one of my favorites, and now I hate it. I'm 24lbs down since October 5th, but it doesn't even matter because I'm so depressed. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Hello everyone...I need help. I'm almost 4 weeks post op and for the first couple of weeks I did fine. Last week I got really sick with a stomach virus and since then everything has changed. I always have this horrible taste in my mouth, I can barely eat, I try to drink as much as I can...popsicles seem best sugar free of course, and everything tastes different. I was eating yogurt, pudding, chicken, eggs, and now I can't tolerate any of that stuff. It all tastes funny. I have talked to my surgeon, and he said it will get better, but I'm so depressed. I'm beginning to regret my decision. Has anyone come across this and can anyone give me some other choices to eat. Tomato Soup with melted cheese was one of my favorites, and now I hate it. I'm 24lbs down since October 5th, but it doesn't even matter because I'm so depressed. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks

Are you on a PPI or anti-nausea med? Have you tried broth or hot tea? Add unflavored Protein to broth. Dehydration will make you nauseous. Try to get in fluids now and hold off on food. Your hormones are playing a role in how you feel emotionally. Hang in there.

Are you on a PPI or anti-nausea med? Have you tried broth or hot tea? Add unflavored Protein to broth. Dehydration will make you nauseous. Try to get in fluids now and hold off on food. Your hormones are playing a role in how you feel emotionally. Hang in there.
Thank you for your feedback and support. I will try all of those things you suggested. I am desperate, and hopeful.