Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just need to vent to people that might actually understand what I'm going through. I have a surgery date finally after putting my foot down to people who were against it. It just seems like every time I get one step ahead something always happens. I just feel so defeated and feel like it's just not going to happen or it wasn't meant to be. I know this surgery will be a game changer for me. I just wish I didn't have so many negative people impacting my happiness about it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using the BariatricPal App

Okay, here it is. The less people you tell YOUR a business the less negativity you will encounter. You reap what you sow. My husband and I told no one and we have no one who knows our business. How easy is that!? Good luck!!!!

Don't listen to negative people. Do what is right for you! Take this time to prepare yourself mentally and if you feel in your heart that you are ready for the change then just do it! The only thing I regret is not doing sooner. Good luck to you. post-260556-14774530069503_thumb.jpg

Okay, here it is. The less people you tell YOUR a business the less negativity you will encounter. You reap what you sow. My husband and I told no one and we have no one who knows our business. How easy is that!? Good luck!!!!

I'm going across country and need someone to check me out of the hospital. My mom was suppose to do it but now wants to drive over 2 hours after I'm out of the hospital to visit family. I don't think it's possible because I'll be in pain and want to be close to the surgeon but she thinks I'll be fine. My husband also doesn't agree with it. I haven't told many just my very close family and I haven't had the reaction I was hoping for.

Good luck honey!

Make it clear that once you have made your decision, you won't change your mind. So they don't feel like they have a chance to convince you and they give up with their attempts. My mother is like that with anything that I choose to do in life. She will either tell me I am making a bad decision or try to scare me off. I am almost 30. When I stopped changing my mind after her interventions, she gave up with her attempts. Whether you are making a good or bad decision in life, once you have made it, stick to it. Others have to respect that. It's your life and your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Make it clear that once you have made your decision, you won't change your mind. So they don't feel like they have a chance to convince you and they give up with their attempts. My mother is like that with anything that I choose to do in life. She will either tell me I am making a bad decision or try to scare me off. I am almost 30. When I stopped changing my mind after her interventions, she gave up with her attempts. Whether you are making a good or bad decision in life, once you have made it, stick to it. Others have to respect that. It's your life and your decision.

Thank you Lema.

I had a stupendously easy surgery, but there is no way I could have driven two hours the day after surgery and then socialized for hours more. I was sore and exhausted. And my bladder didn't function right after so I had a catheter.

Can you compromise and come a day early to visit? You'll be much better company. If not, take an Uber. Don't even think about compromising your recovery.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I thought I was the only one with a family full of assholes.. Ooops...

I apologize truly, please forgive me, just thinking about how these people keep making me feel:/

Sent from Dee~Dee via BariatricPal

Edited by Dee~Dee

I thought I was the only one with a family full of assholes.. Ooops...

I apologize truly, please forgive me, just thinking about how these people keep making me feel:/

Sent from Dee~Dee via BariatricPal

It's seriously the worst feeling when the people who you would think would support you doesn't. Don't don't apologize at all. I feel the same way!

Girl, I get it. I am battling the "to say something or not" war presently. It's not fun.

I think a huge part of this process is finding our strength. It sounds cheesy, but still. As the fat friend, I have always just hung back, gone with the flow. I have been the welcome mat for so many family and friends. I have put everyone else first in my life. It is finally, FINALLY, time to do something for myself and get my life back. Alone or with an army, if we have come to this decision, and we are at peace with it, that's all that should matter, right?

But no, it is the toughest thing when you crave the support from people who just won't give it. I know that I will have to go to war with my dad over this, and I know that telling him means my whole family will know. I also know that not telling my dad, and risking going into major surgery without him knowing, or risking him finding out down the line, is also a huge thing. The struggle is REAL.

I wish you luck. Drop me a line if you need a listening ear. :)

Girl, I get it. I am battling the "to say something or not" war presently. It's not fun.

I think a huge part of this process is finding our strength. It sounds cheesy, but still. As the fat friend, I have always just hung back, gone with the flow. I have been the welcome mat for so many family and friends. I have put everyone else first in my life. It is finally, FINALLY, time to do something for myself and get my life back. Alone or with an army, if we have come to this decision, and we are at peace with it, that's all that should matter, right?

But no, it is the toughest thing when you crave the support from people who just won't give it. I know that I will have to go to war with my dad over this, and I know that telling him means my whole family will know. I also know that not telling my dad, and risking going into major surgery without him knowing, or risking him finding out down the line, is also a huge thing. The struggle is REAL.

I wish you luck. Drop me a line if you need a listening ear. :)

Thank you so much. Good luck to you as well. I'm here for you too!

Yesterday my mother decided to give me the "taking the EASY way out" speech... AGAIN!!! But I feel better today. I know it's my decision. You would think at the age of 36 it wouldnt even effect me. But sadly it still does.... everytime:(

Just need to vent to people that might actually understand what I'm going through. I have a surgery date finally after putting my foot down to people who were against it. It just seems like every time I get one step ahead something always happens. I just feel so defeated and feel like it's just not going to happen or it wasn't meant to be. I know this surgery will be a game changer for me. I just wish I didn't have so many negative people impacting my happiness about it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using the BariatricPal App[/quot

Stop talking to anyone who is negative

It's your life and your unhappy

Stay w positive people..

Yesterday my mother decided to give me the "taking the EASY way out" speech... AGAIN!!! But I feel better today. I know it's my decision. You would think at the age of 36 it wouldnt even effect me. But sadly it still does.... everytime:(

It's not the easy way out .. believe me doing nothing keeps u stuck

BYPASS 10/17