Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Everyones body adjusts along the way. Most surgeons provide a approved diet that goes up in quantity as time passes.

For me from about 1 - 3 months it was 1/4cup of food which filled me up completely. I remember i could use one yogurt for 3 meals.

Then around 3-7 months it was 1/2 cup and again, that kept me very full for many hours if i was eating the right things.

from 7 months on i was approved to eat about 1 cup of food. Now it really all depends on what your eating. I can eat 1 1/2 cups of salad depending on what Protein i add on top. It might be less if it is dense chicken breast.

It is normal but i would not advance it until you are told it is ok to do so.

I think the most i can eat now is about 1 cup of dense foods and 1 1/2 cups of things like salad.< /p>

Also, you will find slider foods......for me things like pudding and yogurt will fill me up but empty from my pouch very quickly making me hungry again sooner. I find this is true of some broth like Soups. But stews with dense Protein like beef or chicken and veggies wills stay with me for hours.

It is usually my head telling me i am hungry long before my tummy does.

So, good news! Just a couple weeks ago I attended a seminar where questions such as these were answered by one of the bariatric surgeons at my awesome hospital. He says the stretching stomach is a myth. Most likely, your food is going through at a faster rate now, so you're making room in your stomach for more food sooner. He said he's been a bariatric surgeon for decades and he has never once seen, even after doing swallow tests/imaging of his patients' stomachs, evidence that a stomach actually stretches. Just means you need to be more aware of your portions and stop when you're done eating your set amount. You may not always feel full. Plus, the swelling in your stomach is probably way less now, so that will make you feel less full as well. Hope this helps! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!