Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I had the lap band in 2015 and thought I would be completely different within a year. I initially started to lose weight but even at the beginning felt like I shouldn't be able to eat as much as I could. I was constantly hungry and felt like I was starving all the time. I had several adjustments and even got to the max allowement then had to have it drained because I couldn't even drink Water.. It was aweful!

My heaviest weight was 289.7 and I didn't even realize it! I seen a picture of myself and had no idea who that person was. I am 5'8 and have always been told that I'm curvy and look "good" so it never occurred to me that I was actually that big since I carry my weight well. Don't get me wrong, I knew I was a big girl but still felt like I wasn't that bad. My horrible motto and cop out was, "You can fix chubby but you can't fix ugly!" How horrible right?? Smh..

Well, I had pain, brusing on my belly button and could no longer hold down real food. But let me tell you that chips and candy went down super easy. I ate the big Reece's cups everyday! I felt like a complete and total failure and started feeling like everyone who loves me was being nice to me and telling me I was beautiful because they knew my heart.

I am currently 33 and was 17 when my beautiful mother died and 19 when my amazing father died. I raised my 2 brothers and 1 sister when that happened and worked 3 jobs to make sure we had a roof over our heads. I sang in a band for many years and always felt like the fat girl. I even had a miscarriage 5 years ago that devastated me to the core. I was tired, and tired of being tired.

Last week, October 19th I changed my life!! I had the revision to sleeve!! Let me tell you the honest raw uncut truth... I NEVER EXPECTED THIS! My amazing, supportive fiancé got me a scale yesterday as a surprise. I almost felt like maybe my doctor didn't actually do the sleeve since I don't notice any changes. I went into surgery at 281.7 and I weighed myself this morning at 262.4!!!!! I AM IN AWE!!

I go to the doctor today for a follow up and am honestly in pain (mostly super tenderness) and man oh man do I want a cheeseburger.. Lol.. But this has been all worth it! I know that if I stay focused, stay connected, stay honest and give my all.. I will have amazing results! This site has been so inspirational. I have literally been reading stuff all night!! Haha.. I had to tell everyone a part of my story and really stay accountable.

Thank you for reading my extremely long story. I hope that someone out there can relate and feel encouraged. My new motto is, "Live the life that you want to live and live it well!"

Bee

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

That is awesome!! There are some that do phenomenal with the band, and that is great! It just wasn't a good fit for me either. I had a very hard time trying to get to that green zone and had problems with reflux every single night. I was sleeved on July 12, and am loving it. Wish I had done it sooner!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by nicksmommy

Happy for you :). I loved my lap band, and I love my sleeve. lol I guess I'm just thankful I was able to have WLS as an option as I know many can not. The same slider foods for the band are the same slider foods for the sleeve. Just giving you the heads up. ;)

Oh I know them all too well!! You still may have your rough times, but you will get thru them. My recovery was great and so far no problems. I know I am lucky, as others have had some complications. Just follow your Dr's orders and you will get there!

Thanks for sharing! You will do great!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Happy for you :). I loved my lap band, and I love my sleeve. lol I guess I'm just thankful I was able to have WLS as an option as I know many can not. The same slider foods for the band are the same slider foods for the sleeve. Just giving you the heads up. ;)

Thank you so much!! You are so right. We are very fortunate ????

Oh I know them all too well!! You still may have your rough times, but you will get thru them. My recovery was great and so far no problems. I know I am lucky, as others have had some complications. Just follow your Dr's orders and you will get there!

Absolutely!! Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing! You will do great!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you and thanks for reading!!