Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update on OCt sleevers.....

Hey fellow sleevers. How is everyone doing? Wheres all my October sleevers? How r u doing with these changes? Ive finally been able to go to the bathroom at least weekly now, but i do have to take something. Are you guys crushing your pills if you have to take a pill? Somethings are just so time consuming that i forget and swollow them and then have a panick attack for the rest of the day. I dont try to just obsess over my new sleeve so the other day i actually ate a potatoe chip that my granddaughter put in my mouth. It was a plain lays and it went down good and it tasted even better but i felt so bad that i literally called my nutritionist the next morning.....im still on the puree food. What phases are the rest of the oct people since not all drs follow the same phases.? Good luck to us all

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery 10/12 and tomorrow I have my 2 wk visit and start my pureed stage. I have been doing well, very little nausea, Hardly any pain and going to the bathroom everyday. I am oh so looking forward to tasting food. I am having to crush my pills in applesauce. Yuck!!! I have already planned my meals for tomorrow!#! Lol I hope it goes well and I tolerated the texture of the pureed food. I'm thinking of trying refried Beans first and scrambled eggs. I have researched on several sites for ideas for the pureed stage. Pinterest has some really good recipes for sleevers. I am so excited.

Sent from my LGLS996 using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery 10/12 and tomorrow I have my 2 wk visit and start my pureed stage. I have been doing well, very little nausea, Hardly any pain and going to the bathroom everyday. I am oh so looking forward to tasting food. I am having to crush my pills in applesauce. Yuck!!! I have already planned my meals for tomorrow!#! Lol I hope it goes well and I tolerated the texture of the pureed food. I'm thinking of trying refried Beans first and scrambled eggs. I have researched on several sites for ideas for the pureed stage. Pinterest has some really good recipes for sleevers. I am so excited.

Thats 1 place that i havent looked for recipes but i know i dont like refried Beans. I started this stage last week and i havent been able to keep anything down that has been pureed. So i stick to scrambled eggs with cheese, tuna fish, rhings that i dont have to puree. Ive still had this pain underneath my left breast when i breath in deep. I know that fullness pain but its not that. I have it all the time and im nauseated all the time and have to take my zofran. I havent been able to sleep so they switched the zofran to the phenigrin, i know i didnt spell it right but it helps nausea and helps sleep. Idk if anyone else feel like me but after having this surgery i have this guilt if i cant get my fluids in, my Protein is not the problrm right now since i can get the eggs in. The dr removed my gallbladder and repaired a huge hernia so he hasnt released me to the gym yet, i cant wait. I feel like i was losing faster before the surgery than now. Ive definitely lost some weight, im trying not to go out and buy a scale, i go by my clothes. Before surgery, i was in a 3x, im now in a 1x.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I am doing really well overall. Surgery was 10/5. I am on "soft foods" until 3 months post-op but that includes chicken, tuna salad, deli meats, cheeses, etc - I haven't had any trouble with any foods yet. I'm not hungry though, so I am having some trouble making myself eat (but I always do because the Protein is so important). I am also having some trouble with Constipation so feeling a bit more grumpy than usual, but I took some Miralax last night so I'm hoping I'll be able to go soon!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery 10/3. I was never told that I had to crush pills, I've been taking them whole. Uh oh. I will ask my surgeon at my follow up appointment this Thursday. I am on the last week of the pureed foods. I get to start soft foods on Halloween...yay!! I am basically living off of Protein shakes, scrambled eggs and mashed potates. I cannot eat pureed meat for the life of me. Despite all the research I did prior, this process is harder than I thought it would be. Although it is getting easier and I am so happy I made this decision and that I am passed the surgey part. The pain at my large incision site barely went away a few days ago. Anyone back at the gym yet? How long before you returned or plan on returning?? Good luck to all! :)

I was sleeved on 4th October and starting week 2 of puréed. Counting down the 7 days until soft foods. Week 3 and 21lbs since surgery 38 total adding pre-op weight loss as well. I'm experimenting with lots of things but my fav at the moment is puréed tuna with light mayo - my go to. I've had bad Constipation and now having to take Milk of Magnesium . Getting my Water in. My first post-op appt is not until week 6 which I find very strange. I feel like I have been left in the dust with the surgery but this forum has helped out so much. I don't start taking Vitamins until week 5 for some reason. Each week is getting better but have had some set backs. First day back to work today and I'm exhausted.

Yeah I got to finally eat something. All my plans went out the window. I tried hummas and avocado. Went down well. No nausea. Wahoo#! Don't want to overdo so I did a tablespoon at a time an hour apart. I still have pain in the left side the doc said it still is gas from surgery. Walking and moving around would help get it out.

I was sleeved on October 10th and on purée. This may sound silly but I feel a huge difference today! I can hardly eat before feeling sickly full. Thinking the swelling has gone down and maybe that's why it's so totally uncomfortable?

I was sleeved October 3, and so far, I'm doing well. I am on soft foods (my NUT and surgeon let me pass the puree stage).

I have had nausea with Protein drinks, so what I do first thing in the morning now is take my Pepcid and the medication that my surgeon gave me that says "take 15 minutes before meals" which reduces nausea. Then I attempt a Protein shake for Breakfast so that I am off to a good start first thing: 30g Protein. Some days I just can't stomach it.

For meals, I now eat things like rotisserie chicken, sashimi, tuna, greek yogurt, low fat cheese and deli meats.

Tonight, I am making the WLS famous "Ricotta Bake" and also making a new recipe "Huli Chicken", a Hawaiian specialty. I substitute sugar free apricot preserves for the brown sugar, so it's really healthy.

Occasionally, I get an uncomfortable feeling in my chest and upper stomach after eating. Its usually when I eat too fast.

I am now doing cardio (elliptic) 3-4 days a week. I was OK'ed for this on my two week f/u. I love it!

I sleep like baby, and wake up refreshed! Better than before surgery. :)

I'm only weighing myself every three days, otherwise I'd go crazy. :blink:

HW: 239

Weight on day I started two week pre-op diet: Sept 19, 2016: 236

SW: Oct 3, 2016 219

Current: 206

Sleeved on 10/3, but had twisted sleeve which was corrected on 10/6. Spent 2 weeks on liquids due to swelling and nausea etc. I was going to the bathroom fine. Still on IV fluids when I can't get in liquids. This week has been great though. I have been able to keep down all liquids including Soups and puree. Protein has been through protein Fruit Drinks like Atkins 20g and pineapple fruit drink I bought from my surgeons office 15g which is my favorite. Energy getting better and grateful I have the time to take off. Hopefully I can move to soft foods next week. My sleeved friends were right......the first 3 weeks were hell for me. Seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now and thankful for my husband who would not let me get discouraged..

I had band to RNY on Oct 3 doing well overall. Down 25lbs from Sept 30! No issues with Constipation. I have been walking a lot, keeping busy and started going to the gym again last week. Just doing light things and being kind to my body. I'm a couple days away from soft foods, but have half transitioned. I eat lots of Soups, hummus, oatmeal/cereal with milk, cottage cheese, pureed chili with sour cream, and of course Protein shakes! I have noticed the last couple of nights I've been feeling nauseous in the late evening after dinner. I thought maybe it was cause I eat too much at dinner, but I know that's not the case tonight. Although I did have a very small portion of no sugar ice cream and thinking that's making me feel ill. But overall, doing great!

Hi I was sleeved oct 10 and I can't do puree food some I can. I'm slowly losing I tried fish 3 times can't eat that and also when I eat 3 bites and get that burp that's it no more if I go over and try 1 more I'm sick so I have learned when to stop

Yes it is so hard for now but they say it gets better

Start weight : 310

Surgery : 291

Current : 272