Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible weight gain?

Hi.

I am 7 almost 8 mos post surgery. My weight loss has been great. Each visit I've lost weight and completely excited about it. Today I was going through some clothing that I thought were too big based off of size. Putting each item on i became more and more frustrated. Then I went and tried in things that I've been wearing all of the time now and are a little bit snug. I am now terrified that I have gained weight. Everyone around me is saying I am overreacting. But it all feels very real to me. So much so that I am just drinking Protein shakes and shrimp and vegetables. I plan on spending extra time in the gym.

Anyone else going these "struggles"? What did yours end up being? What can I do?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Do you not own a scale?

How has your eating been? Have you been sticking to mostly Protein, limiting complex carbs and sugar? Could you just be bloated?

I'm sorry but it would drive me nuts not being able to get on a scale just to see what's going on for comparison. I think it would probably put your mind at ease, too, when you think you may have gained but actually haven't.

Did you weigh yourself to see if you gained? You could be bloated and that's why clothes feel tight. Reducing calories is not always the way to go - you need to be sure you're getting enough Protein and fluids. Starving yourself isn't wise - you'll screw up your metabolism.

Also remember that size is relative to the brand and type of clothing...

can't delete .....

Edited by OzRoo

Do you not own a scale?

How has your eating been? Have you been sticking to mostly Protein, limiting complex carbs and sugar? Could you just be bloated?

I'm sorry but it would drive me nuts not being able to get on a scale just to see what's going on for comparison. I think it would probably put your mind at ease, too, when you think you may have gained but actually haven't.

I do not own a scale because I know that I can get a bit obsessive about weighing myself and I like being surprised about my weight loss or gain. This time though it will be too long to go until I see the bariatric team again (6mos). I make sure I always get Protein in and I need to get better about having veggies instead of potatoes. But over all I eat pretty healthy

Did you weigh yourself to see if you gained? You could be bloated and that's why clothes feel tight. Reducing calories is not always the way to go - you need to be sure you're getting enough Protein and fluids. Starving yourself isn't wise - you'll screw up your metabolism.

Not really starving myself, having Protein shakes with greek yogurt, strawberries, pumpkin puree, carrot puree, light cranberry juice. That's only twice a day.

How many carbs and calories have you been eating?

I haven't been tracking them. Now that this is happening i need to get on the ball.

I bet you'll notice some changes once you start tracking everything again. I started tracking everything during my six-month pre-op diet, and have continued that through my post-op food stages. I am planning to continue that long-term. (It works with my personality as well as helping to keep my consumption on track...)

How many carbs and calories have you been eating?

I haven't been tracking them. Now that this is happening i need to get on the ball.

I bet you'll notice some changes once you start tracking everything again. I started tracking everything during my six-month pre-op diet, and have continued that through my post-op food stages. I am planning to continue that long-term. (It works with my personality as well as helping to keep my consumption on track...)
I just re-downloaded myfitpal. I need to make sure I am doing as I am supposed. I've been thinking along the way, why worry about the calories, I can only eat so much. Well apparently that is no longer working.