Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you love your Fitbit ?

I have been a fitbit customer for a long time. I really hate how the company has changed and what has happened with the products.

I think they are subpar to a smart watch and other options.

If you are going to get one, get one with GPS and HR monitoring, the rest of the are so inaccurate it isn't even funny anymore.

As I've posted in the "Official: FitBit thread" I do not like FitBits nor Jawbone UP Move. Both under-report my daily steps by 20-30% or more. I recently tried a Misfit Shine & Misfit Flash & am very happy with them. They tend to be within 2-4% of actual, counted, steps.

As I've posted in the "Official: FitBit thread" I do not like FitBits nor Jawbone UP Move. Both under-report my daily steps by 20-30% or more. I recently tried a Misfit Shine & Misfit Flash & am very happy with them. They tend to be within 2-4% of actual, counted, steps.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Yes, got it 4 weeks ago at Kohls. Got the Fitbit Alta, was $99.99 but I had kohls cash so I only paid $69.99. It totally motivates me to move and I've exercised more in the past 4 weeks than I have in the first 6 months after my surgery combined.

I use all the features and have it connected to my fitness pal so it tracks my calories in and out. Also tracks my Water, steps, and sleep patterns. I highly recommend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

cdeisroth,

I just got the fitbit charge 2 this last Saturday. How did you sync your fitbit to my fitness pal?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using the BariatricPal App

In the myfitnesspal app on my phone there is an option for "apps and devices" in the main menu. Click that then search for the "fitbit tracker" and follow the instructions from there.

Make sure you also have the Fitbit app on your phone as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I have the Fitbit blaze and love it. Purchased it at Best Buy with rewards. What I enjoy most are the challenges. It motivates me to move and try to not end up in last place! My favorite is the workweek hustle. I have been in a group where several were getting 6k miles by 10am! I also track my Water and weight as well. Well worth it!

I just got my fit bit about a week ago, and I find it extremely motivating. To be honest, I was very surprised. In general I find walking to be incredibly boring, and I have not exercised in a decade on purpose. However fit bit gives me A way to hold myself accountable, it shows me every day the work I've done and keeps a record of it so I can see myself doing more and more. At the end of the week it tells me how many miles I walked. Last week I walked like 13 miles! This is completely unheard of for me LOL. I highly recommend you get one if you're feeling Drawn to that. I got mine new, but a slightly older model, on eBay for $45!

Edited by JupiterinVirgo

YES! I love my fitbit! I began with a Fitbit One which was a hand me down. I loved it but wanted more of the features. I bought an Alta and absolutely loved it. I really liked the silent alarm and the hourly "get up and walk" reminder. Plus, the band was super comfortable. I was never been a watch person but it just felt like nothing was there.

I won a Charge 2 in a contest a few weeks ago and switched to that. I'm really digging the heart rate monitor on that. I missed the stair counter from the One (the Alta does not have that) and love that the Charge 2 has all of the Alta features PLUS the ones I missed.

I'd definitely recommend a fitbit. Their customer support stands by their products, the product is great quality and tracking is fun. It's really interesting to see how active/sedentary I am and keep track of this stuff!

Edit: If anyone is interested, I still have my One and all of the accessories. It works beautifully and I'm happy to part with it for $20 and shipping. (Mods, if this isn't Kosher, I'll remove it!)

Edited by jessgnc

I have the Fitbit charge HR but seldom wear it because it makes my wrist burn. If not for that, I found it very useful.

I really want to purchase one . I have a knockoff brand (acer ) is the actual Fitbit brand better .

I've owned 3 different fitbits and I love them. I can tell you my sister has a gearfit and she really likes hers and it does everything that mine does. I think the brands are all very similar these days.

I notice that 10,000 steps are mentioned frequently and could you tell me the significance of 10,000 steps?

Love my Alta. Love the call/text notifications and the nudges that get me u and moving. Well worth the money.