Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So....about my pee.

Hey Gents, question for you all. I've noticed I hardly have to take a leak anymore. I used to go probably 6-8 times a day and I may do half of that now. I always had drank a lot of fluids and Water and I am pretty sure I am drinking nearly the same amount now. Good thing is I don't have to get up in the middle of the night once or twice to use the bathroom like before the sleeve. Now I may go 4 times a day, and there is not much volume at all, not like I'm measuring. Also, I use to be pretty clear and now it seems to be much more yellow and maybe a little stinky. Whats going on with me?!? I'm a few days shy of being 4 weeks post op.

Thanks for your comments

Sounds like you are not drinking enough. Even 2-3 months post op I was struggling to get my Water in

Sounds like you are not drinking enough. Even 2-3 months post op I was struggling to get my Water in

Thats the thing.....I have no problem drinking fluids since post-op day 3. I am pretty sure I am sucking down plenty of fluids. I go through my 30oz Yeti cup 3 times per day plus shakes, Decaf, etc.

Are you getting enough Protein in? How is your weight?

I am going to up my fluids even more see what happens. I drink one 30g Protein shake per day, and have a Protein whip greek yogurt plus chicken, fish, and/or eggs for lunch and dinner. Still on soft foods for a few more days but I get at least 60g of protein a day per my tracking.

As for weight loss, I think I am on track. I'm down 46# since pre-op diet started 09/19 and 34# since surgery 09/29.

Thanks for your input.

Are you getting enough protein in? How is your weight?

I would add another Protein drink in, if you can... my goal was to get in about 100 grams/day

I would add another Protein drink in, if you can... my goal was to get in about 100 grams/day

OK, i'll give that a shot, i'm curious if my weight loss is on track for someone my size

The volume of fluids you are taking in sounds pretty damned good to me. Are you noticing that it is dark or bright yellow? If it is bright yellow, I am betting that you are taking a Vitamin that contains B12 or you are taking a B complex. That would account for the color.

Also, in the beginning, your waste is going to be a little more concentrated than normal. A lot of the waste is going to be from your fat reserves. If you ain't pooping & peeing, you ain't losing! Concentrated urine would have a strong odor.

OK, i'll give that a shot, i'm curious if my weight loss is on track for someone my size

I am actually going to go the opposite direction on this advice. If you are 4 weeks out and you are getting 60 grams of Protein in, you are killing it. Unless you are busting hump at the gym or are a physical laborer, you are getting the protein you need. Until you know what is going on with your urine, I would recommend holding off on the increased protein merely because it can be hard on the kidneys.

Being 4 weeks out, I am betting you have a follow up appointment with your surgeon coming up soon. Write this issue down so you can remember to ask for his/her opinion on it.

@@BigViffer good advice on the Vitamins, I nearly forgot about that.... and yes more Protein can be hard on your kidneys. Since we don't know what your pre-existing health issues might have been, besides being over weight I would add, please check with your PCP/Surgeon.

I have noticed a drop in how much i pee also. I believe its natural. My whole group said the same. So i hope its normal since so many are having same thing going on. Our urine is light yellow/clear so im sure things are fine.

This could be a kidney function problem. Do not increase Protein without bloodwork to find out if your kidneys are being damaged from too much Protein.< /p>

If it is a concern, keep a log. The more specifics you can give your doctor the better. The biggest danger/side effect for WLS people is not getting enough Fluid and having gallstones. I don't pee as much either, but I also sweat a great deal during workouts. While caffeine won't dehydrate you, it does seem to kick in the peeing and poop reflex. You are off it and that might be slowing things down.

The volume of fluids you are taking in sounds pretty damned good to me. Are you noticing that it is dark or bright yellow? If it is bright yellow, I am betting that you are taking a Vitamin that contains B12 or you are taking a B complex. That would account for the color.

Also, in the beginning, your waste is going to be a little more concentrated than normal. A lot of the waste is going to be from your fat reserves. If you ain't pooping & peeing, you ain't losing! Concentrated urine would have a strong odor.

Same problem here but I'm on b12 so that explains it

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App