Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I am 10 days post op and I'm the puréed foods stage. I am wondering if anyone has consumed cheese in this stage? I know about cottage cheese and ricotta cheese, but I do not care for either. If anyone has had other cheeses, please make suggestions and also did you have any issues from consuming cheese?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I didn't have a puréed phase but when so was on soft foods I was able to eat melted cheese in addition to cottage and ricotta cheese. I would think cream cheese is also soft enough. If in doubt about what is allowed on your program, you could always give your NUT a call and ask.

When I went mushy after two weeks (my surgeon had me skip pureed, I guess he felt I was recovering well enough) I tried the pintos and cheese at Taco Bell and that had cheese, and it didn't give me any issues. I haven't done a lot of cheese, though. One thing I'm seeing from a lot of the posts here is that everyone seems to react a lot differently to food, regardless of whether they all had the sleeve. It just seems to affect everyone a bit differently, so really the only way to find out is to try and see what your body says.

Thank you for the advice, I was planning on trying some cheese anyway like you said, to see how my body reacts. Those Beans with cheese from Taco Bell are awesome and sound good right about now. Wish I could jump right into mushy/soft stage right now, but I'm only 5 days away from transitioning into that stage so I'm looking forward to it!

I started with string cheese last Sunday (Day 18 post-op), and it has been no problem. I got to add scrambled eggs beginning today (Day 25 post-op), and I added in 1/3 piece of American cheese with the 1 scrambled egg and it has been fine as well. So far, I haven't had a bad reaction to anything on my plan (but I have stayed to it exactly -- even if I do feel that it is a bit conservative...)

I had mushy phase not puréed according to my nut. Included cheese esp soft cheeses or melted. Cottage cheese Brie Boursin cream laughing cow melted baby bel. Cheese is life.

I actually use soft cheeses like queso crazily enough. Sams club sells one that is less than 7g of fat. And I can add a teaspoon or tablespoon and digest it. The key to any food at all is to eat it as slowly as possible and chew as throughly as possible. And then walk it off. I set a timer when I eat... 20 mins.... and then when I'm done i set another timer for 30 mins so I know when I can drink fluids again... during that 30 mins I move around walk and do stuff and stay active.

Be careful that any premade cheese products are not unnecessarily high in fat or include sugars that other cheeses do not. I am in no way suggesting low fat cheese my nut is against low fat cheese. I just mean go more natural that processed.

I made little rolls with smoked salmon, brie, and fresh tarragon. It's soft and delicious.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Feta and nonfat or low fat goat cheese are also allowed by my nutritionist. I like the Babybels a lot, they come in various flavors now (had a gouda with lunch yesterday) but I think you have to wait a few more weeks on those. Also, the Laughing Cow wedges are good. I haven't had any issues with cheese.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Baby bell gouda for the win! I also eat jack cheese and I love havarti. I have a hard time with cheddar though, it sits hard on my stomach.