Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Weight Loss Story

My name is Patricia. I have been on here for a while, bir never told my full story that me here. I apologize if this is too long.

I started struggling with my weight at 17 years old. Before that I always stayed between 130 & 145 lbs. I got pregnant at 16, during which time I gained approx 50 lbs. I only lost about 10 lbs after giving birth which left me at 186 lbs at 17. I tried everything to lose the weight but nothing worked. I was in a relationship for 2 years that ended badly. I literally could not eat or sleep. My weight went down to 160 lbs in 3 months. I was happy with it, but then got pregnant again at 20. I have had 4 children. Each one adding more weight to me. No amount of diet or exercise ever helped. I never really paid much attention to how much I actually weighed as long as I still looked good in the clothes I liked.

I started to notice the size of my clothes going up. I could no longer shop at my favorite stores because I was over an 18. I no longer looked at myself in full length mirrors (which made clothes shopping difficult). I only bought clothes if I absolutely needed them because every time I did, I left crying. I stopped wearing dresses and skirts. I hated myself very much. I weighed in at 225 and decided it was time to do something. I went to an informational seminar and decided this was it.

I started the process with one surgeon but denied by my medical because I didn't have sufficient documented weight loss attempts. I continued to work with their nutritionist and started losing weight. After 2 months I stalled. That lasted a month before I gained it all back and then some. Finally at 245, I went to another surgeon. After his initial testing, my paperwork was submitted to my medical. A year went by and I hadn't heard anything back. I was slowly gaining weight. I had reached 267 by the time I found out my surgery was approved. Because of the gain, my surgeon almost denied the surgery. He didn't and my surgery was 9/26/16.

Now here I am, 4 weeks post op and more than 20 lbs down. My first post op appointment with my nutritionist is tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much I have lost now. I do know that my pants that fit me 2 weeks ago are loose today! My Shapewear that was tight actually feels comfortable. Mt stomach that used to stick out now hangs down. I am happy right now and will be even happier as I lose more!

Thank you for bearing with me through this story!

Sent from my LGMS428 using the BariatricPal App

We have such a similar story ! I'm so happy for you that you were finally approved and doing so well! I'm still not he beginning , no date yet but everything is moving along nicely. Congrats on your progress!!

happy Llama sad Llama... big fat mama Llama.

Weighed in today at 240.1! That's a total of 27 lbs down!

HW: 267

SW: 260

CW: 240

GW: 130

Edited by Gordita81

Thank you @@KristenLe! How much longer do you have until surgery?

How are you feeling so far?

3 months post op. Ihave started going back to the gym. Trying to go 2-3 times a week. I go for Zumba and starting kickboxing this week. Feels good to be able to move. Even though I know I have a lot of work today. Before returning to the gym I was in a stall at 230. I weighed in at the gym this morning..... 225. Yay. I like seeing the numbers go down.

HW: 267

SW: 260

CW: 225

GW: 130

RNY: 9/26/16