Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you eat when you're sick?

I seem to be at a bit of a cross-road. I'm 5 weeks post op, and had another emergent unrelated surgery 3 days ago. I think the swelling and trauma of that surgery (also abdomimal) has caused everything to swell up and get angry again.

So, I feel like crap and am nauseous - I don't think our bodies are meant to undergo 2 surgeries in a month. I want to revert to something like the BRAT diet to help the nausea (I know it's not sleeve related, totally different feeling). But of course those are all carbs! Peanut Butter crackers or plain noodles with butter sound good - but are so horrible for my sleeve!

Does anyone have any secrets to eating tummy ache comfort foods like that? I'm barely keeping up with fluids which I know is horrible. I posted yesterday on having to nibble at my food, which seema to be an okay thing temporarily (for me only, you do you and follow your plan).

I was doing so well just getting off my mushies and everything. Help! Please

Can your surgeon prescribe you medication for the nausea? Zofran always helps me.

@@rolosmom7 ugh, so so sorry you had to go through another surgery so soon. I would speak to both surgeons, your wls surgeon and the one that did your latest surgery to see what they think. My best guess is I think due to the exigent circumstances, you should eat whatever you can keep down, and whatever helps your body get comfort and heal... Meaning, if for example, if Peanut Butter makes you feel better, eat peanut butter, regardless if it is or is not a weight loss food. You'll probably lose weight anyway since you are so restricted as it is. After you/re healthy, you can go back to dense Proteins, low carb... etc. for your sleeve. But I stress again, I would call and talk to each of your surgeons to see what they recommend. Feel better soon!

Yogurt is good for all kinds of stomach/digestive troubles. That tends to be what I turn to when not feeling up to par.

chicken noodle Soup but don't eat the noodles. I do however give the noodles to my 4 legged garbage disposal that looks an awful lot like a chocolate lab.

Ginger is my absolute go to for tummy problems and nausea. Ginger tea is the easiest sleeve friendly solution I would suggest. there are also broths with ginger.

chicken noodle Soup but don't eat the noodles. I do however give the noodles to my 4 legged garbage disposal that looks an awful lot like a chocolate lab.

Haha! My dogs are going to be the fat ones here soon, they get my remnants! They're miniature pinschers and LOVE human treats - very rarely do they get them, and only things like scrambled egg. I get so many laughs out of your posts!

I've been doing unjury chicken Soup, and it helps a lot. I did go for some crackers, which is naughty. Hoping to be back into the swing of things soon!

Ginger is my absolute go to for tummy problems and nausea. Ginger tea is the easiest sleeve friendly solution I would suggest. there are also broths with ginger.

I use a lot of tea remedies. I used to manage several Teavanas (if you've ever heard of those) but tea just won't sit well. It's pretty distressing actually [emoji20]

@rolodmom7 yes I've seen Teavanas. That's a pity about tea. Is it hot and iced that doesn't sit well?

Ginger is really a miracle worker for me when I'm nauseous. I used to rely on ginger candy but since getting sleeved I've avoided it because of the sugar. I carry it for an emergency though. The only thing that works faster on nausea for me is pot. But that has side effects!

Sorry about the second surgery. That does sound very traumatic for your system. Hope you feel better soon.

Sorry about the second surgery. That does sound very traumatic for your system. Hope you feel better soon.

Hot does okay some days. Cold anything doesn't work. Thank you for your well wishes [emoji173]