Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hair loss starts at about three months out and ends at about nine months out. I used Biotin. It did not stop the Hair loss on my head but my legs needed to be shaved twice a day and I grew a great amount of facial hair.< /p>

I did not like the beard and moustache look on a woman and had to have facial waxings done. When I quit the Biotin the leg and face Hair growth stopped.

I had my RNY 3 years ago. I started losing my hair around 4 months or so. I really thought I was going to be bald!! Now I had tried NIOXIN and even started it before my surgery. It didn't make a difference. Fast forward ( BTW my Hair loss slowed down and pretty much stopped by my 9th month out) I started taking hair SKIN AND NAILS Plus my other Vitamins. I take 2 BARIATRIC VIT a day, Vit D 6,000 a day ( I am real low due to living in OREGON) B-12 1 time a week sublingual, SELENIUM 200mg a day Citracal-D 2 a day. The SELENIUM helps with hair loss also. Make sure you get all of your Protein in also. I stopped washing my hair every day, now I wash it like every other day. I also found a Shampoo for hair loss online it is called PUR ad 'or I am amazed at how much this has helped my hair. You can actually see new growth around my hairline. I paid $19.95 but it is sooo worth it. A BIG difference. Good luck I haven't had any facial hair or extra leg hair. In fact every since my RNY I don't have much Hair growth in my pits or my legs. I disagree ( not being a smart A**) but I do think Vitamins help with hair loss. I don't feel like it was a waste of my money at all.

I'm only 3 months out and haven't noticed more Hair loss than usual yet. But a few years back I had bad loss and started taking Biotin and silica. I grew more hair on my body like crazy- and in places I never had before. OMG so awful. I've since paid thousands for laser hair removal.

I'm using Phytocane serum as a scalp treatment at the moment. I've had success with it leading to new growth in the past, but I guess I'll see how it works for WLS Hair loss.

I love the way it smells and my hair has good volume and softness to it when I use it.

I had my RNY 3 years ago. I started losing my hair around 4 months or so. I really thought I was going to be bald!! Now I had tried NIOXIN and even started it before my surgery. It didn't make a difference. Fast forward ( BTW my Hair loss slowed down and pretty much stopped by my 9th month out) I started taking hair SKIN AND NAILS Plus my other Vitamins. I take 2 BARIATRIC VIT a day, Vit D 6,000 a day ( I am real low due to living in OREGON) B-12 1 time a week sublingual, SELENIUM 200mg a day Citracal-D 2 a day. The SELENIUM helps with hair loss also. Make sure you get all of your Protein in also. I stopped washing my hair every day, now I wash it like every other day. I also found a Shampoo for hair loss online it is called PUR ad 'or I am amazed at how much this has helped my hair. You can actually see new growth around my hairline. I paid $19.95 but it is sooo worth it. A BIG difference. Good luck I haven't had any facial hair or extra leg hair. In fact every since my RNY I don't have much Hair growth in my pits or my legs. I disagree ( not being a smart A**) but I do think Vitamins help with hair loss. I don't feel like it was a waste of my money at all.

Did your hair grow back after it stopped falling?

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Spoken to several doctors on this issue because I lost 2/3 of my hair volume. I was never Vitamin deficient and got my Protein up in the first few weeks post op.

Some people simply react to the stress of surgery and the stress of massive weight loss so fast.

For me, it began at what i thought was alot around 2 months post op and got heavier and heavier. I swore i though i would lose all my hair.< /p>

My doctors, every single one of them told me that I would stop shedding my hair when the massive weight loss tapered off. For me, that was 13 months post op. My hair was thin, but i still had hair. It did not cause bald Patches, it just shed from everywhere.

I took Biotin but am not convinced it really did anything for regrowth as they claim.

the good news, my hair was coming in while i was still losing it. I used to have very thick dark hair with nice body. Now, I have even thicker, very curly hair. Yes, my hair went so curly that even my stylist is shocked. She said she has seen it happen with cancer patients but never ever so quickly.

I have had to learn how to deal with very curly hair. In the beginning i would straighten it but honestly that is such a pain and it never really gets straight unless it is round brushed by a stylist.

So, now I wear it curly and everyone is getting used to it. It is beautiful, shiny and curly and probably more healthy than it has ever been. you no longer see my scalp at all.

By the way, Biotin does not help with hair loss, it supposedly will help with regrowth.

Many people never have the Hair loss experience it just depends on the person.

Did your hair grow back after it stopped falling?

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Yes it did. Luckily