Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is it common to not lose in 3rd week?

I am 3.5 weeks post op and have had a 5 day plateau... I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else?? I'm exercising and eating and drinking perfectly... I'm getting frustrated with the scale:/

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Please search for 3 week stall. you will likely find thousands of posts. It is very common and you will likely have many more, it is your body simply taking a break from all the weight loss.

Incidentally there are many points of view as to what a stall is. 5 days with no loss does not mean that you are stalled. Usually it is a couple of weeks before you can call it a real plateau.

Some people stay off the scale if this bothers them. I personally was a daily weigher during the weight loss phase but i had to train myself not to get upset when i did not lose weight every day.

The reality is, for the first 2 months you likely will lose alot and then after that it tapers off to a more reasonable pace. I think i averaged between 7 - 10 lbs per month. It took 18 months to lose 152lbs and the last 30 took more than 6 months alone.

Be patient....it will come off.

There are times you reach a plateau don't panic, just keep working your new tool. You'll get there.

I have heard conflicting things on what and how much your supposed to eat. But I have talked to my daughter who had the Bypass surgery over a year ago, and what worked for her. She said to eat 800 calories a day and your 60 grams of protien a day.

I keep a daily food journal and my daily counts, it helps me stay honest. Sometimes i go over but try to stay as close to the suggested counts. I had my surgery in May and since my journey began with the classes before surgery i have lost 83 pounds.

Wishing You the best !

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using the BariatricPal App

I'm in the same stall, I haven't lost anything for 8 days, but I definitely look like I'm still losing weight. I skimmed some articles about it and my take away is that around 3 weeks at a calorie deficit your body switches from using short term energy storage(glycogen) to long term storage (fat). I think you're still losing weight, but your body starts retaining Water and making more glycogen to put back what was used from short term storage, so the scale doesn't move.

This is different from stalls that will happen later on, you don't need to do anything to get through this one but wait.

I'm in the same stall, I haven't lost anything for 8 days, but I definitely look like I'm still losing weight. I skimmed some articles about it and my take away is that around 3 weeks at a calorie deficit your body switches from using short term energy storage(glycogen)to long term storage (fat). I think you're still losing weight, but your body starts retaining Water and making more glycogen to put back what was used from short term storage, so the scale doesn't move.

This is different from stalls that will happen later on, you don't need to do anything to get through this one but wait.

That makes a lot of sense!

Sent from my SM-G900F using the BariatricPal App

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process of losing weight.

Everyone experiences stalls and just about everyone stalls three weeks after surgery.

Just follow your program, focus on getting in all of your Protein and fluids, take your Vitamins and supplements as directed, stay off the scale, and Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall.