Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 10days post op and I'm hungry. Need help to find something other than shakes. I cheated when I ate egg drop Soup and got the wonton crisps really soft and ate them

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using the BariatricPal App

Is that me thinking I'm hungry but I'm not? I think I ate them because they were there. Now I'm really really scared cuz I don't want to hurt myself

That won't hurt you like popcorn or fried chicken... Though I'm two months out and still don't eat popcorn to scared haha.... But anyways it's head hunger and i believe it has to do with hormones bc the other week allllll day I had the munchies of course I ate my Protein n veggie but still. So don't beat yourself over it just get back on the right path :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That won't hurt you like popcorn or fried chicken... Though I'm two months out and still don't eat popcorn to scared haha.... But anyways it's head hunger and i believe it has to do with hormones bc the other week allllll day I had the munchies of course I ate my Protein n veggie but still. So don't beat yourself over it just get back on the right path :)

My son had popcorn and I wanted it so bad I sucked on one or two and it stopped me from wanting it. I'm on my cycle so yes hormones are really going crazy plus all the other stuff going on with my body. Other than these things I've tried I haven't had anything else off track I'm getting back on track cuz the guilt of what I did cheat with is bad. Thanks for being supportive

I had my surgery 10/10 and I'm starving too I need something to eat too idk if it's mental or what but your not alone ready to try something haven't had anything but broth Protein shakes yogurt and Water

Girl me too. I tried egg drop Soup for first time it's the bomb

Sunday I'm gonna try something purée cause that will be 2 weeks but don't go back to the doctor until 27 th

I was told to start pureed foods 2 weeks from the day after I had surgery so mine will be Thursday

Hello,

I had surgery 10/10. I feel like that hunger hormone was not even touched Lol. I feel so hungry, but I started purée lentil Soups from trader joes. Also my surgeon said I could have chicken but go slow. Dark meat is best because it's more tender. Other than that I feel a lot more energy. BUT I am wearing a Bipap machine since August which helped me tremendously.

Hi All. I had surgery 10/17. Still bloated. I was doing okay until just a few minutes ago. I fell a little dizzy and weak so I lied down a bit and my mom diluted some apple sauce with Water which really helped me but I'm still so hungry. I'm trying my best to be hydrated but I'm so tired of this liquid diet. I still haven't reach a day with 64oz. FYI i still haven't started my Protein shake until I get them tomorrow .i don't see my dr until Wednesday. And I believe I start puréed next week. (2 week after surgery) but I can't wait. Any advice?

Having WLS such as bypass or the sleeve, you should not feel actual hunger at this stage. When they cut your stomach they cut the hunger hormones and for bypass it will take a few months before actual hunger comes back. For the sleeve you may not ever get that feeling back.

So, that being said....you are either having head hunger, you are dehydrated or are having some reflux. So, start by sipping Water for a while and see if the feeling goes away. If not, call the doc and see if it could be reflux (especially sleeve patients). If you are already taking something for reflux then YOU are getting in your own head.

You will truly need to learn to deal with it because that never goes away. You have to learn to get your mind off food. In the first several weeks post op you really truly only need Water. All of us have Protein in our systems since before surgery, in fact some doctors dont even start you on Protein shakes until week 2.

Being dehydrated mimics the hunger feeling and it can really make you feel pretty crappy on top of everything else. If you are not yet getting a minimum of 48 oz. to 64 oz. of fluids you are likely dehydrated.

I had my bypass surgery on 5/16 I still have problems eating meat.

But I keep a food journal and try to keep my calories at 800 a day and 60 grams of protiens a day.

When I still feel hungry I chew on sugarfree popcycles helps me a lot. I've lost a total of 83 pounds.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using the BariatricPal App