Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constipatin,Acid reflux and Heart burns

I am 18 days post-op . Was doing good until the last 5 days when I started to have acid reflux and heartburns. They are so bad that it wakes me up at night. No matter what I eat or drink. I call my dr and he prescribed me Protonic and started taken it yesterday. Tums does not help. Also I am constipated. Dr told me to take milk f magnesia or mralax. I have and only thing I get out f this is very watery. Any suggestions will help! Sometimes I wonder what have I done! When will I start to feeling myself again!? I getting all my Protein in. Eating what I should, but this acid reflux and heartburns I am scare to eat or drink cause it's hurts so bad. Please help!

I would go back to Clear Liquids for a couple of days, and see if it settles down...and keep taking your Protonix as directed. Hopefully it will start to ease up. Make sure you are doing as well as you possibly can on Water intake, too. That may be part of the reason for the Constipation. But I'd really lay off of anything that requires your stomach to work for a couple of days and see if that helps.

I am 18 days post-op . Was doing good until the last 5 days when I started to have acid reflux and heartburns. They are so bad that it wakes me up at night. No matter what I eat or drink. I call my dr and he prescribed me Protonic and started taken it yesterday. Tums does not help. Also I am constipated. Dr told me to take milk f magnesia or mralax. I have and only thing I get out f this is very watery. Any suggestions will help! Sometimes I wonder what have I done! When will I start to feeling myself again!? I getting all my Protein in. Eating what I should, but this acid reflux and heartburns I am scare to eat or drink cause it's hurts so bad. Please help!

How long after u eat do u wait to go to bed? My dr said after eating anything I should not sleep until an hour at least and if I drink even a sip of Water I need to stay up for half n hour before sleeping... I've had severe gerd issues before the surgery so I'm trying to stay away from any refluxes as well... also avoid anything spicy... even if u take any medicine or anything wait for an hour to sleep and since ur having issues right now elevate ur head while sleeping... and have more yogurt ... I had my surgery on 27/09 so I'm still fresh but this is what I used to do when I used to get gerd

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm taking famotodine but feel sometimes like the heartburn still wants to creep up a bit but it has been helpful. I started walking more this week and the first day I had like 3 loose stools. It wasn't a lot but I feel the walking increase REALLY helped me. Milk of magnesia made me go within the same day too 2 days before I increased my walking time. I am currently 11 days post-op.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I can't see what forum we're in (on my phone) but, if you got the band or possibly even the sleeve, are you possibly eating too much and/or too fast? Causing your pouch to fill and back up?

Munky

I do not eat before going to bed. I have elevated my head. When I do eat I eat maybe 3 lil bites not much at all. So I know I am not overeating. But I have notice when I drink Water instead of sipping like I did I will swallow more than a sip. It does not hurt. I am going to see how the Protonix is going to help since this is only my second day f asking it. Thanks for all the suggestions!

OMG I haven't had a BM for 8 days!! Spoke to the senior nurse at the hospital and my doctor says to take Milk of Magnesium. Have been taking it and NO MOVEMENT!! I'm on the puréed stage eating everything I'm supposed to eat drinking AT LEAST 2Ls of Water a day. They have threatened with a suppository and that has put the fear in me. Please tummy gooooooo!! I've noticed as well my left side of my stomach hurts like hell and I have sharps pains. Dr says that has been because I haven't gone.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Keep do the milk of mag.... i am now 10 days post revof sleeve to RNY and just went to bathroom last night. Did Mom 2xday! Was worried also..... my stomach was killing me too, getting better.... my problem is i lost a lot of blood, so counts are all very low and i have no energy!

I remember the first surgery and felt similar after not eating for so long. It passes, once eating again we slowly get back to ourselvrs, our new selves.....

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App