Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my pre-surgery diet this morning which means I am officially 2 weeks away from my RNY surgery. I'm having the surgery primarily to help/correct my gastroparesis but am hoping for big weight loss too. I was diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type III earlier this year which is how I also ended up with gastroparesis and after being misdiagnosed and ignored by doctors for 24 years I'm still trying to figure out my new diagnosis. But last year I met a very nice surgeon that told me I could get some relief from my gastroparesis and lose the weight by having the RNY. So I started my journey to get approved and a surgery date. Well, 3 days ago I met with the surgeon again and was given a surgery date of Oct 27, 2016. A huge shock to get in so fast. I'm excited and nervous. I know it will be tough - but every day is tough for me with pain, no energy, poor sleep, etc. etc. etc. But this surgery has the potential to help me in so many area and any improvement is a good thing.

Edited by CindyI114

@CindyI114 Hi! Congratulations on your surgery date! I'm scheduled for RNY on October 18th in Rochester, MN. Where will you have your surgery?

Yes, I'm going through mayo. ????

I sure will! I have a stuffy nose so I called my surgeon's office this afternoon. His nurse said as long as I don't have a fever the surgery should go on. I sure hope so! I'm ready to do this tomorrow! ????

I just had mine done at United in st. Paul on the 13. Had a great experience. I wish you luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I just had mine done at United in st. Paul on the 13. Had a great experience. I wish you luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

How long did you stay in hospital? How are you doing since you've been home?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was in overnight and have been doing great. Only 3 pain pills the first day. Drinking Protein as of yesterday and walk 30 plus minutes

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I'm five weeks post RNY for diabetic gastroparesis. I've been happy with the results so far. I was amazed at how little pain I had given the extent of my surgery. I'm down 14 lbs and tolerating two Protein shakes and a small meal each day. Have had some nausea but nothing like pre op. Best of luck!

Hi! My surgery went very well on Tuesday, October 18. The day was very surreal. My surgeon and his team were outstanding and my day time nurse was The Best! Wasn't sure what to expect for pain but the best way I can explain it now is it felt like I did a 1,000 sit-ups. So while it was a nuisance feeling it wasn't severe sharp pain - for me at least. I was supposed to be released on Thursday but because of hadn't drank 100 ml within 24 hours my surgeon wanted me to stay and one more night. Had I known that beforehand I would have worked harder on that. I was ok with having to stay though. I wanted to start out on the right foot.

I've been doing OK with getting my liquids in now at home so far. Yesterday I got in 68 oz! I'm on track today to do about the same.

I get kind of tired ease so I mainly walk around the house. I did go with my husband to the grocery store this morning and got a pretty good walk in there.

Tuesday, the 25th I start puréed and I'm looking forward to that!

I'm happy to be done with the surgery and the n to the next stage of losing weight! ????

My surgery is scheduled for Nov 28 @ mayo, Jacksonville, Fl. Glad your doing well! Do you feel hungry?

@marieac2 I've had head hunger which started yesterday (not constant, though) but no real hunger at all. Amazing since I haven't had anything solid to eat since October 17.

Since you are having your surgery at mayo - Jacksonville ... do they require you to do the 2 week liquid diet? Mayo - Rochester doesn't require it.

Edited by klouisa64