Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regular weight loss or not?

Hi all! Starting to freak out a bit. I was sleeved in July and I have lost a total of 34 pounds. I am almost 3 months out. I started to 224 pounds and I am 5"2. I didn't have a terribly high BMI and I understand that when you are a little smaller to start the weight doesn't come off as fast. I have been at a stall in weight loss for about a month. Starting to feel like a failure. I haven't had much time to exercise since I am pulling 50 hour weeks at work per week. I am still eating 2oz 3 meals a day and not eating Snacks and consuming 50oz of Protein in a shake. Does anyone with a similar weight/height have any insight into this?

*Dody*

Hi all! Starting to freak out a bit. I was sleeved in July and I have lost a total of 34 pounds. I am almost 3 months out. I started to 224 pounds and I am 5"2. I didn't have a terribly high BMI and I understand that when you are a little smaller to start the weight doesn't come off as fast. I have been at a stall in weight loss for about a month. Starting to feel like a failure. I haven't had much time to exercise since I am pulling 50 hour weeks at work per week. I am still eating 2oz 3 meals a day and not eating Snacks and consuming 50oz of Protein in a shake. Does anyone with a similar weight/height have any insight into this?

*Dody*

Are you drinking enough fluids? Not getting enough sleep can be an issue. I'd also try to get more Protein. Your loss is good though so that's not failure!

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

If you had less to lose to begin with, you're going to slow down faster than most people, too. But do you know what your TDEE is? (Total daily energy expended.) You can estimate it online with a calculator, just google "TDEE calculator." That will tell you how many calories your body requires just to maintain your current weight.

Then you figure out how many calories you're consuming every day. Get the calorie counts of what you eat, by weight. Add all of that, along with the calories in the shakes. Anything you put in your stomach.

Then you subtract all of your calories in from your TDEE. That will tell you what your caloric deficit is.

After you know that, then consider that a pound of fat is 3,500 calories. Knowing that, divide it by your daily caloric deficit. For instance, if your daily caloric deficit is 1,000 calories, then the result is 3.5 - that's how many days it will theoretically take for you to burn one pound of fat. Then check your scale and see if that's jiving, over a series of weeks. I'd suggest four weeks to get a good sample, because the body loses fat on its own schedule, not Mon-Sun.

But with that math, you can see that the less of a caloric deficit you run, the less you're going to lose per day...and the less you need to lose, the lower your deficit will be.

An excellent way to increase your fat burning ability is by building muscle. Weight training! Muscle mass is what burns calories and increases your TDEE. Cardio is decent, but weight training is super efficient. And of course what others have said - water! Very important.

Edited by PorkChopExpress

First of all, 10 pounds/month is outstanding, if not excessive weight loss. relax and enjoy the ride...you are just at the very beginning of a lifetime of change. But in any case, You should be drinking 1/2 your body weight in ounces for optimal weight loss. So for you, that's 95oz. Water is required for the biochemical process of fat metabolism. Without enough, that fat is going nowhere.

Besides the fluids, you should shoot for 60-80g Protein. It will help with weight loss, maintaining muscle mass and maybe even hair loss down the line. Also, what is your calorie intake? A lot of new patients aren't getting enough calories and that can cause stalls as well.

Good luck....you got this!

Edited by Dairymary

I'm so disappointed in my sleeve I lost 100 lbs I'm 10 months out I feel I'm not at my goal I must lose 55 more I don't feel my sleeve is working

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

100lbs in 10 months is incredible! You need to do the work - not your sleeve! If you are disappointed - then do something to keep losing. You still have your sleeve as a tool.

I'm so disappointed in my sleeve I lost 100 lbs I'm 10 months out I feel I'm not at my goal I must lose 55 more I don't feel my sleeve is working

I guess I don't understand how you think losing 100 pounds could possibly be disappointing? Took me 18 months to reach my goal, and I thought that was outstanding. What were you told to expect? If you want to reach goal, you need to keep eating on plan and it will happen. And in order to maintain that loss you STILL have to keep eating on plan. Unfortunately nothing glamorous or magical about it. Like Tim Gunn says, "make it work".

I've stalled at 7 months scale has yet to move

What does your diet look like.....Calories? Protein? Carbs? Fluids? Excercise routine? Are you measuring your portions and not grazing?

My nutritionist isn't that good I'm gonna do better I'm a lil sad so I was 327 im 226 today I think I'll start with 8 hundred calories per day I eat 4 oz eat meal and I'm gonna start hitting the gym . I was think about the 5 day pouch test

My nutritionist isn't that good I'm gonna do better I'm a lil sad so I was 327 im 226 today I think I'll start with 8 hundred calories per day I eat 4 oz eat meal and I'm gonna start hitting the gym . I was think about the 5 day pouch test

Sounds like a good plan. Make sure you are getting 60-80g Protein and at least 110oz of Water every day. Try and keep your carbs under 50g...some folks need to go even lower, but you may need more depending on how intense your workouts are.

I've heard the 5 day pouch test can help clear out carb cravings and reinforce your mental commitment. Good luck.