Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my surgery Dec. 4, 2013, age 58. I am now 61 and am the sexiest, most confident me I've ever been!

If I wasn't so private, i'd post my pictures. But damn...I'm digging me, look "hot", am confident, make eye contact, walk with my head up, speak to others and am enjoying the attention from men. Plus I no longer canvas the room to see if I'm the fattest woman there. Freedom!! It's all good!!!!

This week I was changing my clothes from summer to winter, and am ~frustrated that clothes I had altered last year are now, too big for me. Great news, yes; but more money...or I'll just get a friend to pin them and I'll sew them smaller.

VSG after 50...I vote YES.

54 and had sleeve and hiatal hernia surgeries on 9/27.

HW 245

Surgery day 230

CW 221

Had zero sleeve problems. Lots of shoulder and neck pain from the hernia surgery, but I pushed past it. Stayed in the hospital for 1 night. The nursing staff was floored by how quickly I was up walking and moving. I was motivated to not stay a second night.

I'm transitioning to puréed foods this weekend. Every step is a new adventure. I wouldn't have qualified or wanted the surgery 10 years ago, but I'm so glad it is giving me a good chance in the years ahead to be a healthy Senior. ☀️

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm 51 sleeved on Sept 26, 2016 I used a heating pad for my back pains the first week. No pains from the surgery tho, I feeling good walking around my feet don't hurt no more.

Sent from my LG-H631 using the BariatricPal App

51 here and had RNY on September 19th. I am having issues with finding a Protein shake I can drink. Everything seems too sweet now and I am struggling to get them down. I find a brand that seems okay and then a few days later I lose my taste for them. But, I will keep searching and I know it will work out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

Try genpro, no flavor and can be added to anything

52 here - sleeved on 9/26 - came home 9/27 - been doing good - other than being sick and tired of liquids - I want to chew.

Lost a good amount preparing for surgery - not seeing much weight change since surgery - not concerned yet - Going back to work Monday (desk job) will be challenging to keep fluids going

HW (1/1/2016) 291

SW (9/26/2016) 238

CW (10/7/2016) 234

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

sleeved at 52, no regrets except that I wish I had done it sooner!!!!

I am not textbook...I like to drink wine, but I behave and I love feeling like a human being. People acknowledge me, I am no longer ignored strictly because of my weight. I am very opinionated and out spoken, a b*tch,

Jane

I had my surgery Dec. 4, 2013, age 58. I am now 61 and am the sexiest, most confident me I've ever been!

If I wasn't so private, i'd post my pictures. But damn...I'm digging me, look "hot", am confident, make eye contact, walk with my head up, speak to others and am enjoying the attention from men. Plus I no longer canvas the room to see if I'm the fattest woman there. Freedom!! It's all good!!!!

This week I was changing my clothes from summer to winter, and am ~frustrated that clothes I had altered last year are now, too big for me. Great news, yes; but more money...or I'll just get a friend to pin them and I'll sew them smaller.

I so get the canvassing lol

Sent from my VFD 700 using the BariatricPal App

I so get the canvassing lol

I'm 54 and getting gastric B on the 14 the Dec,two days before my birthday

I so understand the canvassing thing. I'm so looking forward to my new me.

I'm 51. Had gastric sleeve on July 12. Felt pretty bad for a couple weeks. Took awhile longer for my energy level to get back up. I feel better than I have felt in years. I'm thinner than I have been in over 15 years. I still have a distance to go to get to goal it seems unbelievable that it is working. I have been on very strict regimen's in the past and couldn't take over about 30 pounds off. Very happy to have had the opportunity to do this. This is the first time I've had insurance that would actually cover my surgery while also being just heavy enough to qualify. Can't wait until I can actually be light on my feet and very active.

I'm 53! My paperwork has been sent to my insurance for approval. Surgery will be coming within the next month. Can't wait to join you bunch of losers. :D

54 years old. VSG 7/21/16. Do it without reservation! Down 45 pounds! SW 251.7 CW 205.5! Waiting for ONEDERLAND!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by carlaw

Was 60 when I had the sleeve, gallbladder removal and hernia repair on Jan 26th 2016. Best thing I ever did, wish it was available over 30 years ago.