Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Story surgery on Feb 23rd 2016, post op 381, today 219.

I have not taken the time to share my story, as a matter of fact I have still not changed my Facebook pictures, or the ones of me at work. food. I believe I had an actual addiction to food, the same as an addict, I didn't see it as an issue... But now I realize that I had a problem.

I eat to live now, instead of living to eat. The surgery helped by taking away the cravings, but I worry that if I reintroduce things like breads, fried foods, and other crap, I will develop the addiction again, just as if an alcoholic was to just have " 1 drink". It is a disease, with horrible side effects including low self confidence, depression, and humiliation.

I have made it my mission to find healthy foods, and replace all of my old favs, with healthy... And what I call, feel good foods. An FG food is one that I can eat comfortably, and they just basically feel good. :) for me, my list of items that I probably have a little of everyday would include... Chobani Flips. (190-210 cal, 12 gram protein)... These are my go to, if I haven't eaten in a while and am hungry, I can put this down a bit faster, and the size is pretty perfect for a meal. Love them all! Pickles- (0-5 cals) I love the spicy pickles, but I can eat them all. Pickles have become a regular snack in my life. Spears, slices, whatever, they all rock! Soup, soup, and more soup!!! My souls have been a huge part of my success. I make a huge crock of soup and it lasts me weeks. You can freeze some, but always have some in the fridge ready to microwave. I make a few varieties, but the basis is always the same. chicken broth base, cut with Water. Chicken or Cod fish, yep... I said fish! My family hates the smell of my "fish soup" but I loved it! However if you are not a big fish can just go with chicken. Vegetables- carrots, onions, mushrooms, kale, spinach, and even Brussels sprouts... Whatever you like :) and then I would spice it up with Cayenne and red pepper flakes, I even used Sriracha at times. This soup has been a staple for me since the 3rd month post, and I still make a lot here and there now. It was just great for me to grab a coffee cup, fill it, microwave it, and enjoy it.

I pushed myself to walk, and then I started "1 TED" lol. That means 1 thing every day. If it was parking in the back of the parking lot when at a store, or walking down the street and back when going to pick up the mail, I would just push to do 1 thing, which then would keep except use in the front of my mind.

Get an Apple Watch or Fitbit, make goals and hit them! What I learned is that we are capable of so much! When you are used to walking around with an additional 100 plus, your body has been working out for a long time. Now when the weight is gone, you still have that strong frame. Put it to work! I made some new friends that are athletic, I try and play Pickleball ( the game kicks ass, combo of tennis, volleyball, & ping pong) instead of cardio... I want to transition to a healthy lifestyle, not a 30 minute gym session that I won't be looking forward to.

Think of your weight loss as a super power, but only if you stick to the guidelines. This works for me, and I believe it to be a super power... Let me explain.

Since the weight loss, the world has been easier for me. I can go to an amusement park and get on the rides. I can fly on a plane and not need an extension. I can walk into a crowded bar and not start sweating my ass off! I can buy clothes at a normal store, and with actual brand names on them. I can tie my damn shoes, and without holding my breathe! I can sit in any chair, and not just the ones without sides... I can even sit in the plastic ones.

Woman treat me so differently! I am no longer just the funny guy... Even though I haven't changed! Life has just become much easier, much better, and much healthier, and I never want to go back, so I will continue to treat it as an addiction and will not look to be able to re introduce "everything" back into my eating habits, but instead I will work to find better foods. The nice thing about eating less, is that you can afford to buy smaller portions allowing for better quality foods. Take advantage of that! I always have almonds in the house, and I love veggie chips, especially the jalepeno, but now I grab a handful and walk away... If I want another handful, I will go get it at 30 cals, per handful, but I am going to force myself to get up and walk to the kitchen to get a handful :)

I feel so lucky to have had this surgery, and if I can help you in anyway let me know! I hope you have found this helpful, I know that writing it has helped me... So thanks!

post-301478-14754704774876_thumb.jpg post-301478-14754705656504_thumb.jpg

post-301478-14754714120234_thumb.jpg

post-301478-14754715002243_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by BobScott

Wow! That's awesome work, well done. Feeling encouraged by your post.

Keep it up ????

Wow! Hats off, man. I have had tremendous success pre-op, and I am hoping to mirror your success post-op. Best wishes as you continue your journey!

Thanks so much for the love:) We are in this together, as no one really understands the things we have gone through unless you have walked a few miles in our very large and stretched out shoes.lol. I am o thrilled with my new life, and wish the same for all of you. Let me know if you want any recipes, or ideas on exercise, or really anything at all :) also, please share high Protein, no carb recipes that "feel good". I am always looking for a new food to add to the list...

@@BobScott

you are unrecognizable in your amazing before and after pics

(first set of pics)

Ripley's Believe it or NOT?

would you mind posting your stats, measurements, height weight loss, etc

inquiry minds want to know ;)!!

hope you and everyone else has been patting you on your back

you deserve all those pats!!!!

keep up the great job

kathy

congrats

Sure @@proudgrammy!

So, i was 381 lbs on December 23rd 2015, heaviest was 391 but i go with the 381 because it was recorded at my docs... lol

i am 6ft tall and my shirt size was a 24 collar, 34/35 sleeve. I wore 3 and 4 XL t-shirts

My waste was 54 inches.

Surgery was on Feb 23rd. 2016 i weighed 375 the day of the surgery.

You just inspired me to add to my weight loss video, so i have updated this till today :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4lrhbdzzjy2puc/Bob%20at%20219.mp4?dl=0

I am now a 38 waist and that is a little big on me. :) An XL T-Shirt, and a 16 collar, dress shirt.

I am enjoying life again!!! I hope you are too :)

@@BobScott

thanx for your response

the last before and after pic is amazing

8 months PO - wow

you men!!! weight comes off quicker!! boooo :angry: ;)

it "looks" like you had gastric bypass back when

scar showing??

or is that something else

take care dude

kathy

congrats

What an inspiring story! Great work! :)

I'm so glad you're feeling so happy in life now. Yay! for the rest of your life. :D

Congrats on your transformation! Your hard work, paid off.