Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

time for the last touch

Well I got an appointment date of the 14th for some plastic work to be done around the mid section. I am not sure how it will go and I am a bit nervous as to if I will like the results or not. It may sound a bit self centered but I am hoping they take enough so I am happy with it after putting myself through it. I will do a before VGS and after plastic pics when it heals up a bit. Wish me luck!

Edited by Waler

Pre -Op from my TT I called the surgeon back. Between the one in surgery before me and me - He came back to my room and re-marked me as I was worried that when I leaned forwards the belly would still hang and be loose. He agreed and re-marked me and I am so glad he did.

So make sure you are happy pre-op and make sure he knows what you want - Yes they cannot do miracles (I think they can to be honest) and my PS said to have 'realistic expectations' but then he gave me the world - and more.....

Just make sure he knows what you want - You could take a picture with you of someone whose belly you like and show him what you are wanting, maybe.....

Oh and..... Importantly..... Wear a pair of the lowest cut panties! I did not do this and now that scar is not as low as I would like it... That is the only thing I would change if I could go back in time.....

Me not long after surgery... I think this was in approx Aug/Sept 2010...

120910-01_zps39f3108d.jpg

And me recently on 24 Aug 2015... (Excuse the marks from the elastic trousers lol)

belly%20aug%2015_zpsvpqjy6ft.jpg

My scar is still a bit raised - I did not massage the scar as well as I should have and also - I did not wear the Micropore tape as long as I would do now - Knowing so much more now than I did all those years ago.....

In another Op I wore the paper tape (Micropore tape) for 10-12 weeks and that scar is soooo much better than this one - So I would tell anyone who has a scar - KEEP that paper tape ON!

It supports the scar and stops it from stretching as much when healing..... You will be left with a much flatter and finer scar if you keep your paper tape on and also stay in compression garments for as long as you can - This is a one time journey you are making hopefully so to stay in compression for 10-12 weeks as it is an investment in the future you.....

:-) Good Luck - You will be fine - Keep those eyes on the prize and that prize is a New Youuuuuu! <3

Edited by Scamp

Here are some pics of my scars around 4 years post-TT. I had an extended TT (almost circumferential), but not the fleur de lis.

post-226192-0-46833100-1441311867_thumb.jpg
post-226192-0-60776400-1441311868_thumb.jpg
post-226192-0-89714600-1441311869_thumb.jpg
The last pic shows how underwear hides the scar completely. I have much skimpier underwear than that and it's still completely hidden.

Wow I hope mine goes that well. It may sound self centered but I just want it to look good and I am concerned they may not take enough. The Surgeon made the comment that he did not want it to be too tight, and wanted it to be a little loose so it heals well. I guess that is what is making me a bit nervous.

Wow I hope mine goes that well. It may sound self centered but I just want it to look good and I am concerned they may not take enough. The Surgeon made the comment that he did not want it to be too tight, and wanted it to be a little loose so it heals well. I guess that is what is making me a bit nervous.

Nothing wrong with wanting to look good. Anyone who says it isn't a consideration when having surgery is a big, fat liar.

Have you asked the surgeon for pictures of other patients who he left "a little loose?" The words aren't particularly encouraging, but seeing a few people after they've had a healing period may show you exactly what you do want. (I'm not suggesting that everyone has identical results, but you know that.)

Did you guys all have to self pay for the TT? Whats a ballbark for the cost?

Good Luck! ???? Can't wait to see the before and after pics !! I can't wait to get mine done. (I'm only 2 months post-op, so it won't be for awhile lol) Sending prayers for a safe and gentle surgery and recovery! XO

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I sure hope you have talked to your PS. I thought I had explained and ask him enough that he promised all that he would do. He said he would pull everything from the back to the front remove the excess skin he also told me that my FUBA would get pulled up also. Well I immediately started asking him ?'s he of course said it was the swelling. ( mind you I had a PANNILECTOMY) After I kept asking him he finally said that I was just blessed ( I call it a curse) with a layer of fat between my muscle and my skin. Now the skin was tight. He then told me not to stress because these surgeries are HAPPY SURGERY'S , mind you insurance paid for my Panni almost 100%. But not anything else. He removed 10 plus #'s. But then he said that he would give me a breast lift and Lipo for $6,000 to $7,000. I really wish he would have told me up front and while he did everything else he could have done the other and I would gladly have paid the extra. So make sure you get a muscle repair like the full Tummy Tuck. Now I am stuck with having things that he promised he would take care of and didn't. Plus I am 60 years old, had a severe reaction to the muscle relaxant they used so I am not real sure if I want to do another surgery.

Like @@shedo82773 said, you will definitely want muscle repair along with the panni. If you have had children or are "apple" shaped (store most of your fat in your stomach), then it is highly likely that fat UNDERNEATH your muscle has stretched it out (just like fat under your skin stretches your skin out) and the only way to repair that is to surgically tighten it up. You will not get as good results with a panni alone if your muscle fascia is stretched out.

@@WLSResources/ClothingExch Yes, that's me in the pictures I posted. Those are from one year post-sleeve and four years post-plastics. I actually am a rare case that had plastics BEFORE my sleeve. I had lost weight "on my own" and had plastics back in 2011. Unfortunately, I regained almost all the weight I'd lost by the summer of 2014, which is when I decided to have VSG. Luckily, my Tummy Tuck held up well through the weight regain and re-loss. My boobs, not so much. I'm going to have to have a revision for those eventually.

I did not have a muscle repair. Mainly because before that I had had hernia surgery and they could not repair the muscle as mesh was in the way etc..... I think the reason I had virtually no pain with my TT is because I did not have the muscle done - He tried but could not as I would have had a weird lump due to the mesh.

I hope you get the chance to talk to your PS and clarify what you want, and that you will come out the other side of this as happy as I am with mine :-)

Well good news and bad news at my pre-op appointment. The bad news was he moved my surgery date to the 21st of this month, but the really good news is I got him to look some more and explain a bit more and he basically told me what I was misinterpreting his "a little loose" comment is not what I took it to mean. After some clarification and showing me some pictures of ones he has done over his 20 years as a PS, I am ready to get this show on the road so to speak.

Starting to get a bit nervous and excited at the same time. Surgery at 830 Friday morning. I am leaving tomorrow as it is a long drive for me to get there. So hopping all goes well