Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has any ate any solid food during there 2 wk post opt diet?

I can not stand these Protein shakes any more I have gone on Water and crystal light for about 2 day but on my 8th post opt I took a piece more like a bite of chicken needless to say I chewed well but now I am panicking that I might hurt my sleeve however I do not have pain

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No, I didn't.

Anecdotally, at my first post-op nutrition class there were about 8 of us in the class. Everyone who ate off plan and didn't follow their program were miserable and experiencing problems. Everyone who followed their program were doing great. It made an impression on me.

No, never! I was on liquids for 2 weeks, then on purees for 2 weeks, then Soft/Mushy for 2 weeks, then finally on solids.

Even though I was sick of liquids, I stuck to the program, as I did not want to have any leaks, sepsis, peritonitis and major complications.

The first 4-6 weeks post op are crucial for the baby stomach to heal. After 6 months, the stomach is healed, but before that time, it is really important to follow your surgeon's instructions diligently.

Yes, calling your surgeon and talking about it is important. Just to be sure.

Good luck.

OzRoo, at least each of your phase is 2 weeks. Mine are 3 weeks each. Like, I'm in my pre-op diet now. I had to do 14 days of Clear Liquids, and I'm sick of Protein shakes

Sent from my TM101A550L using the BariatricPal App

@@ppressey24

Gosh, don't blame you ..... that is definitely tougher. I thought that 2 weeks on liquids post op were hard enough, and managed to get through it with gritted teeth and clenched fists ......

Yes, I was sick of Protein shakes too, and yet at the beginning I loved the chocolate and coffee ones. Towards the end of my 2 weeks I was really over the shakes too.

I ended up buying neutral flavour high Protein powder that I was adding to my Soups and V8 juice. I was drinking lot of broth at that stage. I was craving salty/savoury taste.

Good luck with your pre-op diet, hope it goes quickly for you.

Best wishes.

I'll be honest, I had lap band with plication and was meant to be on liquids for two weeks post surgery then mushy food for one week then solids. After one week of liquids I felt fine to eat solids, I trusted my body and I have been doing so for the past week. Mind you I'm not eating much and am chewing it down to mush but if anything it's given me more energy and I'm a lot happier. No issues whatsoever and I've lost 6kilos in less than two weeks.

Do what you think is right for you, I don't think moving to mushy food would harm you. You'll know if it doesn't sit right then stop.

I'll be honest, I had lap band with plication and was meant to be on liquids for two weeks post surgery then mushy food for one week then solids. After one week of liquids I felt fine to eat solids, I trusted my body and I have been doing so for the past week. Mind you I'm not eating much and am chewing it down to mush but if anything it's given me more energy and I'm a lot happier. No issues whatsoever and I've lost 6kilos in less than two weeks.

Do what you think is right for you, I don't think moving to mushy food would harm you. You'll know if it doesn't sit right then stop.

Trust your own body? :(

Trusting my own body got me to 264 pounds. The "I'm hungry" and the "I need food" signals were obviously broken or I never would have needed WLS in the first place. That, along with the inability to actually see inside my body to see how the healing is coming along told**ME** that it was a much better idea to trust my surgeon -- the guy I paid big bucks to and entrusted my LIFE to -- more than to trust myself.

But again, that's just me.

:)

I am currently waiting for insurance approval (fingers are crossed), but I know I would go by what my surgeon recommended to heal properly and to avoid unnecessary complications.

I am glad it worked out for you.

However advising another member to disregard their surgeon's post op instructions is downright dangerous!

How do you know that mushy foods won't harm her, 8 days post op?

Share your experiences but please do not give out advice like this to others. Only licensed medical professionals can do that.

There have been quite few stories of leaks, sepsis, peritonitis, serious complications and emergency surgeries and even deaths for some people who did not want to follow their surgical team's instructions.

This is a major surgery, and not following post op instructions can have dire consequences.

Better be safe than sorry!

I am currently waiting for insurance approval (fingers are crossed), but I know I would go by what my surgeon recommended to heal properly and to avoid unnecessary complications.

@@Niko*Oreo

Now this is a great example of mature and responsible attitude!

I hope you get approved soon. Best wishes :)

I never disobeyed my surgeons instructions one little bit pre or post op. The risk of complications just wasn't worth it. And I figured if I couldnt suck it up and do it "right" for just a few months, I had no business having a surgery and committing to a new way of eating for the rest of my life.

Please try to be more careful with your choices. Even when you are totally healed. Rationalizing poor choices is what leads to regain. A bite of chicken today (because I don't like Protein shakes), a box of Oreos tomorrow (because I am depressed)

Edited by Dairymary

Trust your own body? :(

Trusting my own body got me to 264 pounds. The "I'm hungry" and the "I need food" signals were obviously broken or I never would have needed WLS in the first place. That, along with the inability to actually see inside my body to see how the healing is coming along told**ME** that it was a much better idea to trust my surgeon -- the guy I paid big bucks to and entrusted my LIFE to -- more than to trust myself.

But again, that's just me.

:)

Amen.

Consider the sources here. Do you wanna listen to someone who had surgery this month or someone below goal years out?

I'm years out and below goal too. Followed my surgeons plan.