Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SLOW Loss (3-4 lbs per month)

I started on 7/13/16 with a BMI of 35.8, I'm 11 weeks out and at 32.5 (I've lost 17.6 lbs total). I know it goes slower for people with a lower BMI but this is VERY slow - like 3-4 lbs per month.

Anyone else go through this? I'm meeting my Protein and Water goals, exercising nearly every day...all is going well except that I get a little discouraged. Would love to hear some success stories from others who lost their weight extremely slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

well I am 7 months out and down almost 50 pounds. went faster some months and other months lost nothing. but guess what? 50 pounds off feels GREAT, and I am still loosing, so I will get there.

I just want to encourage you to control the things you can control, like becoming more healthy and active, keeping calories where they want them and fluid/protein goals. You will get there and astound yourself with your progress! these are the things that matter to your long term success anyway.

My BMI was 37.7 surgery day which was three weeks ago. Lost about 16 right away..first week post surgery and nothing since. Plus I've gotten my period twice ...ugh! Frustrating... hungry alot and have no issues eating...taste buds haven't changed, hunger still there, tolerating all foods and can drink about 5 good swallows of Water with no pain.

Sent from my XT1080 using the BariatricPal App

I started on 7/13/16 with a BMI of 35.8, I'm 11 weeks out and at 32.5 (I've lost 17.6 lbs total). I know it goes slower for people with a lower BMI but this is VERY slow - like 3-4 lbs per month.

Anyone else go through this? I'm meeting my Protein and Water goals, exercising nearly every day...all is going well except that I get a little discouraged. Would love to hear some success stories from others who lost their weight extremely slowly.

If you are exercising a lot, you may not be eating enough. Also, 65 grams of Protein seems really low. My surgeon's lowest recommendation is 80 grams and is mostly 100 grams.

What does your NUT suggest?

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

If you are exercising a lot, you may not be eating enough. Also, 65 grams of Protein seems really low. My surgeon's lowest recommendation is 80 grams and is mostly 100 grams.

What does your NUT suggest?

Embrace the Stall

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

My surgeon and Nutritionist suggest 65 grams of protein and 64 ounces of Water per day. I will increase it a bit and see if that helps. I struggle to even get to that goal though already

I looked at my chart today and noticed it's getting slower. My first month I lost 12 lbs, second month I lost 5.2 lbs and the third month I only lost 2! I'm trying to get in more than 65 grams of Protein now but wow.....

Yeah. That is slow. Are you sleeve or bypass?

Best way to up your Protein intake is to add more powder to your shake. For one scoop of a "flavored" powder, I add an additional half scoop of an unflavored, such as powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. So my shake goes from 24 to 35 g of Protein (that's using Water not milk. Milk increases the protein count, as well, but I HATE milky protein drinks!) Add one more shake at 24 g and you're at 59g protein for the day- and around 300 calories give or take. The rest you can get with your meats, dairy, or however you choose.

Remember. All Proteins are not created equally. Provided you don't have dietary restrictions, utilize a good whey PROTEIN ISOLATE based powder. Plant based are fine if you're vegan, but they are just not as readily utilized.

Consider eggs- two scrambled or poached eggs - that is 14 g of HIGH QUALITY protein and 150 cal. Now you're at 73g of protein for the day. A serving of Greek yogurt like Oikos Triple Zero adds ANOTHER 15g and 120 cal.

So now you're at 88g of protein for the day, and 570 cal. See how that works? You can get your protein requirements in and have room for some extra calories from things like almonds (plain!!) or some nut butters. Your veggies too.

Yeah. That is slow. Are you sleeve or bypass?

Best way to up your Protein intake is to add more powder to your shake. For one scoop of a "flavored" powder, I add an additional half scoop of an unflavored, such as unjury. So my shake goes from 24 to 35 g of Protein (that's using Water not milk. Milk increases the protein count, as well, but I HATE milky protein drinks!) Add one more shake at 24 g and you're at 59g protein for the day- and around 300 calories give or take. The rest you can get with your meats, dairy, or however you choose.

Remember. All Proteins are not created equally. Provided you don't have dietary restrictions, utilize a good whey PROTEIN ISOLATE based powder. Plant based are fine if you're vegan, but they are just not as readily utilized.

Consider eggs- two scrambled or poached eggs - that is 14 g of HIGH QUALITY protein and 150 cal. Now you're at 73g of protein for the day. A serving of Greek yogurt like Oikos Triple Zero adds ANOTHER 15g and 120 cal.

So now you're at 88g of protein for the day, and 570 cal. See how that works? You can get your protein requirements in and have room for some extra calories from things like almonds (plain!!) or some nut butters. Your veggies too.

I'm sleeved. Thanks for the protein advice. I started adding Protein Powder to my shakes now for the added protein and upped my Water intake. I think I'm starting to notice a difference. I go for my 3 month follow-up on Monday 10/31 so we'll see how it goes!