Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Denial was Overturned! [emoji28][emoji122]????[emoji322] Now What...

Called my insurance (UHC) because they had til Friday to give me an answer & they told me I AM APPROVED FOR SURGERY!!! yaaaaay!!! ???????????? FINALLY!!

But now after all my research and all my time I put in on this App (I've been off this app for like 3weeks cuz it was depressing that I was denied)....now I am back to square one wondering what my next steps are & what I need to prepare for surgery day & Post-OP!!

Ugh I know I'm being repetitive on asking what I need...but seriously if anyone has TIME or INPUT ...please feel free to respond to this! I'm assuming my surgery date will be by Halloween (cuz they told me once I'm approved it will be like 2-3wks then I'll be in surgery!)

So my question is: 1: what happens in the next couple of weeks (classes, PreOp screens, etc) ...2: What shld I pack for hospital...3: what all shld I stock up on at home for post op?

I was told there are no specific PreOp diets jst continue w/ meat/veggies/fruit diet...BUT ...I got discouraged & I basically was saying farewell to food at same time if that makes sense (I still had hope I'd get my ansr soon) & have been eating like I want for last couple of weeks (so I gained some weight bk) ... I mean I didn't eat too terribly (calories is main thing that wasn't overboard) ... But now I'm thinking ...maybe I shld jst do liquid PreOp diet that I've been reading everyone usually does for the next couple weeks til surgery jst to feel like I'm safe for shrinking my liver for surgery??? Thoughts??? Lmk....

#ReadyForThis!

Sent from m

Your best bet would be to contact your surgeon. She, or her team, will be able to tell you what she needs from you and schedule surgery. Congratulations!

Your best bet would be to contact your surgeon. She, or her team, will be able to tell you what she needs from you and schedule surgery. Congratulations!

Congratulations. Eat high lean Protein and low carb. Try to stay away from pastas, rice, bread, alcohol. Your liver needs to be pliable because the Dr is going to move it. Low carb will keep it soft.

Drink lots of Water especially the days closest to surgery. It will help flush the anesthesia.

For the hospital, I brought to much. In reality all I needed was toiletries, clean underwear and my cpap machine. I was in overnight, used hospital gowns and slippers, went home in the same clothes I went in.

Prep at home included 2 full Brita Water pitchers, premiere Protein shakes(for a week later), Crystal Light (too sweet for md), Vitamin Patches I ordered from PatchMD.com, Tylenol tablets and milk of magnesia. I never used the Tylenol or milk of M. I was given prescriptions for pain and naseau in the hospital and we filled them on the way home. Also a pillow for the way home, a small one to put between seatbelt and you.

The first day was tough, surgery at 9 a.m. I was walking by 5 30 and kept walking for about 20 minutes, rest for 30, walk for 20...... Took my pain meds like clock work to stay ahead of it. At home I stopped pain meds after day 2, with the exception of an additional one on a day I did too much. There's no lifting, vacuuming, walking dog according to Drs orders, remember the internal stitches. When home drink, walk, rest. I slept in my bed.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

Congratulations. Eat high lean Protein and low carb. Try to stay away from pastas, rice, bread, alcohol. Your liver needs to be pliable because the Dr is going to move it. Low carb will keep it soft.

Drink lots of Water especially the days closest to surgery. It will help flush the anesthesia.

For the hospital, I brought to much. In reality all I needed was toiletries, clean underwear and my cpap machine. I was in overnight, used hospital gowns and slippers, went home in the same clothes I went in.

Prep at home included 2 full Brita Water pitchers, premiere Protein shakes(for a week later), Crystal Light (too sweet for md), Vitamin Patches I ordered from PatchMD.com, Tylenol tablets and milk of magnesia. I never used the Tylenol or milk of M. I was given prescriptions for pain and naseau in the hospital and we filled them on the way home. Also a pillow for the way home, a small one to put between seatbelt and you.

The first day was tough, surgery at 9 a.m. I was walking by 5 30 and kept walking for about 20 minutes, rest for 30, walk for 20...... Took my pain meds like clock work to stay ahead of it. At home I stopped pain meds after day 2, with the exception of an additional one on a day I did too much. There's no lifting, vacuuming, walking dog according to Drs orders, remember the internal stitches. When home drink, walk, rest. I slept in my bed.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

Ty!! Yup wondered how the hospital stay & 1st couple of days home were gonna go...I am worried I won't be able to sleep in my bed, a few people said they had to sleep in recliners the 1st few days???

Sent from m

Did they tell you why you were denied?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

They said it was because my issues could be treated with meds?! From my understanding a generic denial just so they feel like they're not approving everyone???? Sigh...oh well a mild bump in the road ...now it's on! Can't wait!! ????

Sent from m

Also...what Vitamins do we take...PreOp? Postop? How much help shld I anticipate PostOp? My kids have school & my fiancé works, I'm usually the driver...so how long PostOp can we drive? How long can I anticipate pain during physical activity?

Sent from m

You need to talk to your Dr office about that. I was told multi plus patch from patchmd.com. everybody's Vitamins needs are different. They have many other kinds too.

@@Mysticpink74

I am absolutely thrilled for you! I would bet you are on cloud 9 tonight. Congratulations! Isn't it weird how excited we get when we get approved? Its like a new lease on life. I know it was that way for me. I did not even get nervous about the surgery, for me it was like christmas morning.

In terms of next steps, you definately need to talk with your surgeons office for advice what Vitamins to take. Every surgeon is different and honestly some of the Vitamins have everything to do with your current health.

Honestly I would not do a liquid diet unless i was told to. I would however go back to a high Protein, low carb until surgery. That is of course unless your surgeon tells you to do a liquid diet.< /p>

Looking forward to hearing from you as your surgery gets closer and wish you all the best!

@Mysticpink74. I found that the best Vitamins were opurity chewable gastric bypass vitamins. Approx $39 for 90 days. Also by Calcium supplements and B12 (little pills).

As far as Protein Drinks. Premier Protein was the best. vanilla chocolate. strawberry or banana. Since you will be living with these two weeks before and two weeks after by a case of your favorite flavor and get use to them. They are 30 grams Protein. You will need 60-90 grams a day

For variety buy Ujury chicken Soup (20 grams protein). And Ujury unflavored Protein Powder. This allows you to have homemade chicken soup broth and add 20 grams of tasteless protein to it

Final tip. You need very little at hospital Toiletries under garment and nightgown. Everything you forget will be supplied. Just remember to drink walk and drink ASAP even if you are tired. Best of luck

@Mysticpink74. I found that the best vitamins were OPURITY CHEWABLE gastric bypass vitamins. Approx $39 for 90 days. Also by calcium supplements and B12 (little pills).

As far as protein drinks. PREMIER Protein was the best. vanilla chocolate. Strawberry or banana. Since you will be living with these two weeks before and two weeks after by a case of your favorite flavor and get use to them. They are 30 grams protein. You will need 60-90 grams a day

For variety buy Ujury chicken soup (20 grams protein). And Ujury unflavored protein powder. This allows you to have homemade chicken soup broth and add 20 grams of tasteless protein to it

Final tip. You need very little at hospital Toiletries under garment and nightgown. Everything you forget will be supplied. Just remember to drink walk and drink ASAP even if you are tired. Best of luck

@Mysticpink74. I found that the best vitamins were OPURITY CHEWABLE gastric bypass vitamins. Approx $39 for 90 days. Also by calcium supplements and B12 (little pills).

As far as protein drinks. PREMIER Protein was the best. vanilla chocolate. Strawberry or banana. Since you will be living with these two weeks before and two weeks after by a case of your favorite flavor and get use to them. They are 30 grams protein. You will need 60-90 grams a day

For variety buy Ujury chicken soup (20 grams protein). And Ujury unflavored protein powder. This allows you to have homemade chicken soup broth and add 20 grams of tasteless protein to it

@Mysticpink74. I found that the best Vitamins were opurity chewable gastric bypass vitamins. Approx $39 for 90 days. Also by Calcium supplements and B12 (little pills).

As far as Protein drinks. Premier Protein was the best. vanilla chocolate. strawberry or banana. Since you will be living with these two weeks before and two weeks after by a case of your favorite flavor and get use to them. They are 30 grams protein. You will need 60-90 grams a day

For variety buy Ujury chicken Soup (20 grams protein). And Ujury unflavored protein powder. This allows you to have homemade chicken soup broth and add 20 grams of tasteless protein to it

Thank you all

Sent from m

I'm jst starting a YouTube chnnl & I'm going to take videos as much as I can throughout the process....one: for something to look back on for motivation when I hit "stalls" & two: so others who have many questions can at least see what I'm going through...

I put up a "test video" last night...jst because...but I am going to start documenting my PreOp visits, shopping for things I'll need postop, my actual surgery date (film as much as I can in the hospital), post op (pain & water/food/vitamin intake) etc....

If anyone wants to watch or follow: look for ..."BariatricGirl 4life" under R&Y intro (I think)... more to come!!

Also have a FB Acct under that name if want to add or follow ????

Sent from m