Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Talk to me about purees...

With any luck, I'll be on to purees this weekend. How, exactly, do I make purees? I can't tolerate the idea of baby food meats- couldn't even feed them to my daughter when she was a baby. They made me gag just to heat them up! What kinds of things do you puree? Do you just throw food in the blender, or do you use some kind of liquid with it (stock?). I hear people talk about refried Beans with cheese and sour cream; is that at the puree stage or the soft food stage. Same with chili- can you puree it, or is that also a soft food? I know I can have scrambled eggs and cottage cheese, but do those have to go through the blender also? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I need to know too!!! Help you guys

if you look up shellys ricotta bake that is good for puréed stage. pinterest for puréed wls recipes. idk what your program allows mine allows melba toast and tuna (canned chicken as well) soft poached eggs. you should look over what food they suggest. i think i'm my book i can also have white fish cooked and broken up.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Beans you can have they are mush.

scrambled eggs and cottage cheese do not need to go in a blender. sorry read that after i answered lol

I though we had to stay away from Beans because of the carbs?

My doctor only said to stay away from Beans because of gas, he said other wise they are fine blended up.

My doctor only said to stay away from Beans because of gas, he said other wise they are fine blended up.

sorry i was referring to refried beans, your going to eat so little the carbs don't matter right now

If you look at the blod "the world according to eggface" (she's the lady that came up with the ricotta bake recipe) she has a whole post devoted to the puree stage.

Refried Beans are fine. If you have chili - puree it, when you get to soft foods you can have it whole.

Things I had: tuna or canned chicken or salmon blended with a little plain nonfat greek yogurt. Those flavored tuna pouches are great for this!

ricotta bake, refried Beans, small curd cottage cheese - no need to puree, just chew really really well, and greek yogurt

because you are only blending small amounts of foods, I used what is called a mini chopper - looks like a teeny tiny food processor, and you can pick them up for about $15. http://www.target.com/p/black-decker-1-5-cup-mini-food-chopper/-/A-12705256?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=bing_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Appliances%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Appliances_Kitchen+Mix&LID=700000001230728pbs&network=s&device=c&querystring&gclid=[*GCLID*]&gclsrc=ds

@@leebick Refried Beans with cheese (and sour cream) don't have to be pureed - they are the right consistency already. I would blend chili though. I refuse to puree meats too - and my plan suggests drinking Protein shakes during this time and not expecting to get Protein from the purees. You could have hummus, blended/cream Soups (no Pasta or rice though), cottage cheese, yogurt, egg salad, ricotta bake, mexican dip bake, buffalo chicken dip bake (use the canned chicken and blend it first),

@@heidikat72, @@KristenLe Thank you both so much- this is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to find. I already have the small chopper, so I'm all set there. So I don't have to puree/blend cheese into things or egg salad, just meats? I adore buffalo chicken dip and have always said the best way to eat it is from a spoon, so YAHOO!! I can have certain veggies, so I think I'll overcook them, add chicken stock, and then puree.

Thank you everyone. Guides are great ideas. Does anyone have the recipe for the buffalo chicken dip? Mexican dip? Thank you this really helps

Just reread. Guides was supposed to be "these". How do I find the blog? Thanks.

I found the blog[emoji4]