Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got my shipment of GENEPRO Protein Powder after reading a lot of reviews and posts on here about it! I had a TERRIBLE experience with the Proteinx that they gave me in the hospital (it's liquid unflavored protein) so I was skeptical to say the least. Turns out I mixed it in my Greek yogurt and actually enhanced the delicious strawberry cheesecake flavor!

Anyone have any great ways they sneak their Genepro into their food or tips? About to hit the purée stage so any ideas would be welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I use it in cottage cheese, greek yogurt, and cream of wheat. I notice it subtly changes the taste of the cream of wheat, but I don't notice it at all in the others.

@@Clarevoyant OH yes, smoothies hide it entirely! I'm not supposed to do smoothies anymore, but when I could they were amazing!!

I put it in a small glass of V8. Great! I make a Protein Shake once a day, adding silk almond milk, 1/2 vanilla yogurt, ice, GENEPRO and SF Hershey's cocoa powder.

I find the best way to prepare GENEPRO is to make sure the lid is on tightly and then chuck it in the trash. The makers of that stuff are about as shady as they come. They say their magical process reduces the size of Protein molecules! In their own words:

This process allows for immediate absorption/uptake into the system which bypasses the intestinal digestive system by 94% (compare this to whey Isolate that has an absorption rate of only 31% - making GENEPRO more than three times more effective than any other Protein on the market).

They are saying their 10g of special protein is equivalent to 30g whey.< /p>

I believe this says it best about Genepro:

I'm going to use the figure given here for the mean density of proteins:

1.22 g/cm3 is the mean density of Proteins they get; the range though is no higher than 1.57 g/cm3.
Let us assume for the sake of argument that this product is pure protein, and instead of being a powder it's a perfectly packed solid material (i.e. no air between powder particles).
We know 1 tablespoon=14.79 cm3.
Therefore, 1 tablespoon of protein should have 18.04 g of protein (in a perfect situation where there's nothing else in the mix, which is basically impossible).
To give some comparison, the density of Water is 1 g/cm3, and let's just say for ease that 1 tablespoon=15 g/cm3. For a tablespoon of that protein to contain 30 g of protein, it should feel twice as heavy as tablespoon of Water.< /div>
To be 30 grams of protein, the density would need to be at least 2.03 g/cm3. Pure aluminium is somewhat close for reference, at 2.70 g/cm3.

Long story short, they are selling lies. Most likely they are selling BCAA's and calling it protein. Do yourself a favor and buy a reputable protein brand. Gold Standard is good brand. There are so many manufacturers that lie on their labels, you almost have to look them up and see how many lawsuits they have against them before you buy!

If their process was true, every other maker out there would be following suit because it is such a cutthroat business. The fact that most retail chains refuse to carry it is evidence of the company's reputation.

I have just bought it, a Chemist here mentioned it. I think I need a Chemist to decipher it.

I find the best way to prepare GENEPRO is to make sure the lid is on tightly and then chuck it in the trash. The makers of that stuff are about as shady as they come. They say their magical process reduces the size of Protein molecules! In their own words:

This process allows for immediate absorption/uptake into the system which bypasses the intestinal digestive system by 94% (compare this to whey isolate that has an absorption rate of only 31% - making GENEPRO more than three times more effective than any other Protein on the market).

They are saying their 10g of special protein is equivalent to 30g whey.< /p>

I believe this says it best about Genepro:

>

I'm going to use the figure given here for the mean density of proteins:

1.22 g/cm3 is the mean density of Proteins they get; the range though is no higher than 1.57 g/cm3.
Let us assume for the sake of argument that this product is pure protein, and instead of being a powder it's a perfectly packed solid material (i.e. no air between powder particles).
We know 1 tablespoon=14.79 cm3.
Therefore, 1 tablespoon of protein should have 18.04 g of protein (in a perfect situation where there's nothing else in the mix, which is basically impossible).
To give some comparison, the density of Water is 1 g/cm3, and let's just say for ease that 1 tablespoon=15 g/cm3. For a tablespoon of that protein to contain 30 g of protein, it should feel twice as heavy as tablespoon of Water.< /div>
To be 30 grams of protein, the density would need to be at least 2.03 g/cm3. Pure aluminium is somewhat close for reference, at 2.70 g/cm3.

Long story short, they are selling lies. Most likely they are selling BCAA's and calling it protein. Do yourself a favor and buy a reputable protein brand. Gold Standard is good brand. There are so many manufacturers that lie on their labels, you almost have to look them up and see how many lawsuits they have against them before you buy!

If their process was true, every other maker out there would be following suit because it is such a cutthroat business. The fact that most retail chains refuse to carry it is evidence of the company's reputation.

Not going to get into a debate about chemistry. I do that enough at work, but the weight argument is actually moot. There are scientific and clinical studies that have shown that when whey protein isolate is consumed along with ProHydrolase, amino acid concentrations in the blood increase by 20%, compared to consuming whey protein alone. I believe Genepro mention this on their product page and about the bio-availability is comparable to 30g of protein.

There are several protein products that are involved in class actions, and Genepro, despite all of its competitors complaining about them hasn't been sued for product misrepresentation so until then, I'll continue buying the product because my labs suggest that I am getting my protein (Albumin/Globulin/Total protein blood test).

Just my two cents.

@@Sai, thanks for the argument. Mine is on order, and I would have been greatly disappointed to find out that it's not all it's cracked up to be. Glad you are reaching your Protein goals, and I hope this is something that will help me reach mine!

@@kimini Thank you. Yeah, I love the product because before the sleeve, I had a band since 2008, and it was often way too tight :( and I couldn't get any solids down for months, just Soup. I was desperate because my total Protein... etc. was poor and I can't handle normal Protein shakes they are far too sweet for me. I started GENEPRO as practically my sole Protein source during that time, and since then my protein labs are perfect (yay).

SAI! Thank you!!!

@ Thank you ^^ and you're very welcome.

I think I'll go make some coffee with creme with a tablespoon of GENEPRO. :D Have a great day all!