Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling regretful

I had my surgery on the 14 of September this year. Know that I am miserable. I am hungry a lot but won't eat. The Premier Protein shakes is causing my hands and feet to itch and I now have lots of bumps on my face. I can't sleep good at night, I'm normally a person who sleeps on my stomach but I have to sleep on my back which is so uncomfortable. I have pain in my right side, I'm just depressed and feeling I made a mistake. An words of wisdom and comfort is welcomed. On my surgery date I weighed 353 I am now 337 and I been 337 since last Tuesday I feel the weight not coming off. I'm just a wreck right now

Yani

Good grief!! You've lost 16 pounds in just 2 weeks. When could you have EVER done that on your own?? Can't sleep on your back? Try your side; maybe sleep in a lazy boy for a while. I did for 2 weeks post op. Hunger? Well, keep pumping in the Water. Itch from one Protein shake? Try a different one. Isopure (can get at a health food store) is a great option. Don't buy the powder. Start with the bottled stuff in case you don't like it. Be sure to get the one that's carb free. You've made a MAJOR change in your life. Of course it will be an adjustment. But post at the end of one month and I bet you'll feel so different!! Hang in there. Be strong. Know that you did a good thing for yourself and things will get better each and every day!!! Don't hesitate to reach out to your Dr. and healthcare team if you need to. Good luck!

@@Tyani It's common to feel miserable in the first few weeks. Your hormones are all out of whack (probably the cause of breakouts on face). Find a different Protein Shake or drink - there's so many options- don't stay with one if it's causing issues. Stay hydrated - you will feel horrible if you don't. It could be dehydration causing some of your issues. Your weight loss is excellent- many gain weight the first week or do after surgery due to all of the fluids and swelling. You are right at the time of the 3rd week stall. Just keep getting Protein and fluids and you'll feel much better. Look at what Vitamins you are taking- Biotin can cause skin issues/breakouts. Take measurements and if the scale isn't moving - you're most likely losing inches. Stay strong!

I forgot to mention that you should be taking a PPI. It may be stomach acid mimicking hunger. Drinking plenty of fluids will help too. Go for a walk - the endorphins will fight the hormones and make you feel better emotionally.

You definately cannot be feeling actual hunger. This is because they severed the part of your stomach that holds the hunger hormone and it takes several months before that grows back.

That being said, what is likely causing your feeling of hunger could be dehydration or you may need a PPI for the first month post op while your tummy heals.

These issues are likely adding to your feelings of regret. For most of us those first 3 to 6 weeks are the toughest as you figure out how to get your Protein and Water in. Once you figure that out, you start to feel better and the weight comes off faster.

Dont lose faith, simply pull up your bootstraps and move yourself forward, things will get better. Give it time.

And by the way....how much weight were you expecting to drop in 2 weeks? You are doing exceptionally well.

Good grief!! You've lost 16 pounds in just 2 weeks. When could you have EVER done that on your own?? Can't sleep on your back? Try your side; maybe sleep in a lazy boy for a while. I did for 2 weeks post op. Hunger? Well, keep pumping in the Water. Itch from one Protein shake? Try a different one. Isopure (can get at a health food store) is a great option. Don't buy the powder. Start with the bottled stuff in case you don't like it. Be sure to get the one that's carb free. You've made a MAJOR change in your life. Of course it will be an adjustment. But post at the end of one month and I bet you'll feel so different!! Hang in there. Be strong. Know that you did a good thing for yourself and things will get better each and every day!!! Don't hesitate to reach out to your Dr. and healthcare team if you need to. Good luck!

Very good you are so right

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I thank you so much . I have been trying my recliner but my middle back starts to hurt. But I like what you said, what I got from your message was stop complaining and be greatful. Thank you @@rte837

Yani

@@Tyani It's common to feel miserable in the first few weeks. Your hormones are all out of whack (probably the cause of breakouts on face). Find a different Protein shake or drink - there's so many options- don't stay with one if it's causing issues. Stay hydrated - you will feel horrible if you don't. It could be dehydration causing some of your issues. Your weight loss is excellent- many gain weight the first week or do after surgery due to all of the fluids and swelling. You are right at the time of the 3rd week stall. Just keep getting Protein and fluids and you'll feel much better. Look at what Vitamins you are taking- Biotin can cause skin issues/breakouts. Take measurements and if the scale isn't moving - you're most likely losing inches. Stay strong!

@@KristenLe Thank you I will consider the Biotin, I figure it was a medication I was taking but the nurse said she know it's the Protein shakes. I try I really do to keep fluids in me, how often should I make myself drink? Because I just am drained , sleepy all the time tired not walking I just feel so mad at myself. I know I should be greatful , forgive me for complaining but can I tell the truth you know. This is how I feel. I never had surgery a day in my life never been put to sleep and I'm like what did you do?

Yani

You definately cannot be feeling actual hunger. This is because they severed the part of your stomach that holds the hunger hormone and it takes several months before that grows back.

That being said, what is likely causing your feeling of hunger could be dehydration or you may need a PPI for the first month post op while your tummy heals.

These issues are likely adding to your feelings of regret. For most of us those first 3 to 6 weeks are the toughest as you figure out how to get your Protein and Water in. Once you figure that out, you start to feel better and the weight comes off faster.

Dont lose faith, simply pull up your bootstraps and move yourself forward, things will get better. Give it time.

And by the way....how much weight were you expecting to drop in 2 weeks? You are doing exceptionally well.

@@Djmohr Thank you I will put my big girl panties on and do what I need to do for my health. I needed this vent because I'm home alone when my husband is at work and that's exactly what I feel alone. My doctor said as you said it's the hormones

Yani

I felt the same way at your point. I am now almost 7 weeks and feel sooooo much better. It is probably stomach acid making you feel hungry- I felt like that and was horrified :) and also the Water is so important. One day I felt so badly I was scared and when I went to the bathroom I saw my urine was Brown drank lots of Water and felt so much better . Promise it gets better--- and soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow do I remember those days.. I am 6 weeks out and this is the first full week of feeling human again. Eating is a challenge but Im getting there. I PROMISE you it gets better. I had several days I cried and asked why did I do this.. well I did it because Im Obese and wasnt losing enough with conventional ways.. I am down 46 pounds since my pre surgrical diet.. I feel different I can bend down and tie my shoe without being out of breath, I can walk a real walk not just to the end of the drive without being exhausted. I know its hard in the beginning I was just there a few weeks ago and already there is a huge difference IT GETS BETTER

Oh wow do I remember those days.. I am 6 weeks out and this is the first full week of feeling human again. Eating is a challenge but Im getting there. I PROMISE you it gets better. I had several days I cried and asked why did I do this.. well I did it because Im Obese and wasnt losing enough with conventional ways.. I am down 46 pounds since my pre surgrical diet.. I feel different I can bend down and tie my shoe without being out of breath, I can walk a real walk not just to the end of the drive without being exhausted. I know its hard in the beginning I was just there a few weeks ago and already there is a huge difference IT GETS BETTER

Thank you so much I just have to get this 64 ounces of Water in me a day like the Doctor wants , now that's hard for me

Yani

I felt the same way at your point. I am now almost 7 weeks and feel sooooo much better. It is probably stomach acid making you feel hungry- I felt like that and was horrified :) and also the Water is so important. One day I felt so badly I was scared and when I went to the bathroom I saw my urine was Brown drank lots of Water and felt so much better . Promise it gets better--- and soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you yes that's another issue is getting the recommended water I am to get. I'm only doing 30 ounces a day if that sometimes. But I guess I got to force myself to drink more but than I get this horrible pain when I do keep sipping

Yani

Lots of good wisdom already shared. I'm on post op day 28 and pretty much a newbie when it comes to the sleeve but I do want to share with you about something I experienced. I was constantly "hungry" for awhile which confused me till I researched why. On day 16 or 17, my hunger suddenly dropped off. It was when the swelling in my stomach went down. As someone already explained, a swollen/healing stomach plus the excess acid your stomach produces due to being downsized by 80% mimics hunger. Now I'm so much more comfortable "hunger" wise.

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App