Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I only told my mom and dad and My Boss at my job..Not a secret just don't want them to know because I don't have time for the negative things...So once I take leave from work I will simply say..I am having a procedure done..

WHAT YALL THINK!!!!Don't like people all in my business..

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I think that's fine, and what kind of procedure you are having is not any of their business.

I do think it's a bad idea to lie at work -- I mean flat out lie -- because likely people will eventually figure out that you have had weight loss surgery, whether you tell them or not, and if they think you lied about it, they might start thinking of you as a dishonest person in general. So be prepared with what you might say if people ask you:

--what procedure are you having?

--did you have weight loss surgery?

etc.

It is not any bodies buisness. I have not told very many people. When I am scheduled I am going to say the same thing. I am having a procedure done. It's personal.

Leave it at that.

Wishing you the best.

Cocoon to Butterfly

I was sleeved on 9/6. I simply told my co-workers and boss that I was having "surgery". Since I have been back to work, I have only had one co-worker ask me flat out what I went in for. I told her I had weight loss surgery, but that I would appreciate it if she would keep that to herself. She told me I looked good, and that was that. I had not planned on telling anyone, but did not want to lie either.

It is not any bodies buisness. I have not told very many people. When I am scheduled I am going to say the same thing. I am having a procedure done. It's personal.

Leave it at that.

Wishing you the best.

Cocoon to Butterfly

Yes.....Thank you!!'

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

We never even tod anyone we were having a procedure. Just moved on with life as we dieted. Life is so simple for us as a result.

I think that's fine, and what kind of procedure you are having is not any of their business.

I do think it's a bad idea to lie at work -- I mean flat out lie -- because likely people will eventually figure out that you have had weight loss surgery, whether you tell them or not, and if they think you lied about it, they might start thinking of you as a dishonest person in general. So be prepared with what you might say if people ask you:

--what procedure are you having?

--did you have weight loss surgery?

etc.

I agree with the not lying part, but I disagree with the likelihood of people figuring it out. I am 3+ years out, 112lbs down and no one that I did not choose to tell knows more than the fact that I eat a diet much like Atkins and I move my a$$ a lot.

Only one person asked me out right if I had WLS and my response was simply, "What a personal question! You probably did not intend to be nearly as rude as you came across." My tone clearly invited no further discussion and no further discussion occurred.

If I were to tell people I was having a procedure and they asked what kind, I would simply tell them it was very personal. Nothing else needs to be said. But I never told people that part, either.

Only one person asked me out right if I had WLS and my response was simply, "What a personal question! You probably did not intend to be nearly as rude as you came across." My tone clearly invited no further discussion and no further discussion occurred.

If I were to tell people I was having a procedure and they asked what kind, I would simply tell them it was very personal. Nothing else needs to be said.

I love this!

I had intended to tell people when asked that it was surgery to take care of an ongoing issue - but I was kind of stunned that someone asked me outright.

Wait! You STILL want to know about my procedure even though I told you it was private? OK!

Every time I cough, I fart glitter. It's jamming up my vacuum cleaner.

Every time my partner and I have sexy time, my genie clamps down hard on his dickie-do and we have to call 911. The emergency operators chipped in to fund this.

Every time I sneeze, I O! It's great but with my allergies, it's dangerous when I drive.

Every time some asks me a personal question, I have an overwhelming desire to eat their face. Clearly I'm not starving.

:)

If your coworkers are being too noisy, ask them to quiet down.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Someone that i met on here we befriended each other on fb. The other night she posted a new pic and i got it mixed up and thought the pic was posted on this page and i mentioned something about her being beautiful with or without surgery and boy, i woke up this morning to being cussed out on my page because she hadnt told anyone she had surgery. I tried to explain the mix up and that it wasnt done maliciously but i was still cussed out. I just feel bad because i dont know her situation and i feel like i outed her from something she wasnt ready to explain to people.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I dont think even if i thought it i wouldnt walk up to someone and asked them did they have wls. Unless we were friends. Now, if ive known you forever and know ylu have been tbis size forever and 4 months later, youre a size 2, its either 1 or 2 things. Youve had Wls, or youre really really sick. Its not so taboo like it use to be, and hell, even if it was, id just simply tell that person to mind their own business

Someone that i met on here we befriended each other on fb. The other night she posted a new pic and i got it mixed up and thought the pic was posted on this page and i mentioned something about her being beautiful with or without surgery and boy, i woke up this morning to being cussed out on my page because she hadnt told anyone she had surgery. I tried to explain the mix up and that it wasnt done maliciously but i was still cussed out. I just feel bad because i dont know her situation and i feel like i outed her from something she wasnt ready to explain to people.

I'd be pretty ticked, too. EEEEEK!! Malicious or not, that's a huge mix up.

I told everyone at work when I started the weight loss journey. Everyone has supported me throughout the pre-op diet and have been super encouraging about the surgery yesterday. I am taking 6 weeks off work to recover and adjust to my new diet, so I would have had to be honest to justify that kind of time off.

Told mine I was having hernia surgery. Not a lie......just not the entire truth. Didn't even tell my boss. I don't want to risk a gossip leak. (U can't trust anyone with juicy gossip)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App