Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved last Thursday so tomorrow will be one week. I gained 8 pounds from the hospitalization (IV fluids). I finally lost those 8 pounds of Fluid but have only lost one additional pound. I read about people losing a lot of weight in the first week and am concerned with my lack of weight loss. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any input.

The only thing you are doing wrong is weighing yourself too soon. Your body just went through major trauma and weight loss is not going to happen in any sort of orderly fashion. Stay off the scale (SERIOUSLY) for at least a few weeks more and just focus on healing and getting your post-op program down right. You are going to drive yourself nuts if you are already stressing over weight loss at less than a week out.

I did do a pre op diet and lost 14 pounds. So I'm down 15 total since Sept 8th. I just thought that since I've been having less than 400 calories a day for a week now that the scale would have moved. It seems like others have lost weight the first week so it just concerns me. Although now that I think about it more, it's coming up on my TOM so that could very well be the reason. I am not getting all of my fluids but am close. Yesterday I had 50 oz but need to get to 64 oz. I am getting all of my Protein in. I am walking but could probably step that up a little. I'm just really tired. Thanks for the input.

I'm in the same position as you. Where week 1 post op lost a good amount 8lbs now I feel like a stand still week 2. I know I'm not getting enough Water so maybe I'll work on that a see it thing change for the better but it extremely frustrating and a little scary

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved last Thursday so tomorrow will be one week. I gained 8 pounds from the hospitalization (IV fluids). I finally lost those 8 pounds of Fluid but have only lost one additional pound. I read about people losing a lot of weight in the first week and am concerned with my lack of weight loss. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for any input.

I'm in the same situation as you @hopefulinvirginia. Its normal...My surgery was 9/22. I gained 10 lbs from surgery. I have lost 8 lbs of that. I know it's from the fluids, gas and being swollen. I'm being patient because I have my eyes on the PRIZE!!!

I did do a pre op diet and lost 14 pounds. So I'm down 15 total since Sept 8th. I just thought that since I've been having less than 400 calories a day for a week now that the scale would have moved. It seems like others have lost weight the first week so it just concerns me. Although now that I think about it more, it's coming up on my TOM so that could very well be the reason. I am not getting all of my fluids but am close. Yesterday I had 50 oz but need to get to 64 oz. I am getting all of my Protein in. I am walking but could probably step that up a little. I'm just really tired. Thanks for the input.

Keep drinking and walking and read this article: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-/womens-health/in-depth/water-retention/art-20044983 - I teach all this stuff to paramedic students lol

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App