Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am only 4 weeks post op, but I think my carbs are entirely too low. I also do not think I am eating enough. What are some good carbs you guys are eating?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm almost 10 weeks post op and I only get 10-15 NET carbs. I gain weight and experience cravings if I eat carbs. Everyone's surgeon & NUT are different, but mine doesn't have us eating carbs until 3 months out. Protein first & then veggies if there's room. There's never room for carbs in my tummy if I want to hit my Protein goals. What does your NUT say? What is your protein goal?

He didn't tell me anything about carbs at all. He just focused on Protein. But yet at my early stages, I could have yogurt and creamed Soups, they have carbs. My net carbs are very low. I was wondering if thats the norm. Thanks so much for your info!

I am only 4 weeks post op, but I think my carbs are entirely too low. I also do not think I am eating enough. What are some good carbs you guys are eating?

Non-starchy vegetables

Fresh fruit

oatmeal

Quinoa

I have done low-carb for my entire six-month diet before surgery and I've lost 99 pounds so far! After my surgery tomorrow, I am going to adhere to my low-carb regiment (15-20 per day) as I progress through the stages. I talked to my nutritionist about it and she agreed that I need to stick to that plan since it works for me (and low carb options are available at each stage).

To each his/her own on this one, but carbs don't work for me. I am addicted to them, and it is a slippery slope when dealing with them (even in moderation)...

Non starchy vegetables ( no potatoes, pumpkin, corn) such as: zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, bok choy

No bread, Pasta, rice

fruit

Lean Protein

Healthy crisps like Ryvita or Cruskits

Chobani yoghurt with 1/4 grated apple, vanilla essence and bit of cinnamon

I put cream and cottage cheese on my crisps, plus lately bit of coleslaw salad on top.

At 3 months post op I am told to avoid sugar flour rice I don't count carbs I weigh my food and choose Protein first then. --a low carb fruit or a colorful veg; sometimes whole grain or nuts

First couple of months i was told to watch Protein and Water then try to do mushy meals that were very low carb.

I count carbs during the week, and try to be reasonable on the weekend but definitely splurge more then. My ideal is in the 50-90 carbs a day range, which is lower carb but not low carb. I will lose weight more rapidly if I more tightly restrict my carbs, but I don't feel as vibrant, and I find it harder to sustain. I have always gained weight back after low-carb diets. Most of my carbs come from fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. I do allow for once snack a day, like a lemon bar from Trader Joe's that has nine carbs of tart deliciousness. :)

I don't watch my carbs at all.. I did at first when I started my journey but I ended up blacking out and rushed to the hospital where I was advised I NEEDED to eat carbs. Since then I have been eating complex carbs, or carbs from fruit. I don't eat bread, rice, potatoes or Pasta.. Ever. I've lost 80 pounds in 5 months.

I count them (myFitnessPal), but I don't have a set carb limit or goal. My doc said if I get all of my Protein in at this point (6 weeks out) you pretty much can't overdo the other macronutrients. She wants me to focus on choosing nutrient dense foods (healthy foods) high in Protein and says the rest will sort it self. I'm ending up with 60-90g of carbs a day.

I would say that I did Atkins once pre surgery, I wanted to murder people for bread. I don't have that same feeling of loss or need for carbs now, at least not so far.