Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can I do to help with my tiredness?

I struggled with fatigue for a couple months post op. Your body is adjusting, you aren't getting many calories etc.

My only advice (because I've only recently gotten to the point where I have more energy)

Make sure you are getting plenty of fluids

And as hard as it may be to get started, the more active you are, the more energy you'll have. At this point you are probably still only cleared for walking but try to walk as much as you can.

And you are still pretty early out - be kind to yourself and let yourself rest while you are healing.

It will get better, but it takes a while

Don't take this the wrong way but push through the tired. Go as far as you can today and go farther tomorrow. My motivation was sex. I wanted my wife bad but I was afraid of not being able to have any stamina. Day 5 afterwards and I was ready for slow and easy. By day 9 we were like teenagers.

I seem to be so tired here lately. Any recommendations on what I can do to help that? Sleeve 9/12/16

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Make sure you are getting in all of your Protein and fluids.

Take your Vitamins and supplements.

sleep and take it easy. Don't push yourself. You just had major surgery. You are allowed to rest.

keep in mind that your body is very busy behind the scenes in early days - processing fat at a high rate, healing from surgery.

if there are no Vitamin deficiencies (I think these are usually checked at 3 months- hopefully you're taking your supplements) make sure along with activities you have plenty of relaxation plans too - for me examples of this are epsom salts baths in my jetted tub, massage and a bedtime yoga routine. try to get extra sleep. try to meet Protein and Water goals.

My fatigue lasted until I got to soft foods. Once I did that, I was able to increase my calories enough to feel vaguely functional, plus I was through the bulk of the healing.

I was sleeved on September 1st and I am super tired. I am still on full liquids. I am getting my 60 grams of Protein and all my liquids, but I barely get in 400 calories a day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved on September 1st and I am super tired. I am still on full liquids. I am getting my 60 grams of Protein and all my liquids, but I barely get in 400 calories a day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, you will feel better once you can get more calories in. Fatigue was a major issue for me through my liquid and puree phases.

I just went back to work today, sleeved 9/15. Omg am I EXHAUSTED. Only half a day at my desk job, but I work in a big corporate building and am up and around walking to and from meetings in a mile long building.

I have a huge event Thursday at the convention center starting at 630am that I'm so worried about. Can't eat the boxed lunch and it has been an exhausting event in prior years in 100% health.

I just went back to work today, sleeved 9/15. Omg am I EXHAUSTED. Only half a day at my desk job, but I work in a big corporate building and am up and around walking to and from meetings in a mile long building.

I have a huge event Thursday at the convention center starting at 630am that I'm so worried about. Can't eat the boxed lunch and it has been an exhausting event in prior years in 100% health.

I wish you luck and hope you last all day, I know it's been a struggle for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was 9/23 and I feel very tired! My surgeon called me today to check on me and said it was normal. Started my Protein drinks today, hopefully I feel better.

kriz