Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got qualified to get the sleeve and im doing all the pre tests and stuff that needs done except in havinf the worst time losing the pre op weight.....im trying so hard to watch what i eat but i work in a restaurant (tired of the food tho) and i feel like i got no support what so ever!!!! Im so sad.... need some advice....thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

start by recording your daily intake in a food diary app like my fitness pal. and be honest with it - record every single bite. Do that for a couple of days. Then take a really hard look at it - you'll be surprised at how easy it is to see what things you should cut out. If you drink sugar sweetened beverages - start there. Then start cutting the carbs like Pasta, rice, potatoes. You'll want to start that carb detox process now before surgery.

And don't expect to make a drastic change overnight and be able to stick with it. I had to do a 6 month medically supervised period and I gradually cut my calories every couple of weeks until I was already down to about 1300 calories a day when I started the 2 week pre-op liver shrink diet. As you cut calories, gradually increase your activity level.

You'll be surprised how much progress you'll make during this time. Any weight you get off, will make the surgery easy and the immediate post op recovery so much easier!

Hang in there - you can do this. And it sucks when the people in our life son't support us, but remember you are doing this for you and you are worth it. And you have support here.

Do you take your own food in?

Do you have a small snack every 2-3 hours?

Do you drink as much Water as you can?

Can you go outside when its really bad and take a few deep breaths, remember why you are doing this and the go back to work?

I now its difficult but getting into good habits now will really help in the long run.

Keep posting and let us know how you are getting on :)

As a former everything in a restaurant up to manager person lol... I can only imagine the struggle. Your very first step needs to be explaining (with a doctor's note if necessary, my restaurant was super strict) that you are dealing with some medical issues that require you to snack small or drink a shake every 2-3 hours. You don't have to tell them what, it's not their business. They can't legally deny you bringing in and consuming your own snacks/beverages/whatever if you have a doctor's note. Buy a cute lunch box or cooler, stock it and bring it to work every day. You can live without your restaurant's food. We all get tired of it. It's just hard to avoid it when you get (possibly gourmet) food at a discount. If you have your own Snacks and prep, you'll make it so easy on yourself. Drink only Water. Grab a sip or cone cup of Water every time you go to the kitchen or server area, keep a bottle with you if you're BOH.

It can totally be done!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Do you have a nutritionist? One might be able to help with food suggestion regarding the ulcers. And Google, there are bound to be ideas out there. Even search some threads on here.

Along with no support, I have 5 ulcers just diagnosed on friday and i dont know what i can and cannot eat....

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

Way back when they used to think stomach ulcers were caused by stress or spicy foods but several years ago they figured out that a bacteria causes them. They are treatable with antibiotics. I would think they would have you on medication for them???

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the BariatricPal App