Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fiber Supplement

Hi, anyone know of any supplement to take that is the equivalent of eating veggies to keep you regular?

Benefiber, Miralax, dulcolax, all my make stomach gurgle and just not the same.

Curious if there is something else out there.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Citrucel is the only one that does not cause stomach gurgling and excess gas. It costs more but is so worth it.

Well I take ItWorks Greens which keeps me very regular and is the equivalent of eating 8 servings of fruits and vegetables. I also happen to be a distributor. You can check it out at www.amyritamiller.myitworks.com

I've been taking them for over a year now and they make you feel great.

Oh and there is no gas or bloating involved which is a plus!

I'm embarrassed to ask this, but do either of these keep you from having diarrhea? I feel like my body is already going through the dumping syndrome and I get so sick ... I'm wondering if it's the benefiber combined with the Protein bars.

I feel so weak already on this pre-op diet that I hate to add another thing that makes me so shaky and weak.

I appreciate both of your advice!

I was taking Benefiber and had terrible diarreha problems. My weight loss surgeon referred me to a gastroenterologist. That is a doctor who specializes in problems with the intestines and colon.

He told me that RNY itself can cause the runny stools. He said the best solution was adding more Fiber to soak up the liquids. He said that Benefiber uses a thickener called wheat dextrin and that is why it causes gas and bloating. Fiber supplements with psyllium are meant to treat Constipation not diarrhea. Only the methylcellulose fiber in Citrucel will keep you regular without causing gas, bloating and diarrhea.

I spent years in misery before I found what works for me.

@@momto3E This product does not give me diarrhea. I'd be glad to send you a few samples so that you can try them. I don't have any side effects like gas, bloating or diarrhea. And who doesn't need a supplement that gives you 8 servings of fruits and veggies in one serving, which also gives you the extra energy that your body needs. You can send me your address via email and I can send you a couple samples. My email is ahipchik1965@yahoo.com and I'll also send you background info on the product so you can ask your doctor to make sure it's okay for you to take. I'm sure it will be. The product is all natural and Non-GMO which is hard to find something without added chemicals.

Citrucel is the only one that does not cause stomach gurgling and excess gas. It costs more but is so worth it.

I just wanted to tell you that I've been using this since you suggested it and my stomach is a 100 times better!! Thank you!

I do have to switch to Miralax 2 days before and for the first 2 weeks preop, so that makes me nervous. I hope I can handle it.... haha

Thanks again!