Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie here! 6 mo P/O and Pregnant!

Hello group,

I am new here. I was browsing forums online and found this one and hope I can call it home for awhile.

I am 39 years old and 6 months post gastric sleeve and found out yesterday I am pregnant. I calculated I am 3 weeks and 4 days. Not far along at all. I am a POAS addict. I took like 5 tests and all were as positive as day!

I havent yet made an OB appt but I plan on calling her up tomorrow.

I am really looking for some reassurance here as I am pretty scared of miscarriage and something going wrong because we cant eat as much as before. And that I am 39!!

Anyone here 39 or around that and pregnant too? Can anyone advise what I should do right away as far as eating goes and Vitamins go before I can see my OB?

I am taking One a day Prenatal which is very good. But any help or advce right now would be sooo good.

Thanks everyone so much!!

post-78808-0-33541500-1474860628_thumb.jpg

Hello group,

I am new here. I was browsing forums online and found this one and hope I can call it home for awhile.

I am 39 years old and 6 months post gastric sleeve and found out yesterday I am pregnant. I calculated I am 3 weeks and 4 days. Not far along at all. I am a POAS addict. I took like 5 tests and all were as positive as day!

I am really looking for some reassurance here as I am pretty scared of miscarriage and something going wrong because we cant eat as much as before. And that I am 39!!

Anyone here 39 or around that and pregnant too? Can anyone advise what I should do right away as far as eating goes and Vitamins go before I can see my OB?

I am taking One a day Prenatal which is very good. But any help or advce right now would be sooo good.

Oh lord, only 6 months post op, wow. I know i havent had my surgery as of het, oct 4th, but when i went to my pre op class they said DO NOT GET PREGNANT WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR. Your body is still healing, 2, you really cant eat really good like you should. But, babies are a blessing and so that god for those gifts. I will keep you in my prayers. At 39, after losing weight, now youre going to have to put on some weight? If you wanted anymore, youd better have this 1 because our chances start to get slim after 40. GOOD LUCK BABYGIRL. Remember, this is a Blessing

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Omg thank you for this. I haven't had to use contraception for about 7 years since my weight gain and pcos. Well now that my cycles are back so are my of becoming preggos. With 2 teens 12 and 15, me 35 years old 3 months post op the last thing i need is to be pregnant. I'd be mortified and honestly i don't know what Id do. So I don't know if this pregnancy is good news for you but I wish you well. I'm getting contraceptives asap!

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I got pregnant 10 months after surgery back in 2013 (and pregnant again in 2015!!) my doctor assured me that the baby would not suffer from my low intake. The baby takes everything they need and if anyone were to suffer from not eating enough, it would be the mother. I was down to 170 pounds when I got pregnant the first time, gained 15 pounds, after she was born I managed to not lose a single pound (my fault, not the surgery's) and a month after her first birthday I became pregnant with my second. That time I gained 30 pounds (up to 225, if you can follow my rambling). She is now 2 months old and I'm down to 205 pounds and trying hard to lose the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congratulations! Babies are a blessing. Just try to get your Vitamins in and as many nutrients as you can especially during the first trimester. Good luck in your journey. Will this be your first?

Sent from my VS880PP using the BariatricPal App

Hello group,

Hi Sarah! Congratulations! Assuming this is an exciting thing! Haha

Keep us posted with your progress and what your doc has to say.

I am almost 13 weeks pregnant and was just over 7 months when we were given our surprise. Honestly I read on here so many women getting pregnant and I was shocked. Honestly, I'm ashamed to say I rolled my eyes when I read it thinking you guys are crazy not to have listened to your doc. Well after being with my husband for fifteen years, this one time a condom broke. Of course it happened to be when I was ovulating and just like that I'm now "one of those women". Haha. I take back anything I may have thought about these "crazy" women before.

I'm 29 and this is my first pregnancy. I was a low bmi before for surgery, and so after about 4-5 months I stalled out. If I measured and weighed and tracked all my macros I could still lose, but I was mostly back to normal life. Eating what I wanted for the most part but just in very small portions.

I had the morning sickness until about week 11. Not actually sick, but nauseous until mid afternoon most days.

Now I'm waking up in the middle of the night tossing and turning for hours. And usually feel starved when I do this.

I had my surgery in Mexico so just had basic check ups and blood tests with my doc here at home, just making sure my Vitamin levels are good, etc. I see her again at the end of this month and I'm going to ask if there's a local nutritionist that she can refer me to that has experience with Bariatric patients.

So far I haven't gained any weight, maybe about a pound but I tend to fluctuate daily so one day it's up the next it's down. I just found from about week 6-11 I ate a lot of carbs. bread and crackers cuz that was all that settled my stomach.

Good luck with everything! And keep us posted!

I am 7 months post surgery, and I just found out I am pregnant. I am taking a prenatal, and trying to make sure I eat enough, etc., but I am still a little concerned, because we weren't planning for this baby just yet. I am excited, but I think I will feel better once I see and talk to my doctor. Anyone that has advice, I am all ears!

Hi all, I'm new to posting on here. I'm 7 months out from my gastric sleeve surgery and just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant (probably only about 2 weeks).

A little history about me: I had PCOS and really bad hypothyroidism for the past 7 years. Since my surgery--I've lost 85 lbs!-- all of my PCOS symptoms have disappeared, and my thyroid is perfect. I've also had two miscarriages (in 2014 and '15).

This was not planned. Although at my last bariatric appointment I did ask about getting pregnant before my one year surgiversary, only because I was curious about trying again. She did tell me that I was very healthy across the board and it would be okay for me to get pregnant now, but that it was up to me, especially if I wanted to lose any more weight.

I have an appointment on the 31st, and am hoping everything will be just fine. I take a lot of Vitamins, and will be religious about taking them now. I am really nervous, not so much about being a WLS patient, but more for the fact that I really don't want to go through another miscarriage.

I'd love to be able and stay in contact with others during this and to share knowledge!

Edited by renegadesoul

I was 9 months po and became pregnant. She's 5 months now. No complications at all. I had a wonderful pregnancy. I wish you luck. Please don't worry about miscarriage. Keep positive and enjoy every moment of this pregnancy because although being pregnant with a sleeve is a little challenging, pregnancy is a beautiful experience. Morning sickness and all. ????

anamarie

I only gained 15 pounds and it was all baby. Gone after a week. As long as you make sure you keep to your meal plans you will be fine.

anamarie

Hello group,

You need to speak directly to your surgeon and to an obygn asap. Best wishes and thoughts to you

Sent from my VS986 using the BariatricPal App

I took my prenatal and a multi. Plus my other Vitamins as usual. And Biotin. As far as eating goes I just ate the same as I would normally eat. Protein!! eggs. Gree k yogurt. chicken. Make sure you take your Iron too.

Yay!! Congratulations to all of you who are pregnant! I actually am hoping to get this surgery to improve my fertility chances. The doctor said to wait 18 months after surgery to start trying to maximize weight loss, but I'm glad that those who got pregnant earlier didn't have any complications. Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App