Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did everyone else do day 5 out of 14 days of pre-op fast? Omgoodness, i am dying here. Surgery isnt until the 4th of oct and im getting jumpy. Im just ready to get it over with. I havent gotten on a scale, i wont until after i get ready to go into surgery so i can track my beginning weight. Ive started using the adult coloring books to keep my mind off of food and its helping. Im not hungry because im doing just Water a d 3 Protein Shakes, and Bone Broth if i want a different taste, but please pray that i make it without going into the refrigerator for ice cream....lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

What did everyone else do day 5 out of 14 days of pre-op fast? Omgoodness, i am dying here. Surgery isnt until the 4th of oct and im getting jumpy. Im just ready to get it over with. I havent gotten on a scale, i wont until after i get ready to go into surgery so i can track my beginning weight. Ive started using the adult coloring books to keep my mind off of food and its helping. Im not hungry because im doing just Water a d 3 Protein shakes, and bone broth if i want a different taste, but please pray that i make it without going into the refrigerator for ice cream....lol

I'm on day 4 of pre op. Struggling at times but I haven't cheated... I am on full liquids so cottage cheese, cream Soups and yogurt are ok. I mix all my Protein in with those typically. But it's getting old, quick. I feel your pain. A lot more difficult then I imagined it would be.

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

What did everyone else do day 5 out of 14 days of pre-op fast? Omgoodness, i am dying here. Surgery isnt until the 4th of oct and im getting jumpy. Im just ready to get it over with. I havent gotten on a scale, i wont until after i get ready to go into surgery so i can track my beginning weight. Ive started using the adult coloring books to keep my mind off of food and its helping. Im not hungry because im doing just Water a d 3 Protein shakes, and bone broth if i want a different taste, but please pray that i make it without going into the refrigerator for ice cream....lol

I know how you feel! I am on day 8. Around day 5 I started to get extremely irritated and short tempered. Today is better. I have been tryong to stay busy...that usually works, then when I get hungry I make a shake. Hang in there! We can do it. My surgery is Oct 3!

I'm on day 4 of pre op. Struggling at times but I haven't cheated... I am on full liquids so cottage cheese, cream Soups and yogurt are ok. I mix all my Protein in with those typically. But it's getting old, quick. I feel your pain. A lot more difficult then I imagined it would be.

Sent from my LGLS770 using the BariatricPal App

Hell, i cant even have yogurt so youre better than me....lol. it got better to me after the 3rd day but now its just old. As long as i get all my protein in, i dont feel hungry

I know how you feel! I am on day 8. Around day 5 I started to get extremely irritated and short tempered. Today is better. I have been tryong to stay busy...that usually works, then when I get hungry I make a shake. Hang in there! We can do it. My surgery is Oct 3!

So we're really together. Yours on that monday and mine is that tuesday. Thats exactly what it is, boring. But i love to color as a child so im going through these adult coloring books like crazy. My granddaughter is here with me from Germany and shes 3yrs old so she keeps me busy, but then i have to get her food together and tbats when i wanna snack....lol

That would be tough. I'm glad that my husband has been making dinner for the kids. They have been enjoying pizzas a lot lately, lol!

I just can't stand the idea of cooking and not eating it. So my hats off to you! I love the coloring book idea.

How long is the pre op fast?

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

What did everyone else do day 5 out of 14 days of pre-op fast? Omgoodness, i am dying here. Surgery isnt until the 4th of oct and im getting jumpy. Im just ready to get it over with. I havent gotten on a scale, i wont until after i get ready to go into surgery so i can track my beginning weight. Ive started using the adult coloring books to keep my mind off of food and its helping. Im not hungry because im doing just Water a d 3 Protein Shakes, and Bone Broth if i want a different taste, but please pray that i make it without going into the refrigerator for ice cream....lol

Never mind I just reread and saw the 14days yikes

Exactly, 14 days. Now thats my dr here in fl. But then i read where some people didnt have to fast at all so i was like, wth......ive now kinda gotten use to it because ive taken all my Vitamins in the am so it has gotten easier

-

Exactly, 14 days. Now thats my dr here in fl. But then i read where some people didnt have to fast at all so i was like, wth......ive now kinda gotten use to it because ive taken all my Vitamins in the am so it has gotten easier

-

O ok I am in Washington state I was told 2 wks as well but my aunt that got her sleeve done about a yr ago was on it for a month. She got hers done at a different place though so fingers crossed lol

Hang in there. I just kept telling myself 'if I can't do this I shouldn't have to surgery...the change begins now!' Just keep fighting the food thoughts. Surgery will be here before you know it. I was able to have 2 cups of vegetables a day. I made cabbage Soup that was amazing after a day of Protein Shakes. Can you have vegetables? Recipe- half head cabbage, fat free beef broth, can petite diced tomatoes, diced celery and onions. Bring to boil...simmer for an hour. Good luck! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using the BariatricPal App

I am on day 10 it does get better, my surgery is tomorrow. Ever time I felt hungry I drank a bottle of Water or a glass of crystal light. Felt like I was sloshing when I walked but it did help with the hunger. Good luck you can do this

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

One thing that I realized during my pre-op diet.....that I was never going to feel this desperately hungry again while dieting after surgery. I am 5.5 weeks post op now, and it has been completely true.

This is the hungriest you will ever be. It's all about to change.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

When I fast I kept busy. I worked with children, I serviced my clients, and I went to clubs only to dance and mingle. I was 258 starting out then with fasting and staying busy I lost ten pounds before surgery. My surgery was August 24th and as of today I have lost 40 lbs. I try to walk 30 minutes a day and eat right

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using the BariatricPal App