Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheated on my pre-op

Well everyone... I caved and ate food on my third day in of my pre-op liquid diet. I went into Walmart and legitimately bought my Protein Shakes and sugar free Jello etc. I paid then walked out to my car, loaded the groceries and said fu*k it I'm going to Subway! I consciously made this decision. I'msatisfied that I'm full but now a nervous wreck that I just messed everything up. Surgery is in 11 days. October 6th. Has anyone else cheated?!

eriirosee

Probably most of us. LOL. I remember my surgeon saying he found a hamburger in one's stomach, so I had it in my mind he could find what I ate.

Ahhhh I did also last night. I'm now, of course freaking out because I'm scheduled for surgery October 5th AND I'm flying to another state to get it done so ive never met surgeon and am scared I ruined things. I was placed on a 2week diet and have been doing really good minus last night. I had nachos from taco bell (thankfully felt like crap after) ......and then I had a few drinks ... I'm praying that if I stay on track starting today I'll be okay. Good luck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

The main thing is that you are back on track. Thar's what really counts. You can do this!!!

Ahhhh I did also last night. I'm now, of course freaking out because I'm scheduled for surgery October 5th AND I'm flying to another state to get it done so ive never met surgeon and am scared I ruined things. I was placed on a 2week diet and have been doing really good minus last night. I had nachos from taco bell (thankfully felt like crap after) ......and then I had a few drinks ... I'm praying that if I stay on track starting today I'll be okay. Good luck!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

We just gotta stay strong and push through! I'm on the two week liquid diet as well! Good luck with everything!!

eriirosee

The main thing is that you are back on track. Thar's what really counts. You can do this!!!

Thank you!! I'm going to get through this.

eriirosee

Well everyone... I caved and ate food on my third day in of my pre-op liquid diet. I went into Walmart and legitimately bought my Protein shakes and sugar free Jello etc. I paid then walked out to my car, loaded the groceries and said fu*k it I'm going to Subway! I consciously made this decision. I'msatisfied that I'm full but now a nervous wreck that I just messed everything up. Surgery is in 11 days. October 6th. Has anyone else cheated?!

eriirosee

I cheated a couple times during my pre-op diet...one in the very beginning of my 10 days and the other just a couple days before surgery....it's hard, I understand. But I had my surgery on Sept 7th and all went well. Now I'm just trying to get my energy back in line. I wish you well on your journey!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Well everyone... I caved and ate food on my third day in of my pre-op liquid diet. I went into Walmart and legitimately bought my Protein shakes and sugar free Jello etc. I paid then walked out to my car, loaded the groceries and said fu*k it I'm going to Subway! I consciously made this decision. I'msatisfied that I'm full but now a nervous wreck that I just messed everything up. Surgery is in 11 days. October 6th. Has anyone else cheated?!

eriirosee

I cheated a couple times during my pre-op diet...one in the very beginning of my 10 days and the other just a couple days before surgery....it's hard, I understand. But I had my surgery on Sept 7th and all went well. Now I'm just trying to get my energy back in line. I wish you well on your journey!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much. I'm glad everything went well for you!!

eriirosee

There is a reason for the pre-op, so please stay on track for your health and safety. If you are still a few days pre-op then get back up on the wagon and stay on program. I can tell you that post-op is more intense because you are healing so cheating then can have painful/serious complications.

just sayin'

16 plus months post-op...down over 100lbs,

jane

I was reading this and seeing that everyone is on the pre-op diet. I am as well, but i'm allowed 2 Protein shakes and a sensible meal... not all liquid... 2 days before surgery I am on total liquids only. while I know some meals aren't as sensible as others, the subway meal could have been a lot worse... could have been a whopper and fries... Just keep going and get back on track! You got this! Good luck on your upcoming surgery and continued success!!

I was reading this and seeing that everyone is on the pre-op diet. I am as well, but i'm allowed 2 Protein shakes and a sensible meal... not all liquid... 2 days before surgery I am on total liquids only. while I know some meals aren't as sensible as others, the subway meal could have been a lot worse... could have been a whopper and fries... Just keep going and get back on track! You got this! Good luck on your upcoming surgery and continued success!!

Thank you so much and I'm jealous of your one sensible meal a day! Good luck girlfriend♡

eriirosee

I am only 2 days into to this 2 week liquid diet and I want food soon bad. I have to cook my daughter some dinner shortly and I want so bad to eat what she is having.

Don't worry! Now that I'm a few days in I am slowly feeling better and so will you. Just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this!

eriirosee