Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 4 Days ago. So many questions

I was Sleeved on Wednesday Sep 21st. Passed the Leak Test, Released on Friday

So I have a series of questions, fears, concerns.

1. I know I am suppose to take in 64oz of liquids but everytime I drink I hold liquids but I can feel the liquid entering the stomach and get a little bit if pressure pain. Or Gas pain.

IN fact my next question

I am constantly feeling Bloated and Gassy. Will this eventually go away? It is depressing. I want to feel normal again and I just feel bloated 24/7 since

Another question is How long till I can safely say I wont spring a leak on my new VSG? I had my dog accidentally jump on my stomach and I got scared about that.

And lastly will I ever be able to enjoy foods I use to love? I am entering depressions and regrets 4 days out. Worrying ill never know an Egg on buttered English Muffin again. Or pizza or a cheese Burger..

Someone please respond and help me

I haven't had my surgery yet but I have researched enough to know that you will be able to eat again, in small amounts, but it is going to take weeks or even months. And some people never eat carbs again (either they don't sit well or they don't lose weight when they eat them)

As far as the discomfort I think that is normal but I would call my surgeon if I was really concerned.

I have a suggestion for you, go to YouTube and search for VSG, WLS, etc. There are HUNDREDS of people who make videos about their journey. They will explain how they felt, complications, what they are able to eat when, etc. VERY informative.

I was sleeved on 9/20 and I still feel it when the Water enters my stomach, and I normally burp too. But the best thing for the gas is to walk through it. I've been walking every hour for 10 minutes and I go back to lay down and the pain is gone. Also if drinking is that un comfortable try room temperature Water and taking smaller sips. It might help.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

For the last part will you ever enjoy the foods you love, yes but I think part of this whole journey is learning that you eat to live, not live to eat. I mean I've never craved a pizza more in my life right now. But I know this is what I need to be doing right now.

I'm about 6 weeks out and I'm slowly able to drink Water plain. It didn't sit well the first few weeks, so I alternated with Water and highly diluted Apple juice. It gets better, I promise! I had the same doubts and fears, but I'm feeling so much better these days.

@@Pi Sano for me, at a little over 3 'months post op i can tell you bloated feeling will go away and get better stick to your plan

Water sip sip sip. You will feel it fill up and small sips make it more comfortable. You will likely find as i did that it takes quite a long time to finish especially at first. This show rationale for post op liquid diet as it would be hard to abide by 30/30 rule with constant sips!

food you loved well I guess that is a philosophical discussion for many on this board. I believe it is about a new way of eating and living as we have changed our body to help change the outcome of eating in long run. That means a long run of eating differently and recognizing what that means to you personally. Will you indulge? Can you one day? Should you and how do you balance quality of that indulgence and monitoring any weight gain?

For me that seems way off in future. But many foods can be changed to high Protein and diet friendly --- bunless cheeseburgers, "pizza" interpreted as sauce and cheese on parmasean crisp (or other variations).

Your body has changed, now is time for mind and actions to support!

I was sleeved on the 20th. The pain has subsided. Doing my Protein shakes and Water. Not getting enough in but getting better. Drinking things at room temps makes a world of difference. I feel like I'm in a bad mood. Mad at myself for doing this. Every tv station I watch has 100's of commercials on food. I'm missing food so much. Wondering how long before I can at least have a piece of chicken. I certainly have regrets!!!!

I was Sleeved on Wednesday Sep 21st. Passed the Leak Test, Released on Friday

So I have a series of questions, fears, concerns.

1. I know I am suppose to take in 64oz of Liquids but everytime I drink I hold liquids but I can feel the liquid entering the stomach and get a little bit if pressure pain. Or Gas pain.

IN fact my next question

I am constantly feeling Bloated and Gassy. Will this eventually go away? It is depressing. I want to feel normal again and I just feel bloated 24/7 since

Another question is How long till I can safely say I wont spring a leak on my new VSG? I had my dog accidentally jump on my stomach and I got scared about that.

And lastly will I ever be able to enjoy foods I use to love? I am entering depressions and regrets 4 days out. Worrying ill never know an Egg on buttered English Muffin again. Or pizza or a cheese Burger..

Someone please respond and help me

I was sleeved on the 21st & was struggling with the Water & pain issue too. I borrowed one of my toddlers sippy cups & this has helped me so much in getting the liquids down without the weird pressure. It might be worth a try?

This week is tough I'm right there with you

Sent from my iPod touch using the BariatricPal App

my mother is almost a year out down 80 pounds is at 160 for awhile now probably 4 months. she eats pizza ( a slice when we have it she can't eat much lol) she also orders burgers when we go to restaurants with no bun. i am only 3 days out i felt the same way right away omg i can never eat this and this again. you will be able to but the thing is we don't want to go down the road to how we got here, if you can figure out your problem

food like chips or whatever i would suggest never trying it

you will be able to eat anything again one day and that is the problem, you don't want to be eating these foods all the time. my mother has a very regular routine and will get a "treat" sometimes. but she doesn't do it often.

I was depressed too. First and foremost get every hour and walk around your house, yard, neighborhood for at least 10 minutes. It helps to break up the gas. Trapped gas is the worst feeling in the world!! Next, they don't want you to lift anything over 5 lbs for two weeks. Your dog jumping on you isn't the same thing. Give yourself a few more weeks. I am almost four weeks out and feeling much, much better every day. Things that you enjoyed before, you will enjoy again just not now and in much smaller quantities. It takes time to be able to digest things like bread, meat, Pasta. Don't eat them yet. It will make you feel horrible almost immediately. Stick to liquid and soft Protein for about 2 weeks. Then small amounts of chicken, tuna, salmon. Don't eat vegetables unless that are cooked to mush. Hard to digest. Remember slow and steady wins the race!!

I was also sleeved on the 21st and I thought I was going to die lol. I asked myself what did I get into. But I had to stop and think. I didnt come all this way to give up now. The first few days its hard. But it gets better everyday. Walk alot, dont stay in bed all day. One thing that works for me and keeps me going during this healing process is the scale. Everytime I weigh myself, the numbers are going down. This motivates me to stay on track and follow my doctors orders. Try to stay hydrated and try to get some Protein in. Good Luck and Happy healing!

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App